Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The consultant MUST have recent experience in the FINANCIAL/BROKERAGE industries. The client needs somebody with 10+ years of experience as an Oracle DBA; including experience in Oracle 11gR2 cross-platform migration and in Linux (Redhat, SuSe) environment and proficient in shell/Perl scripting
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Our client is seeking a forward-thinking team player who
will contribute to the design, implementation and on-going support for their
production and pre-production platform infrastructure service and be part of
the Oracle 11gR2 migration effort. In this role you will leverage
cross-discipline expertise in Database Systems, Applications and Software
Development to design, implement, and operationalize systems and application
solutions. Should be good at performance tuning and work with application
The ideal candidate must be creative, self-motivated, innovative, detail oriented, and eager to work with the latest technologies along with a strong desire to maintain and help improve applications and supporting services. Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
· Partner closely with Operations and Engineering teams to design, implement, and operationalize scalable applications and infrastructure
· Achieve and maintain a holistic understanding of applications, technologies, and services
· Drive continuous improvement of applications and infrastructure through the organization to ensure optimal operations, performance, and stability of services
· Provide expert support for analyzing platform-level configuration and performance issues
· Define and promote standard operating procedures of database design, deployment and automation, performance tuning and analysis, operational management of applications.
· Expert in Oracle 11gR2 cross-platform migration.
· Experience in Linux (Redhat, SuSe) environment and proficient in shell/Perl scripting.
· Expert in providing high availability and disaster recovery procedures and automation.
· 10+ years of IT/Finance industry experience in a high volume, 24/7 production environment
· Strong ability to lead and influence in a technical lead role
· Extensive Oracle / Application DBA experience Clustering, ASM, Data Guard, RMAN, GRID Control, Partitioning, Flashback, RAC and Performance Tuning; Oracle Security technology implementation; All aspects of DB Design and Architecture
· Interest in understanding applications and Application design experience
· In-depth knowledge of automation concepts, theories, and practices
· Outstanding team player and work well with cross functional teams
· Ability to work well under pressure & complete project deliverables within deadline and with minimum supervision
· Excellent communication (Verbal and Written)
· Experience with monitoring technologies
· Application DBA experience a plus in addition to Oracle Clustering, HA and DR solutions, Partitioning, VMware, Performance Tuning expertise; Replication technologies; All aspects of DB Design and Architecture
# of Years Required: 10+ Years
Oracle Master a strong plus
Oracle DBA experience in production environments and tuning a strong plus us
Required Education: BA or Work experience equivalent.