Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Provide project management leadership within the IP Telephony program. The IP Telephony project will be delivered to a number of different Company locations with varying numbers of endpoints. Project management is necessary to manage the rollout to the different areas. This project manager will work closely with the overall program manager. This person will be responsible for end-to-end project management, demonstrating ownership of the entire process from beginning to end. Responsible for coordination of internal Company teams and external third party resources assigned.
Coordination of vendor related activities with internal sourcing and legal departments to secure contracts, resources and timely execution of work activity.
• Ensure the project scope is adequately defined and agreed upon by all stakeholders
• Establish proper project governance and ensures that the structure and controls are followed
• Work closely with project sponsors to ensure requirements are complete, accurate and measurable
• Ensure that appropriate duration and man hour estimates are prepared and maintained for project efforts
• Establish & maintain detailed project work plans
• Monitor project progress against baseline schedule
• Ensure that any project change requests are assessed for impact to schedule, and that approved schedule changes are implemented
• Provide regular updates in accordance with the program and PMO requirements
• Ensure that initial project estimates & financial forecasts are complete with sufficient level of detail to support baseline estimates
• Monitor the status of the project from a cost perspective
• Ensure that any project change requests are assessed for impact to budget or business case and that approved cost changes are implemented
• Communicate / report financial performance throughout project lifecycle
• Escalate in a timely manner critical issues, risks and conflicts that could impact scope, timeline, resources and or costs.
• Ensure that project deliverables – Charter, BRDs, Test Plans etc. meet quality standards and are approved in a timely manner
• Promote proper resource management by assigning clear ownership in the project schedule, with resource forecasted at appropriate levels
• Monitor & communicate resource utilization
• Manage work stream team leads including internal and vendor resources to ensure that deliverables are completed on schedule
• Institute effective project related internal and external communication
• Escalate and resolve issues via proper communication channels
• Maintain and distribute required project documentation and performance information, including status reports and progress measurements
• Identify, track, manage and resolve project issues and risks
• Perform risk analysis and assist in the development of risk response plans
• Minimum 5 years experience as a Project Manager for VoIP and IP Telephony projects.
• Minimum 5 years hands on experience with VoIP, Cisco Unified Communications, Cisco Contact Center, Cisco Unity. Cisco equipment rollouts
• Demonstrated ability to manage large complex projects and deliver them on time and within budget.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
• Demonstrated ability to meet customer requirements and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of technical & non-technical staff.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
• Ability to multi-task in a consulting role in support of business requirements.
• Strong organizational and management skills with ability to function in a collaborative environment, working with cross-functional teams.
• Project Management Certification highly desirable.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technology discipline