Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgThe Department of the Auditor General will be transitioning to the Commonwealth's SAP system. A PM is requested to provided assistance with this transition.
The Department of the Auditor General will be transitioning to the Commonwealth's SAP system. The go-live date for completion of the transition is December 14, 2013.
The business areas impacted in this transition to SAP are: Human Resources, including Employee Self Service (ESS; Financials, including G/L, accounts receivable, accounts payable; Trave; Procurement; Budget; Payroll. currently the Department utilizes PeopleSoft for Human Resources, some Financials, and Payroll. Other systems within Peoplesoft for fleet management and inventory control will need to be converted to stand alone systems as they cannot be absorbed in SAP.
The project will include a significant training and change management effort on the part of the AG staff to transition from current to SAP-related business processes.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Lead the planning and implementation of project
• Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
• Accountable for delivery of all work tasks identified in the program plan.
• Plan, organize, prioritize, and manage multiple work efforts across application teams.
• Define project tasks and resource requirements
• Develop full scale project plans
• Assemble and coordinate project staff
• Facilitate meetings
• Ensure integration points are identified and included in the project plan
• Plan and schedule project timelines
• Ensure data is prepared for transition to new system
• Track project deliverables
• Provide direction and support to project team
• Provide quality assurance
• Facilitate change management
• Regularly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
• Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
• Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
• Take corrective action if project beings to slip its schedule
• Be accountable for the final review with stakeholders for approval upon completion.
• Notify team leads of project timeliness, milestones, phases, work request target dates, and approve executables
• Communicate and work with users and clients as necessary
• Ensure processes and activities are followed and completed in accordance with time lines
• Anticipate issues and proactively address them
• Resolve conflicts with sensitivity and tact.
• Plan specific training and orientation needs and ensure needs are met
• Ensure goals are timely met
Solid IT Project Management work experience (theoretical and practical)
Experience managing projects without the use of project management software
Proven experience in people management
Strategic Planning experience
Risk Management experience
Change Management experience
Knowledge of SAP functionality
Solid communiction skills; both written and verbal
Excellent planning and organizing skills
Key Competencies: Leadership, Team work, Delegation, Negotiation, Conflict Management, Critical thinking and problem solving skills, and Adaptability.