Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
Two (2) Technical Consultants will be reporting directly to and working with the Michigan State Police’s (MSP) and DTMB designated enterprise architect. These Technical Consultants will establish and execute the software development process of the MSP’s report management system application. Resources listed will not exceed a grand total of 1976 hours each person. The requested personnel is to assist the Department of Technology, Management and Budget (DTMB), and the MSP/Criminal Justice Information Center (CJIC) to develop a custom software design for MSP’s records management system which will integrate with all current and potential future electronic MSP associated applications. Reporting directly to the Architect, the Technical Consultant (“Engineer”) will establish, maintain, and execute the software development process of the Records Management application. The Engineer will work as part of the development team, which will be responsible for the Records Management module development and maintenance of the baseline Records Management application. The Engineer will review the requirements, develop module prototypes, develop the features (including the relevant technical documentation), and participate in design and code reviews. The Engineer will closely monitor the development process throughout and contribute to its successful implementation. The Engineer will further provide constructive criticism and feedback to colleagues during the design reviews, code reviews, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, (in group settings as well as one-on-one). The Engineer will also work on the defect repairs when the project is in its Beta release phase. Engineer will ensure that all modules within the suite are able to be built independently and effectively installed and deployed to the desired customer environment and interact with one another without any issues. Further, the Engineer will assist in reducing the complexity within the software and will create robust automated unit and integration/structure tests to test the code. Engineer would have a working knowledge of the application workflows and operations procedures. Engineer will fundamentally work on creating appropriate Michigan Incident Crime Reporting (MICR) business rules in the system and will manage the lifecycle of conforming the data entry to adhere to all required MICR edits that are needed to submit data to the MSP central repository. Finally, the goal of this position is to ensure the ongoing success of the project by designing critical components of the applications that address concerns of usability, reliability, maintainability, performance, security, and flexibility to respond to change. SCOPE OF WORK:
• Coding/Development of Integrated eAICS Solution from Business and Functional Requirements
• Development of the New Database Schema
• Management of Oracle Database
• Execute Automated Testing TASKS: Technical support is required to assist with the following tasks:
• Participate in Design Review Sessions.
• Update existing MSP Business Requirements for records management system modifications.
• Provide MSP with Detailed Design documents and Corresponding Data Model documents.
• Define any changes to data access layer for Oracle Database.
• Identify integration points within records management modules.
• Create Screen/user Interface mock-ups of all records management modules and tabs.
• Design records management system integration with exposed API interfaces for all MSP electronic applications and/or systems.
• Ensure enhancements to the records management system design conforms to and meets MSP Business Requirements.
• Code, test, and implement complete integration developments to ensure successful project completion and sign off by business owner.
• If the deliverable cannot be provided within the scheduled time frame, vendor is required to contact MSP Project Manager in writing with a reason for the delay and the proposed revised schedule. The request for a revised schedule must include the impact on related tasks and the overall project. The MSP will also be made aware of any extended delays to the completion of the overall project.
• A request for a revised schedule must be reviewed and approved by the MSP CJIC Director, the DTMB Client Services Director and the MSP Project Manager before placed in effect.
• Provide Knowledge Transfer of the Records Management Application to DTMB.
• Provide all source code for the Records Management Application to DTMB and MSP. DELIVERABLES: Deliverables will not be considered complete until the Agency Project Manager has formally accepted them. Deliverables for this project include:
• Conduct Development Review Sessions
• Provide MSP with Detailed Development, Database Support, and Corresponding Data Model Documents
• Provide data access layer and Schema of the eAICS Oracle Database
• Integrate eAICS with exposed API interfaces for eCrash, eCitation, and eDaily
• Ensure that the development of eAICS conforms to and meets MSP Business Requirements
• Provide End User and MSP Support Training and Documentation
• Conversion of all legacy and archived Data from AICSABS into integrated eAICS RMS system
• Provide Detailed End User Testing Documentation
• Develop Detailed Project Plan and Timeline for items for Phase 3 Candidates must posess five years of in-depth knowledge and experience developing and working with Criminal Justice systems. Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field Information Technology (IT) field. A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related Information Technology (IT) field is preferred, but not required. Candidates will be evaluated on the following criteria:
• Degree, Type, Additional Education
• .Net Framework
• Windows based Design/Development/Testing
• Oracle database
• Design/Development with Criminal Justice Systems/Data
• Integration of Criminal Justice Systems/Data
• Testing Documentation/Methods
• Successful Projects to Completion
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field Information Technology (IT) field.
A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related Information Technology (IT) field is preferred, but not required.
Candidates will be evaluated on the following criteria: • Degree, Type, Additional Education • .Net Framework • Windows based Design/Development/Testing • Oracle database • Design/Development with Criminal Justice Systems/Data • Integration of Criminal Justice Systems/Data • Testing Documentation/Methods • Successful Projects to Completion
Criminal Justice System Required 5 Years
.Net Framework Required 2 Years
Design/Development/Testing Required 2 Years
Oracle Database Required 2 Years
Integration of Criminal Justice Systems/Data Required 2 Years
Testing Documentation/Methods Required 2 Years
Successful Projects Required 2 Years