Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
· 2+ years developing applications using Microsoft technologies
· 2+ years of Microsoft .Net web-framework experience using C#
· year of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint) add-in development experience
· Experience in relational database technologies with solid SQL skills
· WPF or WCF is considered a strong plus
· Experience with, and demonstrated understanding of modern software development and testing methodologies
· Willing to work in an energetic, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment and handle multiple conflicting priorities
· Proven ability to work across multiple work streams simultaneously
· Proven track-record of working with project managers, systems analysts, and infrastructure teams to complete and deliver projects
· Proven ability to work independently, to be self-motivated, and to work with minimal supervision.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write technical documentation
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
· Asset Management industry knowledge is a big plus
This is a great opportunity for a Software Engineer to contribute to a wide variety of sustained engineering initiatives that directly impact Wellington’s client servicing, product management, and business development groups. This is a hands-on coding development role on the Client Applications development team supporting the systems that the Global Relationship Management, Investment Products and Strategies, Equity and Fixed Income Product Management Groups use daily. Current state applications include highly customized internally developed web-applications, backend messaging components, and rapid solutions. We are embarking on a multi-year effort to update and transform the entire suite of over fifty-five applications and systems. This is an exciting time for someone motivated, and passionate about software development, to be a strong long-term contributor.
As member of a skilled, collaborative application development team, this individual will participate in all activities to successfully design, develop, and implement projects and enhancements to a variety of applications ranging from a complex SAAS and vendor desktop solutions such as Pivotal CRM and Qvidian RFP to an internal legacy .NET 1.1-based web-services and Microsoft Word addin that leverages our enterprise reporting platform to provide client-ready reports on a monthly basis.
· Provide technical support and perform regular system maintenance for Wellington’s Client Servicing Windows .NET-based technology applications. Work with other software and systems engineers to sustain the application platform via upgrades, patches, and code enhancements.
· Actively participate in architecture, design, development, and deployment efforts of software components and applications.
· Work with other software engineers to design and implement application features, including user interfaces, and business functionality enhancements and defect remediation.
· Design, prototype, and author code for medium complexity software components or applications.
· Ensure adherence to established code-quality standards within the Client Applications Development and QA teams, such as Continuous Integration, Code Reviews, and all required release and support documentation.
· Work across teams such as with middleware, database, and architecture teams to coordinate and facilitate successful production releases.
· Author architecture, technical design, and support documentation.