Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a NetBackup Engineer/Implementation Specialist for our growing Professional Services team. In this role your primary responsibilities will be to assist Clients with implementations, upgrades, configurations, troubleshooting and daily operation of their NetBackup solutions. You will assume a key role in providing ongoing expertise for Client’s tactical and strategic NetBackup related initiatives.
* Assist Client with implementation, upgrade, and configuration of NetBackup solutions.
* Assist Client with daily monitoring and management of the NetBackup solution implemented within the Client’s infrastructure.
* Assist Client in the testing and deployment of scheduled NetBackup product updates and patches.
* When necessary assist in issue troubleshooting and root-cause analysis of NetBackup solutions currently installed within the Client infrastructure.
* Assist Client in process to ensure environment and software compatibility of NetBackup solutions to be installed, implemented, or otherwise used.
* Monitor backup jobs, execute restore jobs, restart failed jobs.
* Execute vaulting process and daily tape management
* Handle NetBackup support issues, coordinate communications between Client’s operations staff and Symantec customer support staff to resolve complex issues, and to assist in escalating issues.
* Through discussions and demonstration, provide periodic informal on-site knowledge transfer, as needed to designated Client employees covering the management, normal operation, and maintenance of the NetBackup infrastructure.
* Monitor sources, including Symantec DeepSight, Symantec Platinum bulletins for new vulnerability and threat alerts.
The premier candidate for
this position will have the following technical skills / background, preferably
on both Windows and UNIX platforms:
* Veritas NetBackup Enterprise Implementation and light Design/Architecture
* Veritas Bare Metal Restore (BMR)
* Veritas Shared Storage Option (SSO)
* Veritas NetBackup Advanced Client
* Veritas Backup to Disk (B2D)
* Virtual Tape Libraries (VTL) Experience
* NetBackup PureDisk
* NetBackup 7.5
* NetBackup Appliance 5xxx, nice to have