Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Works on a team (usually) or alone (occasionally) designing, developing, testing, debugging, and supporting new software or enhancements to existing software in support of a very complex business model. Role includes meeting with customers to understand their business processes and needs with the objective of determining solutions to support the business. This will sometimes require filling multiple roles to turn the customer's needs into actual solutions. Takes initiative, owns issues from start to finish, proactive communicator. Daily activities include typical software development activities (designing, developing, testing, debugging, supporting), but also design and architecture activities as needed.
MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· 30%: Software analysis and design activities for new software or enhancements to existing software to include providing high level estimates based on limited information in support of the project governance process.
· 30%: Software development activities for new software or enhancements to existing software.
· 30%: Support of new and existing software.
· 10%: Interaction/communication with business users regarding requirements, design reviews, prototype presentations, etc.
Course of Study/Major: Information Systems or Computer Science Type of Credentials/Licenses: CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or similar, or equivalent experience.
Related Work Experience: 5-10yrs experience
· Three to five years hands-on experience in modern Data Warehousing development environments utilizing SQL based tools to design and create reports and dashboards. Prefer experience in developing complex reports using Crystal 2011.
· Knowledge of relational database structure and design. Experience with Oracle databases is preferred.
· Ability to create and modify SQL queries.
· Experience with installation, configuration and system architecture for Crystal Reporting Enterprise and Business Objects Enterprise. Understanding of and experience with multiple phases of software development lifecycles/methodologies.
· Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts.
· Demonstrated strong judgment and decision-making ability.
· Passion and ability in providing excellent customer service.
· Demonstrated strong logical and technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· Excellent skills and considerable experience with analyzing requirements and developing application designs.
· Ability to develop accurate estimates and assist other team members with the estimation process.
· Experience in interfacing with business users.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written Exhibit high degree of self-management Availability to participate in an on-call support rotation of a 7x24x365 environment.
· Familiarity with software usability concepts.
· Experience with some ETL tools.
· Understanding of and experience with all software development lifecycle phases.
· Familiarity with configuration management concepts and tools.