Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum 6 years experience in an IT organization.
- 4 to 5yrs experience in a data analyst role.
- Over 5 yrs of strong database and SQL skills.
- Experience working in various RDBMS (Oracle, UDB, DB2 & SqlServer) is required.
- Experience in building unix shell scripts is required.
- Candidate should be self starter and have ability to work in matrix organization.
- Experience in insurance industry is a BIG plus.
- Exposure Informatica and Business Objects tool is a plus.
- Good analytical skills, including the ability to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, and distinguish requests and solution ideas from requirements.
- Proven ability to work directly with the business community, handle demanding user groups, and communicate with internal clients at all levels.
- Writing skills, capability to communicate information effectively and provide quality documentation of processes.
- Ability to learn new concepts, systems, and software independently and quickly.
- Attention to process and procedures to comply with internal/external audits
Data Analyst/Database Developer:
Looking for a seasoned database developer with strong data analyst and SQL skills to build and support data quality processes for COMPANY business. Individual must have good analytical skills to research data issues and ability to build repeatable process to track it. Experience in life insurance industry is big plus. Candidate should have experience working with complex and old systems in a matrix organization.
- Review and document business processes, data dictionaries, and data elements uses.
- Work with data architect to define clear and commonly-used structures, models, and processes to support coordination and collaboration across the organization. Maintain an inventory of existing systems and the data owners responsible for these systems.
- Pro-actively identify business data problems for key subject areas and resolve them. Investigate complaints related to data accuracy, completeness, and timeliness.
- Analyze source systems and develop a detail specification to build exception and audit reports.
- Provide support to IL teams through ad-hoc queries and reports. Identify opportunities for further reporting automation.
- Support existing production applications.