Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127Systems Operations Engineer
|Position||Duration||Rate/ Salary||Location||Interview||Visa Status|
|Sys Operations Engr||6 mos contract to hire||Submit best possible||Itasca, IL||Phone & Face to Face||Citizen, GC, EAD|
This position will be responsible for providing Level 2 operational support for a broad range of information technology areas including Active Directory, Exchange, Citrix and Windows Servers.
List of Essential Duties
- Provide 2nd level support for Active Directory, Exchange, Citrix and Enterprise Microsoft Operating System-based servers
- Monitor, evaluate and troubleshoot existing Active Directory 2003/2008, Exchange and Citrix implementation(s). Develop and implement solutions for evolution, enhancement, issue resolution and tuning.
- Test patches and updates for Microsoft Windows servers on an on-going basis
- Adhere to strict Change management policy to ensure timely notification, testing and approval for all system and application related changes.
- Adhere to problem management practices that focus on root cause analysis and prevention of future problems
- Work with the Service Desk to resolve user issues that have been escalated in a timely manner
- Pro-actively research and suggest ways to improve the efficiency of the Operating Systems
- Support on-call schedule and response to priority incidents as needed
- 3+ years of experience administering Microsoft Active Directory 2003/2008 domains for global organizations
- Working knowledge of Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010 environments
- Excellent working knowledge of all aspects of Microsoft Operating systems and related products
- Experience in building servers based on Microsoft operating systems
- Experience with virtualization (VM Ware) and Citrix suite of products (Xen App & Xen Desktop)
- Thorough knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, WINS, DHCP, Server 2003/2008, troubleshooting tools such as performance monitor
- Strong Process improvement focus
- The individual should be a self-starter, who can focus on the work to be performed and be able to work independently with little management supervision
- The individual must have strong communication skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work within a large organization and possess excellent time management skills
- Focus on Customers – Understands how specific actions link to customer impact; ensures the customer’s needs and impact on the business are at the forefront of all decisions and actions; maximizes customer satisfaction
- Minimum 2 years experience in a technical role managing Active Directory and Exchange services for a global organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency with Visio and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience managing Microsoft SQL Server 2003 and 2005, and IIS
- Experience in architecture and design of Active Directory