Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
Production Support / Developer--- Java, J2EE, .NET, Web Services, UNIX shell scripting languages, SQL
1-3 years experience with the following environments/tools/languages is strongly desirable:
· Database – Understanding of relational database concepts. Experience with Enterprise Applications databases preferred. Experience with recent versions of DB2, Oracle, or MS-SQL database preferred.
· Programming – proficient with a few technical languages (e.g. Java, J2EE, .NET, Web Services, UNIX shell scripting languages, SQL)
· Operating System – UNIX, Windows Server
· Reporting Tools (e.g. Crystal, Essbase)
· ETL (e.g. Informatica, Microsoft DTS)
· Tools – MS Office, MS Visio, Testing Tools (e.g. Load Runner)
· 1-3 years experience working with business owners to define requirements on small projects
· 1-3 years experience working with business owners defining and executing SIT and UAT
· Education: BA or BS in Computer Science, or MIS
· Experience: Typically candidates will possess 3+ years of relevant experience
Motivated self-starter with sharp analytical skills
· Multi-faceted, eager and quick to learn new skills
· Reliable, with a drive for quality
· Must work well in a team environment
· Takes ownership and sees drives issues to their logical conclusion
· Experience with providing critical production support and proficient with a few technical languages as well as implementing long-term improvements.
· Ability to rapidly diagnose issues and leverage COMPANY internal shared resources.
Developer needed for the NY office. Position will be located in Jersey City, NJ until the Home Office in NYC reopens.
This position will report to the Manager of Corporate Business Technology Solutions (BTS) - Production Support and Interfaces group. This group is responsible for providing production support to range of enterprise-wide solutions – consisting of package, custom applications and interfaces. This includes providing clear reference to service ownership, accountability and responsibilities; present a clear, concise and measurable description of service provision to business; and match perceptions of expected service provision with actual service support and delivery.
The following are the position objectives.
· Production Support: Support multiple systems and ensure that support SLA’s are met. This includes analyzing & performing root cause analysis and resolving time sensitive production issues.
· Documentation: The position requires strong documentation skills. Preparing technical specifications, design documents & flow diagrams, test plan & test strategy, test cases, documenting existing processes and run-books.
· Vendor Coordination: The individual will co-ordinate effort between COMPANY internal resources (DBA’s, System administrators, Support Groups, etc) and external vendor resources for resolving production issues, applying new patches/releases and implement new products.
· Communication: Communicate with the business users to ensure that they are well informed of system availability during patches/upgrades.
· Business Coordination: Coordinate with the business users to perform UAT and obtain sign-off.
· Support Transitioning: Transition support related tasks from project implementation and development group to production support & Interfaces group.
Provide production support for various package applications such as WINGS, Paisley, Spectrum, ReconPlus, Chesapeake, Concur, CA Clarity PPM etc. Meet SLAs, ensure applications provide maximum uptime, and controls are in place and effective.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Must work well with both technical and non-technical contacts to ensure business requirements are satisfied
· Experience documenting detail design specifications and adherence to methodology