Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
The Programmer/Analyst will analyze & evaluate technical options to meet business objectives provide recommendations (build or buy). Design, develop and test, implement & support computer programs. Create system & operating documentation as required. Provide guidance to other developers and lead development initiatives as assigned.
• Evaluate requests for new programs or existing program enhancements to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current systems and provide recommendations.
• Define development standards and methodologies for best practices; lead others in the compliance of these practices.
• Aid in the evaluation and implementation of vendor selected applications.
• Aid in the support of vendor applications - communicate and assist in maintaining updated versions.
• Identify, recommend and implement new technologies and/or upgrades as they become available.
• Create technical design specifications.
• Document data specifications and data relationships. Design forms, flowcharts and diagrams as required describing program flow and communication.
• Design, develop, test, implement and support new and existing applications using the selected primary programming language and utilities.
• Create supporting user and technical documentation to describe program specifications, installation, operations, development logic, coding and corrections.
• Design program controls and system manual controls, including business logic, business rules and all other functions relating to the data and business logic tiers.
• Provide guidance & support to programmer analysts.
• Provide technical assistance and training.
• Provide necessary support to ensure applications are operational at all times, implement monitoring as needed.
• Consult with users to identify current procedures and clarify program objectives and provide technical support.
• Prepare test specifications and evaluate test models, use the test network to test program functions and evaluate test results. Debug complex programs.
• B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred
Experience & Background:
• 6-10 years of related experience
• Knowledge of the C# programming language a plus
• Visual Studio 2005 and beyond.
• Knowledge of iSeries RPG, COBOL and CLP a plus.
• Source Control (Vault, CVS, Visual Source Safe, TFS)
• Strong knowledge SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• Strong knowledge in T-SQL programming and database design
• Windows-based and Web-based development and tools.
• Data communications and local area networks.
• Experience with enterprise ETL solutions a plus
• Knowledge of Distribution, Retail, Inventory Control, and Store Systems (POS) a plus
• Knowledge of Financial, Medical, Insurance and Optical Systems a plus.