Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Plans and coordinates work teams. Provides management and technical support to project team members. Handles complex projects. Designs and implements project plans. Generally manages a group of applications system analysts or infrastructure specialists. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Typically reports to a senior manager. Project Manager Capabilities with 6-9 years of experience. The DTMB is requesting one (1) Project Manager for up to 1984 hours to lead projects supporting State of Michigan, including but not limited to provide leadership and project management services through all project stages for the Enterprise Security project implementation for all State of Michigan databases. The work requires the scheduling and tracking of project tasks, and completing the required project deliverables. The Project Manager would be responsible:
a. Monitor and report Agency progress that outlines target to actuals,
b. Work with other Agency project managers to facilitate the development of project scope definitions. (Manage a program of multiple projects)
c. Gather information from project level project managers to roll up to the program level status.
d. Facilitate meetings with Executive Stakeholders
e. Maintain program level budgets, set standards for project level budget data reporting, and create reports of projects and program level budgets. These reports will be produced for the executive level management as well as detailed level reports on an as needed basis.
f. Create program level risk and issue management plans. Will coordinate and produce project and program level resource reports.
Develop, maintain and execute required project documentation and deliverables in alignment with the State’s project management methodology (PMM) and system engineering methodology (SEM) utilizing the State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE). DTMB technical environment for the work Including, but not limited to, MS Office 2010 including Project, Visio, etc.; Windows 7; MS Outlook. The Project Manager will work under the direction of DTMB Agency Services, with partner agencies and DTMB cross matrix teams to understand project requirements and effectively manage the project. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Provide project management services to support the initiation, planning and implementation of the technology deliverables for the project. This includes recommendations on scope, resources and cost, as well as the best course of action/approach to attain the project objectives.
• Provide project management for project activities to ensure the project will be completed on time, within budget and within scope. This includes the development and execution of detailed project plans (and supporting documents) for all phases of the project including schedule, budget, issues and risks at minimum.
• Enter and maintain project information in the State’s Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) tool, Changepoint.
• Must have extensive experience in managing a multi-million dollar program.
• Must have excellent communications skills.
• Must have facilitation skills
• Ability to gather information from project level project managers to roll up to the program level status.
• Ability to create program level risk and issue management plans and coordinate and produce project and program level resource reports.
• Ability to monitor and report Agency progress that outlines target to actuals
• 9 years’ experience in project management utilizing a formal project management methodology, including experience in project planning, scheduling, tracking, issue management, risk management, change management, and status reporting.
• 9 years’ experience with a project scheduling tool such as MS Project
Experience in a government or non-profit environment is highly desired Experience using Changepoint is highly desired