Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Engagement Type: Contract
Location: New York, NY
Duration: 3 Months
Should be local, face to face is a must
- At least 5 years experience in DB2 Linux relational database work, must have exceptional hands-on application DBA skills.
- DB2 Linux version 9 and above (SQL, Temp tables, plan explains, MQTs, MDCs, referential integrity constraints, etc)
- The candidate must be familiar with scripting language such as Perl and Unix / K-Shell .
- The candidate must have strong knowledge base of relational database performance and tuning such as: proper use of indices, database statistics/reorgs.
- HADR for DB2 and LUW is a must (Linux unix windows)
- Few years experience on Oracle Database with RAC experience would be a Plus.
Personal skills: Integrity & ownership, good team player, ability to work under time and resource dependencies and constraints, ability to find simple and effective solutions, high degree of motivation to expand technical and business knowledge.
Work will include designing, enhancing and developing databases across different database environments. The job will involve considering all aspects of the project life cycle and includes proof-of-concept evaluations, coding, designing, testing, implementing, deploying, and continued support of project releases as well as on-call Level 2 support. Collaboration with the Firm’s engineering teams is expected for storage/communication solutions Roles & Responsibilities:
Database Infrastructure Engineering and Operations for stability and scalability, capacity planning 2. Application DBA functions: plan & execute database schema changes, bottlenecks analysis, outage prevention/resolution, server/database performance improvements, database maintenance, database recovery 3. Database development (stored procedures, ETL, tools) and queries/stored procedures review and optimization Skill Set:
The candidate will have the ability to propose/review innovative solutions and implement them in production to achieve significant improvements. They will be an expert in performance optimization on server, database, query, data structures and data flow levels, with advanced database architecture knowledge and hands on expertise in OLTP and Federated database systems. They will have excellent Database Administration skills including in depth knowledge of new and existing features to provide effective solutions for critical systems. They will act as a leader in outage resolutions and multi-team global turnovers. They will be the escalation point for major issues.