Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Right to Hire: No
Professional Day Length: 8.0
Contract Duration: 6+ months
Environment: Business Casual
Sponsorship Available: No
Location: New York, New York
- Experience managing projects using known project management methodologies
- Experience managing projects delivering and/or upgrading enterprise applications
- 5-7 years experience in project management, preference in Real Estate, IT and Business Intelligence
- Previous experience in process development is considered a strong asset
- Post Secondary education in Business or equivalent experience
- Project Management Methodologies Training or Certification
- PMP designation is preferable
- Service driven with excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Collaborates with colleagues across the organization to get things done.
- Proven capability to multi-task
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
- Courteous with a professional image, this candidate must be detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful with the ability to work independently, as well as in team environment.
- Ability to clearly articulate project risks and issues for Project Sponsor/Steering Committee direction to be provided
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand the link between business need and application of technology.
- Proven ability to deliver project deliverables on time and in scope
- Ability to manage third party vendors/ consultants
Manages project communications and status reporting (e.g., communication plan, presentations to steering committees, and management of documents) for the immediate project team, the project stakeholders and for senior management.
The Project Manager should also serve as a subject matter expert and understand the features and functionality of the Real Estate Business Intelligence platform from the user and technical aspect and how the business process is achieved using the platform. The candidate should understand commercial real estate at an expert level or should have the necessary background to acquire the knowledge in a short time frame.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Create and execute project plans/schedules and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identifies resources, requirements and obtains them through the resource management process and assigns individual responsibilities
- Works closely with the team in managing business priorities and ensure alignment with Application Managers for technical specifications.
- Recognizing and resolving conflicting information amongst the needs and the requirements
obtaining approval on and base lining business requirements.
- Manages the gathering of business requirements for the project.
- Manages business documentation and funding / Project Approval Requests for projects.
- Ensures risk assessments are completed, and contingency plans identified
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client
- Assesses ambiguous situations and provides clarity to team and stakeholders as required.
- Manages project closure initiatives (lessons learned, project closure report)
- Effectively applies the Brookfield Project Management Methodology and enforces project standards and promotes best practices
- Ensures effective risk and issues management for project success.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
Effectively completes all required project governance activities