Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
MUST BE WILLING TO GO ON OUR W-2 - NO THIRD PARTIES
Sr. Windows Admin / Network Analyst
Engagement Type: Contract
Location: Windsor, CT
Duration: 6 Months
Under limited direction of the Manager of Systems Design, assumes responsibility for server systems and the management of related projects. Evaluates and provides recommendations for emerging server and network technology. Assists with strategic and tactical planning within the Global Technology Operations and Sustaining Engineering Group. Provides advanced systems diagnosis and problem resolution. This is an advanced technical position requiring a thorough understanding of every component of the Wintel and network infrastructure. This position also requires 7x24 support of all mission critical systems.
- Provides systems management of Wintel server infrastructure including: installing new devices, resolving complex problems, monitoring and alerting server faults, ensuring proper server tuning, documenting and testing disaster recovery plans, capacity planning, ensuring server security at all layers of OSI model, ensuring that support and maintenance contracts are kept up-to-date, investigating and testing emerging server technology, providing recommendations for purchase of new servers.
- Provides systems management of network infrastructure: configuring and maintaining virtual servers utilizing VMWare VSphere, alerting network faults, assisting with topology design and documentation, providing periodic trend analysis reports on the health of the infrastructure, resolving complex problems, ensuring security using appropriate technology, investigating and testing emerging technology.
- Assumes lead responsibility in the management of projects including: presenting proposals for new projects, developing and managing timelines, identifying and securing resources to complete tasks, providing detailed back out plans, providing details of project cost, providing progress updates to everyone involved in the project.
- Professionally interact with clients from beginning to end of any problem.
- On call responsibilities on a rotation basis
- Attend seminars, technical conferences, and courses as pertinent to the fulfillment of the job
- Strong analytical problems solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written across all levels or the organization
- Extensive and advanced knowledge of computers and communication processes
- Knowledge of appropriate operating systems and systems environments.
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft’s Windows and VMWare VSphere environments
- 5-10 years of related technical experience
Please provide the following candidate information when submitting candidates
- Full legal Name noted on the resume
- Contact Details/Phone and email address noted on the resume
- Current Location
- Candidates availability for interview: both phone and in person
- Please also include your best competitive rate