Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops methods and procedures for transportation of raw materials to processing and production areas and transportation of commodities from on-site warehouse to customers, off-site warehouses, or other storage facilities.
• Schedules shipments to ensure compliance with interstate and international traffic laws and regulations and company policies.
• Evaluates and Sets standards that determine most efficient and economical routing and mode of transportation.
• Own and facilitate On-Time-Delivery (OTD) performance, working across functional lines. Includes generation of reports, analyzing data, recommending and implementing improvements.
• Investigates shipper or consignee complaints regarding lost or damaged merchandise or shortages in shipment to determine responsibility.
• Directs preparation of claims against carrier responsible and corresponds with shipper or consignee to effect settlement.
• Initiates investigations into causes of damages or shortages in consignments or overcharges for freight or insurance.
• Initiates changes designed to improve control and efficiency of transportation activities.
• Negotiates contracts for leasing or purchase of containers, transportation equipment, and off-site warehousing as well as maintaining certification of such equipment.
• Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of logistic initiatives with activities of other functions such as production, sales, records control, and purchasing.
• Assists in preparing department budget.
• Lead Drum Tracking project.
• Reconcile invoices with AIMS.
• Ownership of Rikutec drum inventory and supply chain.
• Working knowledge of SAP and COGNOS and AIMS Freight systems.
• Bachelors Degree/MBA preferred
• Semiconductor Industry Experience 2 years
• Supply Chain Experience 3 years
• Freight Experience a plus