Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct reports, work collaboratively with a team of 6 other developers and designers (4 of which are offshore)
Specific Job Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What special skills are required to perform this job (e.g., time management, organization skills, detail oriented, multi-tasking, computer proficiency, etc.)?
• Strong technical aptitude and desire for expanding breadth and depth of technology knowledge
• Strong interpersonal, communication, organization skills
• Ability to synthesize nuances and details of a situation, and approach problems from multiple perspectives
• Ability to conceptualize and think both critically and creatively
• Willingness to obtain a broad understanding of software development and technology
• Proficiency with personal productivity software tools, e.g., Microsoft Office
Education, Licenses, Certificates, Registrations and/or Experience:
• What prior educational experience is required for this position? HS Diploma? College Degree? If so, in what field of study?
o College Degree, preferably in a computer science or engineering related field of study
• What prior work experience is required for this position? In what field? How many years?
o Similar function, 5-8 years
• Any specific certification required or preferred for this position?
The Senior Microsoft Web Developer
• Translates business requirements into system specifications
• Determines appropriate system architecture design to support system specifications for large scale E-Commerce application
• Designs, develops, tests, and supports all aspects and components of the E-Commerce application
• Coordinates activities with other developers and designers
Major Responsibilities and Competencies:
• E-Commerce System Design and Development Skills for Microsoft “Stack”
including Windows, IIS, SQL Server, ASP.NET, etc.
o Database design, development, and support
• Logical vs. physical data base design in a Microsoft SQL Server environment
• Database monitoring and tuning, including index optimization
o Front end (i.e., client-side) design and development in support of both web and mobile interfaces
• Understanding of User Experience design with ability to coordinate, direct, and assist as needed with user experience and graphic designers
o Back end web design and development
• Strong ASP.NET architecture design and development with AJAX, C#
• Deep knowledge of the .NET 3.5/4.0 Framework, including Visual Studio 2010, C#, ASP.NET, ASMX and WCF Web Services
• Experience with ADO.NET and LINQ for data access and management
o Interface design, development, and support
• Interfaces with back end fulfillment and ERP systems using web services, XML import/export, and traditional file transfer methods
• Interfaces with content management and related systems
o Infrastructure operations
• Understanding of hardware, system software, and network configuration and design
• Performance monitoring strategies and tools
• Security, capacity, and stress testing and monitoring
• General Skills
o Software Development Best Practices and Methodologies
• Experience with modern software development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, etc.
• Experience with object oriented analysis, design, and coding techniques to maximize reuse, quality, and productivity
• Experience Test Driven Design and other testing methodologies
• Complete understanding of both Microsoft and 3rd Party ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) tools for database and code design, development, testing, control, release and change management, and collaboration in a team environment
• Assure adherence to standards and QA
• Perform regression, stress, and user acceptance testing
o Familiarity and experience with related technologies, frameworks, etc.
• Content management systems
• ASP.NET community applications and frameworks
o Project Execution
• Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Communicate and enforce coding standards
• Manages resource within budget and project schedule.
o Other duties may be assigned