An information technology engineer that has continuously built and strengthen skills as a senior developer, technical leader, and data architect over the several projects involved throughout my career. Excellent ability to align technical solutions with customer business needs resulting in attainment of goals on time and within budgetary guidelines thus meeting and/or exceeding customer satisfaction expectations. Solid ability to work collaboratively with members of project teams both on - site and remotely as well as facilitates such groups. Areas of business knowledge gained from the projects I worked on over the course of my career are consumer marketing, asset management, financial, project management, and the technical troubleshooting request process.
Frameworks: ASP, ASP.NET, ADO, ADO.NET
Protocols: SOAP, LDAP
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
BI Tools: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS), Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Informatica Data Quality
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), QlikView, Crystal Reports
Source Control: Git, SVN, Collabnet TeamForge, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, StarTeam, Microsoft Visual SourceSafe
Office Tools: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Powerpoint
Other Tools: Wix Toolset
Senior .NET developer
- Programming in C# using the Windows forms and Windows Presentation Foundation graphical class libraries with a SQL Server back-end.
- Currently evaluating, programming, and testing a Winform demo application using the Black Ice Document Imaging SDK software to view and enhance bill of lading document TIFF images scanned by the drivers.
ConfidentialSenior .NET developer
- Establishing standards within our team involving database development.
- Developing and supporting solutions for the marketing intelligence and after sales teams for Confidential using a combination of SSIS, SQL, SSRS, and .NET solutions.
- Established myself as the lead of our team mentoring and providing direction.
- Researching methodologies and tools to possibly bring into our organization to improve the quality in our development effort.
- Successfully launched a major release that involves extracting Audi after sales core data (Customer, Projected Activity, Service Reminder, Declined Services, and Thank You), loading it into a staging database, performing validation, and then loading this data into the Audi dealer system. Did the 99% of the work putting together the tables, stored procedures, SSIS packages, views, and functions for this effort. This was a three-person project which I did entirely myself with some assistance from another team member with testing.
- Involved with a release loading, validating, and transforming VW after sales core data utilizing a combination of SSIS and PowerShell modules envisioning the eventual conversion the process entirely over to PowerShell to make it more flexible in terms of deployment on different server platforms.
Senior Programmer/Technical Lead
- Involved with creating an initial data warehouse design diagram in Visio and created DDL scripts in Microsoft T-SQL Server that generated tables, primary keys, and clustered and non-clustered indexes.
- Created an attribute mapping spreadsheet to all of the source systems to the data warehouse to assist the development team using extensive Microsoft T-SQL and Oracle PL/SQL queries that saved time and was able to get the project to be finished on schedule.
- Created a data dictionary for the tables and attributes in the data warehouse.
- Coded modules in VB.NET and C#, designed reports, and assisted fellow team members to track down issues to help developers implement their code on time within the Enterprise Services Asset Analytics (ESAA) web application.
- Came up with a solution to populate data into Excel workbooks for the financial reconciliation development team by contacting Microsoft to open a service ticket, retrieve the latest OLE DB driver updated on all of the servers, and come up with a method using WinZip to split and compress the results of the Excel workbooks to be able to access them through the web.
- Pinpointed errors and offered suggestions on improving performance during .NET, SQL, SSIS, and SQL Reporting Services code reviews as the standards technical leader and reviewer for our team.
- Involved in the development, testing, and support of Informatica Data Quality Plans (DQP) and QlikView dashboards involving the core data from the ESAA data warehouse and the qualifications and metrics generated by DQPs.
- Established as being a mentor assisting in any technical issues for development team involving DQPs and QlikView.
- Created common code modules using the QlikView scripting language that could be leveraged across all QlikView projects.
- Setup a technical handbook for the development team to setup and configure the application tools for development.
- Setup an administration handbook containing information such as server support contacts, logging incidents, Informatica DQPs job schedules through Tidal, and QlikView dashboard job schedules.
- Established a streamline automation process of transferring necessary data files from one server to a QlikView file server for our QlikView dashboards without manual intervention programmed in Microsoft PowerShell accessing the WinSCP .NET assembly.
- Worked with several Confidential server teams as the lead for maintaining support and functionality of Informatica DQPs and QlikView dashboards.
Senior Programmer/Technical Lead
- Involved with programming the core functionality of the lease reporting system using a combination of VB.NET, C#, and SSIS that allowed users to upload Confidential lease information using Excel templates that I designed into the internal Global Lease Management System (GLMS) ASP.NET web application.
- Applied the Confidential web template standards to the GLMS web application.
- Created a standard flow of SSIS packages for uploading third party and non third party lease information that was leveraged by other developers when developing the SSIS packages to upload asset, lease, contract, and PO data for the Confidential account.
- Created common SSIS packages for uploading lease information into GLMS.
- Created a number of reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Created a common module in VB.NET to encrypt passwords in the GLMS ASP.NET web application that was leveraged by other developers to be used in the development of other internal web applications supporting the Confidential account.
- Created a common module for application security in VB.NET that used the .NET Directory Services in making LDAP calls to the Confidential directory to verify a user’s identity based on the corporate ID used to logon to the application. This was also leveraged by other developers on our team.
- Involved with programming a combination of stored procedures in Microsoft T-SQL and SSIS packages that retrieved Confidential lease and purchase order information related to non-trackable assets (i.e. assets with no identification such as a serial number) and sent this to a server where Confidential is able to retrieve and analyze this data. This was a successful effort in giving Confidential the ability to analyze asset data that had no identification and allowed them to follow up on these issues to get them resolved.
- Involved with development of creating a streamlined process using T-SQL stored procedures and SSIS packages that will extract Confidential and Confidential internal asset, lease, and purchase order information indicating whether they are to be created, updated, or deleted from the corporate GAA system that Confidential interfaces with. This allowed an automated streamlined process to reflect the changes made on the Confidential system over to the corporate Confidential GAA system.
- Involved with the re-design of a T-SQL stored procedure assigning lease information in GLMS to the correct client purchase orders which was a major accomplishment in approving Confidential ’s confidence with our account
- Became an architect creating and updating data models and creating T-SQL DDL scripts within the ABM account around October 2011 with leading in technical assistance with a variety of the projects within our organization.
- Involved in establishing requirements, programming SSIS packages, and assisting fellow developers with the implementation of the Opsware and Radia asset feeds for EGAM.
- Involved with decommissioning the eInventory and measuring the impact of other Confidential applications.
Confidential, Troy, Michigan
- Programmed functionality using Visual Basic, provided development support, and developed the implementation plan for the Accounting & Reporting System (AIRS) Release 1.1.
- Involved with migration of billing data using Visual Basic for Application scripting and Access queries for sites using AIRS to an Confidential Financial required Excel formatted spreadsheet.
- Developed a web application using Active Server Pages and VBScript client side code called TRIPS to track information and status on various Confidential projects.
- Updated and supported the SAP issues website programming in Active Server Pages and VBScript.
- Assisted in the implementation of application security module and developed a process to validate financial data within the Global Consolidation Billing Management Reporting (GCBMR) web application using Active Server Pages.
- Selected by database administrators to evaluate SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for our organization establishing development and deployment for our development team.
- Participated in the team effort that involved consolidating critical financial data from a number of spreadsheets files into a web application using a combination of Data Transformation Service packages and SSIS packages for reporting purposes.
- Assisted with the development and production support of the eROM (Electronic Revenue Outlook Management) ASP.NET web application using VB.NET, C#, Oracle PL/SQL, and Crystal Reports. Applied the initiative to research and resolve a number of application issues which established a strong rapport with the user base to the point where they contacted me directly with their questions.
- Primary developer and support for a data feed process that would take eROM opportunity data and place it in a formatted text file to be uploaded to the corporate S-Force web application. This involved creating Oracle stored procedures, functions, and referencing a pre-programmed package in Oracle to create the character separated text file that was sent to be uploaded into the S-Force web application. This was a major successful effort which had high exposure within Confidential where our former CEO Dick Brown was a frequent user in the S-Force web application.
- Evaluated, tested, and implemented SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services with help from members of the CIO infrastructure and DBA teams.
- Successfully re-engineered the CID II report from Crystal Reports to SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services.
- Created, tested, and implemented a .NET console application that promotes reports to the SQL Server 2000 Reporting Service database.
- Wrote up test cases and assisted in the development of Excel applications using Visual Basic Applications scripting.
- Developed, tested, and implemented an ASP.NET web application for the Application Engineering Toolkit (AET) group to perform billing purposes for users that use the AET suite of applications.
- Developed most of the core functionality for the eRequest and SAP eRequest ASP.NET web applications using VB.NET and C#.