Nineteen years of software engineering and development experience with sixteen years focusing support in Missile Defense, Future Combat Systems, and Intelligence operations. Background includes Object Oriented Programming, Object Oriented Design, and Design pattern usage with demonstrated ability using C++, C#, and Python. Confident in conducting both Subject Matter Expert and Goal Directed Task Analysis interviews for requirements gathering. Excel in an Agile engineering environment.
OS: Windows, Linux
Programming Languages: C++, C#, Java, Python, Scala, .NET Core 2.2 and 3.1 Framework
Web Development: ASP.NET 2.0/3.5/4, Angular, MVC, NHibernate
Mobile Development: C#, ADO.NET
Code Repositories: Git, Subversion, Maven
Database environments: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012 , Oracle, Access, Apache Fuseki
Database experience: Graph Database, SPARQL, PL/SQL, MSSQL, packages, functions, stored procedures, triggers, queries, and DTS.
Application software: Vim editor, Clearcase, Rational Rose, VMWare, Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010 , MS SQL Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer, Eclipse, TOAD, Crystal Reports, MS Office Suite, KEAMS enterprise system, CounterPoint, and OnGuard
Hardware support: Telemetry systems, Biometrics, and smart cards.
Confidential, Huntsville, AL
Software Engineering Manager
- Designed and developed both PARSE and LeaseController TM System Interface Service to process client lease and accounting data as a value - added component to eliminate manual analysis and automate processing of regulatory leasing data.
- Manage a distributed team through Agile development.
- Consulting clients and advising strategies to meet deliverables according to milestones with the good, better, and best approaches.
- Provide advice and bridged technical gap for stakeholders. Often client facing and attending high-level meetings.
Technical environment: .NET, C#, Angular, TypeScript, MSSQL, VSTS, SSH key authentication, PGP file encryption, and sFTP transfer protocol.
Senior Software Security Engineer
- Designed, built, and matured a proof of concept for both software and systems for aggregating unstructured and structured open and closed source data through an unattributed custom automation collection for our Cyber Reconnaissance and Data Analytics market offering that projects $200 million revenue over the next five years.
- Lead, develop, and train new software engineers with project spin-up as they rolled onto Cyber Recon development.
Technical environment: Java, Python, RDF, N-Triples, SPARQL, SPARK, Scala bindings, Graph Database, Cray Systems, Linux, AWS, Proxies, Cytoscape, JQUERY, and other technologies.
Software Engineering Lead
- Manage software development team by providing both technical leadership and mentorship.
- Develop, design and implement, within a .NET Framework and SQL databases, automated tools for all Portal customers.
- Provide software related advice and consultation to supported Confidential or IC organizations on the use of commercial and unique software programs associated with administrative, technical mission data management, and dissemination of information.
- Conduct analyses, design, code, testing, and documentation of software enhancements to existing software baselines running on military command and control systems, defense communications, and complex intelligence systems.
- Perform in-depth studies, trend evaluations, statistical analysis, and computer hardware/ software vendor evaluations relating to supported or future systems and architectures, as required by the customer.
- Provide full life cycle software development support for Joint Detainee Information Management System.
- Interface with the customer to provide support from initial requirements gathering all the way through client acceptance.
- Help mentor and assist junior developers on the team.
- Thorough understanding in agile software development methodologies, SOLID software principles, and sound engineering practices.
- Write detailed and consistent documentation for modeling JDIMs business objects and workflows supporting the intelligence community.
- Work cohesively with the Miami team and developed the Ft. Huachuca HUMINT training toolkit.
- BATS to JDIMs integration plan and Habeas to CIA Eagle system handover plan.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Software engineering for Future Combat Systems (FCS) Warfighter Machine Interface System (WMIS).
- Manage project through life cycle development. Develop both C++ and Java concurrently for WMIS presentation path for channel control services, WMIS client proxy, and WMIS subscription service (WSS) client proxy. Quickly resolve process change requests (PCRs) defined by customer.
- Design and implementation of test harness, example services, and unit tests for WMIS presentation path.
- Interface and implementation of SOSCOE (Systems of Systems Common Operating Environment) API.
- Write test description documents defined by contract requirements.
- Follow Agile software development methodologies.
- Travel to various Army bases and conduct both Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Goal Directed Task Analysis (GDTA) interviews for Associate based system requirements gathering.
- Knowledge design and implementation of UAV route planning, RSTA troop command, and lethal effects for the Warfighter Associate.
Accompanied Contract Programmer Analyst
- Retail Point of Sale system servers, workstations, and registers. Provides technical and customer support services, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, documentation, training, and reporting. MS SQL 2000 development utilizing tables, views, functions, triggers, stored procedures, and DTS packages for replication notification via CDOSYS solution, data cleansing, and Crystal Reports. Pocket PC mobile application development for inventory solution between MS SQL 2000 and SQL Mobile 2005 using merged replication modeling.
- Intranet development using Visual Studio 2005, ASP.NET 2.0, C#, and MS SQL 2000.
- Oracle PL/SQL development for interface between Mincom Ellipse ERP and OnGuard Electronic Badging System. EBS technical contact, biometric hardware support, Crystal Reports designer, and modification consultation.
- Manages project task through systems life cycle development from initiation, through requirements, development, testing, implementation, maintenance and retirement.
- Common off-the-shelf - COTS package and product recommendation, product integration, configuration, and setup.
- Participated in task force and project teams; provided expert advice and support for requirement analysis, short and long range planning and other informational system studies.
- Programmed algorithms and data conversion in C++ that interface with COTS software via user defined functions. Gathered, documented, and implemented data requirements for decommutation according to engineering specifications for frame synchronization and embedded asynchronous data stream. Designed client/server MFC/C++ application incorporating multithreading and UDP. Provided maintenance of MFC/C++ multicast application used to display real-time data stream for TBSP system. Acted as primary troubleshooter for mission critical software and hardware issues related to TBSP system
- Provided support for IFT 13C, IFT 14, GT and Space X missions.
- Interim Test Director for Kwajalein Missile Impact Scoring System and related sensor activities.
Confidential, Huntsville, Alabama
- Programming role as part of full software development project for City’s Inspection Department that included both desktop and mobile e-commerce solutions. Coded POS transaction component implementing credit card validation and authorization using SkipJack C++ API and designed reports component.
- MS SQL 2000 development utilizing tables, views, functions, triggers, stored procedures, and DTS packages in support of Business Logic Objects, data cleansing, and Crystal Reports
- Reviewed, evaluated, and implemented data migration from legacy enterprise system to new enterprise Asset Management system back ended by MS SQL 2000.
- End-user technical documentation development, beta testing, project management, training, and support.