- Over 25 years of experience providing technical solutions to meet business needs; proven record of analyzing, developing, implementing, and maintaining management information systems for a wide range of industries: government, non - profit, financial, health care, manufacturing, education, e-commerce, transportation, and pharmaceuticals; expert in data architecture, including the establishment of data standards and governance, data analysis and modeling of application databases, data marts, and data warehouses, with extensive experience creating their related ETL processes, data integrations, and reporting systems, on a wide variety of platforms
- Practiced in Application Architecture, Data Management solution design and an experienced implementer, at every level and position, from Developer to Program Manager, spanning the complete development life cycle on multiple platforms.
- Enterprise Information Strategic Planning - conception to execution
- Enterprise System Analysis, Planning, and Road Mapping
- Gather Requirements (meeting with stakeholders to determine the business’s application and data needs)
- Business Process and Workflow Analysis (using human workflow combined with database and application technologies to drive process improvement)
- Logical and Physical Data Modeling for Applications, Operational Data Stores, Data Marts, and Data Warehouses.
- Project Planning (developing work and assignment schedules for technical team members in Microsoft Project)
- Documentation (business requirements, technical requirements, application and data workflows, use cases, and test plans)
- Standardization of data, process and coding for database and application development at a team, department and enterprise levels
- Database, Application, and Network Capacity Planning
- Business Risk Assessment
- Disaster Recovery (Planning, Development, Implementation, Validation, and Execution)
- Logical and Physical Data Modeling for Application, Data Marts, and Data Warehouse Databases
Complete Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence Stack 6.5 - Azure (T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSMDS, SSMDQS, DTS, SSRS, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Jobs, Replication, User Defined Functions, and Security Modeling)
Amazon Red Shift
Oracle (PL/SQL, Triggers, Stored Procedures and Packages)
Informatica 9.6.1 - 10
Microsoft C# .Net
Microsoft Visual Basic 3 - .Net
Microsoft Windows 3.1 - Server (Current)
Microsoft Visual Interdev, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft BizTalk, ERwin, BitHub, TOAD for Oracle, Agile Development, Tomcat, QNXT, uPortal, Certified PeopleSoft Administrator, ITIL Foundations Certified, Certified Sales Force Administrator
Enterprise Architect / Data Manager
- I am now consulting on several projects as an Independent Consultant to provide information and application solutions to corporations and non-profit organizations.
- My focus is primarily platform agnostics. Instead of promoting any specific technology, I am focusing on delivering the best platform, solution, and practices that will deliver the right information to the right actors, at the right time, all to facilitate the best business decisions, and helping all parties achieve their IT and business outcomes.
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
Enterprise Information Architect
- Confidential bought me in to do a deep analysis of their current ETL processes, propose an architecture to be uniformly applied across all their ETL processes, and to refactor/rebuild their processes to conform to that standardized development architecture, practices, technologies, and methodologies.
- The resulting solution used an SOA architecture to enable the importation of data from five different data sources (On-Prem (SQL & Oracle), Cloud (Azure SQLk, Amazon RedShift, & Oracle), and Web Services including Microsoft Dynamics and AWS. The data was funneled through unified Landing, Cleaning, Staging, Quality Control, Draft and Publishing procedures to populate their Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Capturing and maintaining Technical Metadata was critical the dynamic components that handled every aspect of the data moving, cleaning, and transformation.
- The data movement engine built its own executable code based on the metadata, ensuring code consistency and optimize maintainability.
- Technologies included: SQL Server 12 - Azure, Amazon RedShift, Oracle 12, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, C#, and Golden Gate
Confidential, Hammond, LA
- Confidential, an insurance claims processing company and specializes in disaster response.
- They were growing very rapidly through acquisition.
- The acquisitions posed challenges in the realm of data and system consolidation.
- My role was to analyze the existing systems, data, and business requirements and propose options for consolidation.
- My deliverables were multiple road maps, each with projected timelines and costs.
Global Enterprise Data Architect
- I lead the Data sector of the Global Enterprise Architectur Office. Along with establishing the Enterprise standards, my role was to lead the Joint Information Architect group.
- This group is an incubation center used by executives to bring the latest technologies, principles, patterns and methodologies into the Confidential organization and integrate them into ongoing technology projects across the organization.
- I ran their Meta Data Management program as part of their larger Enterprise Information and Platforms group.
- A regular part of my work with Confidential was to participate in the Architectural Reviews of all IT projects at Confidential that are deemed to have an enterprise scope.
- I also architected standard enterprise services to deliver data archival and retention along with maturing their Enterprise Master Data offerings and standing up an Enterprise Mastered Metadata Environment and services.
Enterprise Data Architect / Developer / DBA / Analyst
Confidential, Las Vegas, NV
- As an Enterprise Data Architect, MGM engaged me to evaluate their existing data architecture, suggest architectural changes and to prototype one business process as a proof of concept.
- I then mentored MGM’s staff to take over supporting the prototype and to implement new business processes, based on the new architecture, so they can continue after my contract had run to term.
Technologies included: SQL Server 2012, Oracle 11, Teradata, Data Stage, Golden Gate, SSIS, SSRS, C# and Cognos.