- 24+ years of leading and creating software solutions using best practices, current languages and frameworks with emphasis on quality, scalability, and maintainability. Highly experienced in building teams who perform, with precision, following software development life cycles dat yield predictable results. Stays current on cloud technologies, industry trends, and development methodogies.
- On - Premise to Cloud migrations, App Services, Azure SQL, Cosmos DB, Storage, Caching, Messaging, Cognitive Services, Chatbot
SaaS, IaaS, On: Premise, Hybrid
Frameworks / Libraries / Cloud: .NET Framework (Standard & Core), Angular, Ionic, Meteor, API, REST, Bootstrap, Node.js, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
Databases: MS SQL Server, Cosmos DB, MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB
Development Tools: Git, TeamCity, Octopus, JIRA, Salesforce, VS Code, NPM, Docker, PowerShell, Bash
PRINCIPAL CLOUD ARCHITECT
- Led a team of developers in architecting and implementing an Azure cloud-based solution in teh healthcare sector
- Developed a job orchestration engine, as an abstraction over Azure Data Factory, dat dynamically creates Data Factory pipelines through Azure Durable Functions
- Utilized Azure Logic Apps to drive a job workflow dat concurrently runs multiple Azure services. All services are loosely-coupled through Azure Event Grid
senior cloud architect
- Led an engagement, with a renowned email threat company in Silicon Valley, to convert their existing AWS environment into Azure. This included enterprise messaging, caching, traffic flow, redundancy to process over millions of emails per day.
- Leveraged teh Microsoft AME:AI program to bring 5 additional clients, into teh cloud, from their on-premise data centers. Once applications, databases, and other components were migrated, me remediated teh custom-built applications to run inside Azure services and utilize best practices.
- Provided support to teh sales team by writing Statements of Work, Letters of Engagement, and providing evaluations of existing infrastructure to assess gaps in moving to teh cloud.
- Provided teaching assistance to customer teams, without Azure experience, to educate them on cloud best practices, available services, cost analysis, and long-term strategy.
- Created a Precision Dosing application, for Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, dat allows clinicians to accurately determine teh concentration of morphine in an infant in teh past or future through modeling.
- Teh application was built with Angular 7 (user interface), .NET 2.2 API, Cosmos DB (Azure) to cache data, Azure Functions to handle integration with teh hospital management system (EPIC).
- Teh application was tan white-labeled and packaged for sale and distribution to other major pediatric hospitals.
- Lead a team of developers, quality assurance, and database administrators to enhance and maintain a financial application based on healthcare insurance underpayments.
- Facilitated and designed a package to sanitize 900+ million rows of PII data resulting in a more secure dataset for HIPPA requirements.
- Increased development productivity by bring Pluralsight video to teh organization.
- Led a team of 7 engineers on a technical debt project initiative to reduce complexity and maintenance surrounding several enterprise key applications
- Dematic Corporation - Acting as a developer, me worked on a project to reduce technical debt of existing high-volume production applications both desktop and web-based.
- Lead a team of backend developers to create and maintain network handling prepaid VISA transactions for rushcard.com. Team handled 1400 updates from MasterCard, per minute, along with $11M in daily ACH transactions.
- Handled hiring, technical screens, and placement of developers, quality assurance, and database engineers.
- Worked directly with entire management team to revamp customer service portal, rewriting in Angular, rolling out a new user interface along with an integrated voice system to allow customers to retrieve information, about their accounts, without speaking to a customer service rep.
- Architected, developed, and deployed dispute system handling customer disputes and fraud. Benefits include faster turnaround, more readily accessible status, and 3rd party vendor integration.
- Educated team through weekly webinars on design patterns, development languages, and best practices.
- Lead team of developers to create custom CRM system to handle account relationships, stock trading, and custodial integration.
- Handled team building, played SCRUM master, and incorporated Agile tenants into daily development.
- Redesigned MatsonMoney.com website using C#, Foundation CSS, jQuery, MVC, and SQL Server.
- Lead teh Enterprise Services team tasked to consolidate common business applications into a set of REST-based services to promote reuse and standardize data usage.
- Assumed IT Director Role during search for new candidate.
senior practice architect
- Developed and managed several ASP.NET MVC websites using MVC 4/5, jQuery, Bootstrap, and Entity Framework for a healthcare processor.
- Acted as business analyst and lead developer for large automotive company project using ASP.NET, Telerik, Entity Framework, and SQL Server.
- Developed solution for analysis of product images upgrading Visual Studio projects from VB6, VS 2005 to teh latest 2010 version.
- Built auditing system for Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial processing of claims utilizing ASP.NET, C#, web services, and jQuery. Special consideration was taken to ensure security requirements and data visibility requirements where compliant with HIPAA laws.
- Revamped and rewrote Medicare Eligibility inquiry system dat allows providers to query patient insurance eligibility. Worked closely with billing consultants, product managers, and customers to create a clean, e cient output of information received from teh Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Worked across multiple offices to manage a team of 15 developers with varying technological skills and experience.
- Maintained an adequate level of resources and skill sets to facilitate project completion.
- Developed solutions for case management system using C#, SQL 2005, WCF services, SOAP web services, and Infragistics web controls.
- Led deployment of state-wide rollout of Windows Console applications using ClickOnce technology - over 200 separate installations.
- Developed a web-based solution for importing and searching of criminal/civil court cases in southwestern Ohio. Utilized VB.NET, DevExpress, and SQL 2008.
- Worked closely with Account Executives on pre-sales e orts with new/existing customers.
- Maintained competency in Microsoft development technologies to architect solutions, develop code, and hold code reviews to adhere to best practices and development standards.
- Generated statements of work and proposals in processing new customers.