- Personable, dependable, articulate, and multi - task-oriented IT Programmer wif 20 years of demonstrated programming experience in several languages.
- Known for solid interpersonal skills, problem solving, the ability to work independently, and working effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Takes initiative and enjoys intellectual and creative challenges. Strong listening, verbal, and written communication, as well as efficient time management skills.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Learned a variety of highly complex mainframe tools in maintaining a large number of programs written for a mainframe environment for the life and critical illness insurance industry.
- me transferred to a department dat used a combination of Mainframe and Windows tools to interact wif a Websphere/JAVA frontend connecting to a DB2 database backend on windows servers. dis used an annuity and pension management system wmA (Wealth Management System) dat exchanged both input and output from several other systems in the enterprise. me helped organize all the various pieces of the system we maintained in order to better estimate costs and efforts to make changes for new annuity or pension products.
- Taken on some projects writing C# programs for a windows environment in contrast to writing for a web environment as was used in my previous position
Languages/Platforms/Tools/Methods used: COBOL, C#.NET, MS Visual Studios 2012, MS SQL Server 2012,IBM z/OS Mainframe, JCL, TSO, ISPF, Xpeditor, File-Aid, Compuware Workbench, Changeman, Comparex, Eztreive Plus, CICS, ESP, Micro Focus Net Express, IBM DB2, Websphere, JAVA, Informatica, XML, Microsoft Access, MS Outlook, MS Visio, MS Word and MS-DOS Batch Scripting.
Confidential, Dayton, OH
COBOL Senior Programmer
- Designed and programmed a new graphical menu (GUI) system for the company’s character-based menu on its TEMPprincipal software application product. dis menu was special in dat it would present to the user in an appropriate size, depending on the workstation’s screen resolution. dis helped restore confidence in Confidential ’s client base dat the company is upgrading its product for the market’s ever-changing hardware and operating systems.
- Originally hired as a Technical Support Lead, soon me learned COBOL programming on the job and through a college class.
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
- Implemented the use of three accounting modules; inventory, estimating, and job cost for the manufacturing company. dis allowed the company to align its product pricing to be profitable on everything it sold, not just on some items.
- Took over as Controller when the company went into Bankruptcy proceedings and managed the accounting operations through the difficult years until it exited Bankruptcy.
Confidential, Trussville, AL
Technical Support/Full-Charge Bookkeeper
- Provide telephone customer support and on-site technical assistance wif regard to accounting software sold by our company. Demonstrated and trained customers on software provided by the firm. Expanded my noledge of accounting from simply producing Financial Statements to being a Full-Charge Bookkeeper.
- Taking on the internal bookkeeping and the client accounting system support responsibilities dat the owner previously handled freed him to sell his company’s services as a computer Value-Added Reseller and as a telephone systems support firm.
Confidential, South Holland, IL
Accounting Staff September
- Met wif clients to collect necessary information to produce financial statements, e.g., check registers, deposit tickets, and bank statements. Entered financial details into the company’s General Ledger financial statement program. Reviewed financial statements for accuracy and reconciled to available documents, such as bank statements.