Over 7 Plus years of hands on experience in SoftwareQuality Assurance with Bachelor of Business Administration BBA and diversified experience in Automated, Manual, Functional, Performance testing of Web and Client/Server applications on UNIX /Windows environment to secure a position of Software Test Engineer/ Quality Assurance Analyst.
- Experience in defining detailed application software test plans, including organization, participation, scheduling test and application coverage scope.
- Experience in gathering and defining functional and user interface requirements for software applications.
- Strong analytical experience in developing detailed business level test scenarios and individual test events and scripts based on functional and business requirements.
- Experience in developing detailed design level test scenarios and individual test events and scripts based on multiple user groups and detailed user interface design requirements.
- Experience in developing, reviewing and managing requirements traceability requirements, application components, test cases, test case execution results .
- Experience in defining and executing test data acquisition, including production data set selection and extraction and test data generation, as well as manual data preparation.
- Experience in CMMI level 3 software development environment.
- Strong Experience in automated software testing including Regression/Functional testing, user interface design testing, and Performance, stress and load testing.
- Experience in developing and executing SQL queries in an Oracle environment to confirm database operations performed by software applications using Oracle 9g, 10g, 11g.
- Used TOAD to check SQL queries for optimal performance and scalability under real-time workloads.
- Experienced in web service testing using SoapUI.
- Ability to triage software defects providing development staff with adequate information for remediation.
- Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events as wells as adjust decisions and actions to new information.
- Able to be flexible in response to changing circumstances or conditions.
- Experience with planning, implementing, and testing mission critical information systems employing Web Services and built on Internet architecture principles.
- Possess strong listening, verbal, attention to detail, and written communication skills.
HP ALM/QC, Quick Test Professional QTP / HP Unified Functional Testing UFT , TOAD, JIRA, SoapUI, Clear Quest.
Visual Basic, C , C , Java, J2EE, PL/SQL, HTML, VB Script, XML.
UNIX, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7 8.
MS SQL Server 2005/2008, Oracle10g, 11g, MS Access
MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, MS Works, and Outlook, MS Visio.
PROFESSIONAL JOB EXPERIENCE:
Job Title: Software Automation Test Engineer
Environment:Windows Server 2003, 2005, Java, Java Script, HTML, UNIX, SQL, Oracle 11g, TOAD, IIS, HP ALM/QC, HP QTP/ HP Unified Functional Testing UFT .SoapUI
- Developed test plan and test cases for different modules.
- Executed test cases manually, logged defects using HP ALM.
- Responsibilities included Manual GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Interface Testing, End-to-End Testing, Database Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Client Application Testing, Web based Application Performance, Stress, Volume and Load testing of the system.
- Expertise on assigning the Test Cases to the Test Sets in Application Lifecycle Management ALM .
- Experienced with assigning the Requirements to the Test Cases inHP Application Lifecycle Management ALM .
- Worked on Logging bugs in theHP ALM tracking tool.
- Reported the bugs, Email notifications to the developers using the HP ALM and Monitored.
- Analyzed the Discrepancies, severity, tracking system and reporting through HP ALM.
- Experienced in web service testing using SoapUI
- Automated the functionality and interface testing of the application using HP Unified Functional Testing UFT .
- Insert Object Data Verification Check point onHP Unified Functional Testing UFT automation testing tools.
- Verify Back end Data using ODBCafter interacted with front-end using Automation Test scripts.
- Used HP Unified Functional Testing UFT for Shared Object repository creation and maintenance, used regular expression, re-usable actions, data table, checkpoints and recovery scenario.
- Created XML file to store test data for Regression test suites to reduce scripts maintenance time by using HP Unified Functional Testing UFT .
- Imported data from the Database to the Data table and performed Data Driven testing with different Data sets for reports generation module in HP Unified Functional Testing UFT .
- Lead brainstorming sessions to identify key testing concerns and prevent insufficiently broad testing.
- Developed and documented effective test procedures, which effectively directed other's work.
- Created Driver Script using VB Script to execute HP Unified Functional Testing UFT application automatically and run number of automated scripts simultaneously.
Job Title: Software Test Analyst
Environment: Windows Server, Java, Java Script, HTML, UNIX, SQL, TOAD, Oracle 11g, IIS, HP Quick Test Professional QTP , HP Quality Center QC ,Clear Quest
- Involved in preparing Test Plan and Test cases.
- Developed test cases for automation testing.
- Conducted functional, regression, black box and system testing.
- Performedpositive and negative testing against requirements.
- Ran SQL queriesforbackend testing.
- Reported bugs found during test using Quality Center.
- Reviewedfunctional design for internal product documentation.
- Used Quality Center for requirements management, planning, scheduling, running tests, defect tracking and managing the defects.
- Analyzed, tested, and certified application-specific software and performed ambiguity reviews of business requirements and functional specification documents.
- Developed test scripts to test the functionality of the application using QTP..
- Generated various graphs like Transaction summary graph, Vuser graphs in LoadRunner Analysis and reported the results.
- Provided test results, graphs, and analysis of application performance data by email or phone during testing to the application developer and manager.
- Implemented Automated-testing methodology such as Data Driven Testing, Key Word Driven Testing methods.
- Created and executed regression scripts using QuickTest Professional.
- Inserted various check points, parameterized the test scripts, and performed regular expression on scripts.
- Created reusable user-defined functions using VB Scripts to perform a specific task like clicking on button or a Link.
- Documented tests bugs in Quality Center.
- Also tested the modules on the application by Manual Testing and data validation using SQL queries.
- Created VuGen scripts by using Virtual User generator for Component test, Stress test and Volume test.
- Parameterized unique IDs and stored dynamiccontent in variables and paired the values to web submits under http protocols.
- Performed manual and auto correlation to handle error due to dynamic contents.
- Created LoadRunner Scenario using Controller and executed scenario to verify applications performance under various load.
- Measured Response time at sub transaction levels at web, App servers and database server levels.
- Analyzed Load test results generated reports and provided to my technical lead.
Job Title: QA Analyst
Environment: Windows Server, Java, Java Script, HTML, UNIX, SQL, TOAD, Oracle, IIS, HP Quality Center QC , JIRA
- Analyzed the business requirements and involved in the review discussions.
- Participated in high level design sessions.
- Participated in the QA activities for various releases in the Project.
- Drafted test cases based on Functional Specifications and System Specifications.
- Prepared Test Plan and Requirement Traceability Matrix RTM to establish traceability between requirements and test cases.
- Involved in Manual Testing of the application for Negative and Positive scenarios.
- Performed System and Integration Testing.
- Used SoapUI for webservice testing.
- Detected, reported and classified bugs in HP Quality Center.
- Performed the Regression Testing to make sure that the bug has been fixed and the application was running properly.
- Extensively involved in executing, analyzing and verifying test results and worked with developers to resolve issues.
- Communicated project business issues to appropriate business leadership groups.
- Mentored the team members with business functionality.
- Wrote SQL statements to extract Data and verified the output Data of the reports.
- Modified and maintained test cases due to changes in the requirements.
- Used Quality Centerfor managing test execution and defect tracking of all issues.
- Participated in internal and external reviews as well as formal walkthroughs and status meetings.