Technical Management: Successful technical management, technical leadership and mentoring, technical architecture, and lead development.
Software Development: Over a decade of experience designing, developing, and ensuring the quality of advanced, mission-critical n-tier software systems, primarily using ASP.NET.
Primary Current Technical Skillset:
- Excellent hands-on development and team leadership skills using the following tools among others:
- Microsoft .NET Framework Versions 1.1 obsolete , 2.0 4.0 advanced. About 10 years of high level experience . Business and mid-tier logic via ASP.NET and WCF using both SOAP and REST SOA communication techniques.
- C About 10 years of experience.
- VB.NET About 4 years experience.
- Database Programming: Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL Versions 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, and SQL Azure 11 years experience . Oracle PL/SQL 3 years experience. Stored procedures, triggers, query optimization in both environments. Database design and tuning 10 years experience.
- Crystal Reports Versions 9-11 XI 3 years experience with Visual Studio integrated and standalone editions.
- Experience with the Visual Studio IDE, through Version 2012, using every edition including the full VSTS Suite with Team Foundation Server.
Design Experience: Extensive experience in system design and architecture in addition to development, performing usability analysis, encryption and other techniques for secure transaction processing, interface design, business object model design utilizing Separation of Concerns e.g., Presentation from Business Logic , n-tier architectures, REST, highly scalable/reliable systems, numerous Design Patterns.
Databases: Extensive RDBMS programming, design, and performance tuning experience, including MS SQL Server 2000 2008 including T-SQL, Triggers, DTS/SSIS, Reporting Services, Analysis Services , Oracle PL/SQL, Triggers , DB2, and MySQL. Also OLAP techniques e.g., cube design, MD querying, BI architecture best practices , data warehouse design and workflow principles, ETL tool experience.
Methodologies: Strong Object-Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming, with emphasis on component reuse and design pattern implementation. Primary methodologies and disciplines include MSF, UML usage, Agile methods, Scrum, XP, RAD, Architecture Patterns, SEI CMMI, GUI Design and User Experience, Automated Testing.
Senior Software Engineer
Very short term project to assist in implementing simultaneous beta testing of ASP.NET software and production use of legacy ASP systems, and provide consultation on software architecture/standards and refactoring strategies.
Worked in the Software Automation Factory/Visual Processing/Parallel Processing group enhancing and maintaining driver kit building and assembly. Participated in OO Design and Development using .NET 4.0/C , SQL Server 2008 T-SQL , and other technologies using agile methodologies. Helped define/design the next-generation SOA REST on WCF architecture by which Intel can assemble and distribute drivers for their market-leading chipsets to OEM's, Microsoft Windows Hardware Quality Labs, or WHQL , and other industry participants.
Taught courses in computer programming using C and introductory game design using the Microsoft XNA Framework.
Consulted on the conversion of a sales and billing system between the Classic ASP and ASP.NET environments using VB.NET
Senior Software Engineer
Developed a .Net 2.0 Windows Forms based application to provide automated construction supervision and scheduling capabilities for field supervisory staff, using VB.NET 2005, SQL Server, Gantt charting tools, and DevExpress add-ins for .NET 2.0. Leveraged past experience managing and developing the far more extensive and award-winning FieldManager software in this effort. 1