- Windows XP, 2000, 95, Office
- Backing up and migration of user data and profiles from old to new PC desktops and laptops
- Mapping computer name of old PC to new PC and copying data files
- Copy user data and profile from old PC to new PC via network cable connected to switch or direct between PCs
- Completion of inventory paperwork on migrating PC
- Install and configuration of IBM AS400 emulator software
- Configuration of various value added software packages on end user PCs
- Basic use of Active Directory to manage user accounts
- Mapping network drives and printers for end users
- Microsoft Office Professional
- Configuring Lotus Notes on newly deployed PCs
- Configuring Microsoft Outlook on PCs for Outlook users
- Tracking user requests to completion
- Use of Ghost to image PCs and Laptops
- Familiar with dealing with a large customer user base
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP
- A training course from New Horizons
- Have worked in large industrial settings with proper awareness to safety
- Contract position preforming Windows XP to Windows 7 operating system migration at Ally Financial Corp. sites
- Receive user laptops and desktops
- Backup user data
- Windows 7 operating system push to computers
- Restore and validate user data, email, and applications
- Contract assignment at various Ford Motor Co. sites configuring and deploying VOIP telephones.
- Perform customer site survey.
- Assign MAC addresses from VoIP phones to given users in Excel spreadsheet by using hand held bar code scanner. This sped up the process and increased accuracy of MAC addresses entered as well.
- Verify VoIP phones come up with proper identity prior to deployment day for a given site.
- Deploy phones and retrieve previous VoIP phone from users at deployment sites.
- Gather VoIP phones that have come off lease and package for return to Cisco.
- PC refresh project at various Ford Motor Co. sites including user data migration and deployment and configuration of new Windows 7 PC hardware. Mapping of user printers, installation of value add software, and configuration.
- Electronic inventory of old and new PC hardware.
- Contract position assessing desktop and laptop PCs prior to migration from Novell GroupWise to Outlook 2007 for email system
- Upgrading PCs with XP service Pack 1 to Service Pack 2
- Verify SMS installed and running on all desktop PCs prior to migration
- Updating host naming convention on visited PCs during assessment
- Installing Outlook 2007 on user desktops on migration dates and visiting with individual users
- Familiarize users with Calendar Sharing and Calendar Proxy process for those with Outlook 2007 full client installed on desktop.
- Contract assignment for Henkel Corporation imaging and deploying desktop and laptop PCs at various Henkel locations in the U.S. and Canada.
- Backing up and migration of user data and profiles from old to new PC hardware
- Completion of inventory control paperwork for newly deployed PCs
- Installing base Windows XP Professional image on desktop and laptop PCs
- Installing application software on desktop and laptop PCs including IBM AS400 emulator software
- Travel to various Henkel Corp. locations through out the U.S. and Canada to deploy and setup desktop and laptop PCs.
- Configuring various value added software packages on end user PCs
Contract assignment system administrator through Teksystems
- Lan Administration
- PC Desktop Support
- Use of Active Directory to manage user accounts
- Operation of backup tape software for servers
- Support of Wireless access points
- Deployment and refreshes of PC desktops and laptops
- Contract assignment at various Ford Motor Co. sites deploying VOIP telephones.
- Contract assignment with BestBuy, Toledo, OH installing POS cash register Windows XP PCs at a new store location.
- Deployment and configuration of new PCs and laptops for Ford Motor Company at various Metro Detroit, MI sites.
- Contract assignment with EDS assisting with deployment of new laptop PCs and desktop PCs in Detroit, MI area and at GM Wilmington, DE assembly plant.
- Backup and restore of user data.
- Use of Active Directory to manage user accounts
- Mapping of network drives and printers.
- Configuration of new laptops and desktops.
- Complete necessary paperwork and data base updates for new and old equipment.
- PC Support
- PC Desktop Support for car dealerships in the metro Detroit, MI area.
- Reconfiguration of Windows 2000 desktops and peripheral support.
- Installation of new hardware and reassignment of existing hardware for Windows 95/98/2000 users at General Motors Headquarters at the Renaissance Center in Detroit, MI
- Configuration of hardware, software and peripherals for Windows 9x users including mapping of network printers and shared drives
- Interfaced with various technical internal groups while deploying user equipment
- Briefed new users on hardware, network and software configuration
- Instruction of PC internal classes on Microsoft Excel, Lotus 1-2-3 and Word
- Daily interaction with end users and customer contacts both internal to EDS and General Motors
- Monitored and updated online work queue for work assignments in progress and completed
- Use of NW Admin utility to check on users' rights on the network
- Team lead for various upgrades of Coe, Consistent Office Environment desktop build on GM PC desktops
- Install build image on Macintosh computers for GM International/Human Resources
- Install software updates/patches and value add software on Macintosh computers for GM International/Human Resources
- Operate backup software for Macintosh users for incremental and full backups including restoring files for users upon request
- Sales of IBM and Apple Personal computers and peripherals
- Management of daily store operation and inventory