- Developing experience of client/server architectural applications as well as n-tiered applications.
- Excellent working experience in .NET Framework 2.0/3.0/3.5 including C , VB.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, MS SQL Server, Oracle and XML
- Strong understanding of Legacy System Application built on Microsoft Technologies Migration to .NET.
- Experienced in distributed application development using Remoting using TCP and Web Services XML, SOAP .
- Good Experience on Service Oriented Architecture SOA with WCF.
- Expert in .NET Framework 3.5 like LINQ, AJAX, REST, WCF, WPF and Silverlight 1.0/2.0.
- Experience in web development using ASP, Visual Basic, COM/DCOM, DLL, ADO, ActiveX, HTML, CSS, Java Script and VB Scripts.
- Experience in Developing enterprise wide applications using XML, XSLT, XLink, and XPath, XQuery, XPointer, DTD s, XSD, and XML Parsers.
- Good experience in working with both traditional/Spiral and Agile / Scrum SDLC methodology.
- Gained good knowledge in low level software programming by working together in close proximity with Embedded Systems development teams.
- Experienced in Software Configuration Management tools ClearCase and Visual Source Safe / Team Foundation Server TFS .
- Experience in modeling UML, Use Case, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, flowcharts using MS VISIO.
- Professional development of Database application using ODBC, OLEDB, ADO, MS Access, MS SQL Server 2000/2005, Transact-SQL, Oracle 9i and PL/SQL, DB2 and LINQ.
- Experience in tools like NUnit, NDoc, and NAnt
- Expertise with development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio.Net, Flash, Dream Weaver, Front Page, Acrobat Suite, Rational Tools, Visual SourceSafe, TFS, Vault Client, Code Smith, MS Office Suite, WinCVS, and PC Any where.
- Expertise in web and windows based application development using Object Oriented Approach and Design, Code reusability scenarios, n-Tier architecture, and processes like e-COM and Microsoft Technologies.
- Self starter with excellent communication skills, the ability to work independently and with a team, very detail-oriented, and performance-driven to achieve timely goals.
- Platforms: Windows Vista, Windows XP/2000/2003, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 9x, UNIX
- Software: MS Office 9x/2000, MS FrontPage, MS Interdev, Visual Studio.NET, .NET Class Libraries, MS Visio
- Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/2003/NT/XP/Vista
- Languages: C , VB.NET, WCF, WPF, SQL, PL/SQL, OOPS
- Framework: .Net Framework 1.1/2.0/3.0
- Database: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL Server 2000/2005, MS Access
- SCM: Visual Source Safe, TFS Team Foundation Server
- Middleware: .Net Remoting, XML Web Service.
- Tools: MS Visio, Star Team, Caliber, Quality Center, Application Center Test, N-Doc, N-Unit, Mercury Products QTP, AppCenter and LoadRunner
- Data Access Tools: ADO.Net, NET Enterprise Library 2.0 and ADO
Lead .Net Consultant Architect / Developer
Responsibilities as Architect/Senior Developer:
- Created and maintained corporate intranet that supported the sales force in both connected and disconnected modes to ease the enrollment process and increase business revenue.
- Designed and implemented online insurance enrollment application with offline capability enabling field agents to work autonomously. This achieved quick sales for agents resulting in faster turn-around times.
- Headed a team effort to devise and implement an update process to keep application updated with new features and enhancements and a custom install application for disconnected application suite, which performed tasks related to data and application security, installations of local database and windows services.
- Designed and developed custom controls to maximize code re-usability and designing/development, and Web Services to reduce data overhead and centralizing the data processing by generating XML to communicate with in-house Enterprise Applications.
- Designed and developed custom user interfaces for data representation to support both different business and customer requirements.
- Architected back office software services using Managed windows services, SOA based web services/ WCF services to perform inter/intra-process communication, automated deployment tasks and performance monitoring.
- Lead a team to design and develop custom update and install routines using web services, windows services, IIS tasks, SQL Server, Local Security Policy setting, User/Group creation, and data encryption using EFS and encrypting algorithms.
- Generated reports for end users by using SSRS.
- Developed UI by using Ajax, WPF with Silverlight 2.0 Front End .
- Extensive use of Enterprise Library 2.0 for Database Access, Exception Handling Logging.
- Master Page Design including themes and skins etc.
- Implement GUI Using Microsoft Silverlight and other third party tools like Infragistics.
- Worked in exposing and consuming Web services using SOA.
- Application developed using AGILE SCRUM process.
- Participated in daily meetings to update progress for implementing Agile methodology
- Worked with WCF SOA to interact with Peer applications to get feed for PSQ.
- Worked with Workflow foundation to apply rules.
- Used windows API calls extensively to perform Impersonation, System Reconfigurations, setting Local Security Policies.
- Used active directory programming interface ADAM to perform Users and Groups configuration for applications and MS SQL Server access and execution rights for different objects.
- Designed and developed custom libraries to communicate with MQ Series utilizing MQ Series .Net libraries and to handle SQL Script implementations for MSDE, SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 reducing the development effort and time.
- Implemented using Model-View-Presenter MVP pattern with 3-layered architecture.
- Developed the applications in ASP.Net 3.5, C .Net, VB.Net, Classic ASP and MS SQL Server 2005.
- Designed and developed User Interface with various WebForms for all the websites using HTML, CSS, ASP.Net Server side controls, Custom Web Controls, User Controls etc.
- Extensively used Java Script for client side controls validations and to handle the events.
- Implemented database accessing scripts using VB Script for Classic ASP Applications.
- Designed and implemented WCF Service on Performance Suite to provide various generic services Querying Central Data base to all the client applications running on Performance Suite.
- Designed and implemented Windows Communication Foundation WCF service to perform logging.
- Lead and mentored a team of 4 developers to convert a VB 6.0 document and form generation application to .Net reducing the personnel dependency and maintaining high efficiency rates.
- Designed and developed a reporting engine based on .NET and SQL Server Reporting Services to support vast array of business, application and custom reports. The reporting engine supported functions like scheduling, report repository, storing report parameters for review.
- Optimized report queries to achieve faster report generation. The report generation times were improved by 300 .
- Automated sales and forecast report executions based on different development regions, sales group and management groups.
- Used Mercury application suite including Test Director, QTP and Load Runner for testing efforts.
- Created enterprise level and application level reports using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS in SQL Server 2005 and deployed them to Reporting Server.
- Played a vital role in managing and converting code to framework 3.0/3.5 and code deployments.
- Lead a team effort to convert database upgrade from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Lead a team effort to move code from MS Visual Source Safe to MS Team Foundation Server.
- Lead team efforts for code deployments, code branching, code merging, code freezes and application porting.
Lead .Net Consultant
- Involved in developing application through the full software development life cycle.
- Designed and developed Web Application and Win32 Application custom controls using ASP.NET, VB.NET and C .NET.
- Wrote Unit Tests using VS Unit for the various DAO classes
- Used ASP.NET 2.0 WebForms Master Pages etc. for the UI
- Used XML and XSLT to transform data into HTML and a communication mode for Data sharing and update.
- Used CSS to control styles of various controls used.
- Involved in requirement gathering sessions by participating in project meetings, workshops, and interview sessions with key business stakeholders to identify and gather all functional requirements and the business objectives.
- Performed functional testing, pre-deployment testing and system integration testing SIT and User Acceptance Testing UAT to verify product deliverables.
- Used Web Services throughout the application to transfer and access data more securely and efficiently.
- Completely object-oriented, designed classes and developed UML diagrams.
- Designed schemas and designed mapping between different Data sources.
- Designed and developed Data Source Channel by web services to send and receive data for documents within the application.
- Database Access is accomplished using ADO objects and COM Objects.
- Involved in designing the database and writing stored procedures, views and triggers using SQL.
- Performed Data analysis, Data integration and Data manipulations in SQL.
- Involved in the development of the COM components.
- Handled discrepancies between the working of the application in IIS 5.0 in local machine and 6.0 in the development machine windows Server 2003 .
- Participated in designing and developing the business logic.
- XML Documents were used in exchanging business and application data between application users at higher level.
- As part of the Application Development Team, responsibilities included identifying business requirements and analyzing, designing, developing, testing and implementing applications to support various Business objectives using ASP.
- Responsible for document deliverables, including Interactive Design Specifications, Site Architecture Map, Test Plans, as well as for conducting usability testing .
- Designed and developed the system to maximize the reuse of software components and to consolidate data to a common source.
- Exploring new features of ASP.NET 2.0 for Membership Provider, Role Provider and Profile Provider.
- Framework Design of the Entire application design of multi layered architecture.
- Modify Enterprise Library for extending it for ADO.NET provider for MS SQL Server 2000.
- Identified common processes and data within the overall scope of the business module.
- Integration of modules and common routines of the new system with the existing application infrastructure.
- Participated in installation and deployment activities of the application.
- Involved in debugging, maintenance, and support of the system.
- Supported system and integration testing that included application walkthroughs, review of test scripts, test cases, bug prioritizing, and bug fixes etc.
- Documented various test plans and test cases to facilitate the client's testing requirements.
- Used extensive and complex structured code for manipulating, implementing, and incorporating the functionalities and processes of ASP and VBScript.
- Designing custom built Include Pages for the database layer/calls and server settings separately to incorporate them into any Active Server Page environment.
- Actively involved in all phases of development life cycle which included analysis, design and development of moderate to large projects, web-based business applications and relational databases.
- MS Visio 2000 was used for presenting technical documentation and explains technical architecture.
- Performed System related administration tasks including user and database management, backup/recovery and overall system maintenance.
- Used Web Services throughout the application to transfer and access data more securely and efficiently.
- Debugging, maintained, and supported major components of the system.
- Configured and developed web services to send and receive documents, reports and data between locations.
- Mappings were designed to translate data to-and-from SQL Server to XML files.
- Used web server controls, validation controls and output caching for client and server side.
- Developed business logic classes using C and created GUI using Web forms with C .
- Wrote code for Datagrid control for data manipulation using ADO.NET.
- Used System.Data.SqlClient namespace for accessing ADO.NET classes.
- Used web controls of .NET and then implemented changes to controls to fulfill applications requirements.
- Implemented custom datagrid controls through out the application for easier deployment and processing of data.
- Implemented custom ListView controls for the better presentation of data and using .NET mapping property for the data retrieval.
- Utilized C .NET for writing Web Services.
- Developed shared .NET assembly members like enumeration and Classes to use with Business Logic Layer and the data.
- Extensively used .NET framework data classes for data manipulation and access.
- Coded customized user controls like Calendar Control and Multi-Column Listbox for look up values.
- Heavily involved in converting Classic VB application to C .NET Windows application.
- Created GUI using Web Forms with C .
- Written codes for the Code-behind files and easily involved in manipulating Datasets in the Mid-tier Web Services to add row collection to columns, add column collection to Tables, and add table collection at runtime using ADO.NET.
- C .NET was extensively used for creating AIC Application Integration Component .
- Handled exceptions using a customized exception class that defined specific Application level exceptions.
- Customized .Net Web Server Controls by changing UI, validation script and events to fulfill application requirements.
Programmer / Analyst
- Involved in analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of the application.
- Responsible for document deliverables, including Interactive Design Specifications, Site Architecture Map, Test Plans, as well as for conducting usability testing using ASP.
- Used custom built Business Layer Functionalities for the middle-tier ages at one go using ASP.
- Designed and developed custom built pages for the database layer/calls and server settings separately to incorporate them into any ASP environment using VB Script and ASP.
- Designed custom setting pages to manipulate Server Variable values.
- Used sessions extensively throughout the application.
- Developed custom Stored Procedure functions for ease of Data access.
- Used ADO for Database connections and Data access.