I am an accomplished programmer specializing in object - oriented design and analysis with extensive experience in the full life cycle of the software design process including requirements definition, prototyping, and proof of concept, design, interface implementation, testing, and maintenance.Summary of Qualifications
- Possess expertise in object-oriented analysis/design and extensive Visual Basic development, skilled at progressing from problem statement to well-documented designs.
- Eight years of experience writing complex reports using Reporting Services.
- Strong knowledge of ASP.NET framework utilizing VB.NET 2012, 2008, and 2005, Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic for Applications with a commitment to a well-designed, user-friendly, scaleable application. Solid understanding of ADO methodology and ActiveX concepts.
- Possess ability for full life cycle programming, including documentation and training.
- Database programmer that understands the necessity of a well planned normalized database. Expertise in SQL Server, Microsoft Access, and Oracle. Demonstrated ability to program in SQL using DTS, SSIS, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, and Scripts.
- Analytical thinker that consistently resolves ongoing issues or defects, often called upon to consult on problems that have eluded resolution by others.
- Quick learner that expends extensive efforts to stay informed of new technologies with the desire to grow.
RDBMS: Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012,2014 SSIS, Microsoft Access (2000, 2002, 2003, 2007), Oracle, AS400, Active Directory
Software: Excel, Word, HTML Help, Telerik controls
Systems: Windows (7, XP, 2000, NT)
Reports: SSRS, Crystal Reports
Concepts: ActiveX, ODBC, ADO, Networking, MVC
While at Confidential, I maintained their Sharepoint intranet and worked on several accounting reports.Responsibilities:
- I developed an application for the coordinators to maintain their vender list. They were able to assign various venders to a project, and copy it for future projects.
- I also developed an application using Telerik file explorer control. Users could be on any computer or smart board and using their Active Directory login, access their home directory.
- I also worked on some data integration between Salesforce and SQL Server.
Lead Web Developer
At the Confidential, I have created several applications using the .Net 3.5 and .Net 4.5 framework. In addition, I have used SQL Server 2008 and SSRS as well as used the AJAX Toolkit. For several projects, I have gone through the entire development life cycle by gathering requirements, developing the websites, creating the databases, tables, stored procedures, etc., and creating the reports.Responsibilities:
- Re-wrote the entire website for the Atlanta Federal Executive Board which allowed government agents to register and pay for classes using Authorize.net to process credit card payments. This website also allowed the FEB administrator to update his news, upload documents and images, and to manage emergency notification to the proper government agents.
- Using VB.NET 2012, I created a 360 Survey applications which allowed government employees to complete a survey for their accomplishments, and elect their managers and other employees to provide feedback. An extensive report was available which provided graphs for each concept so the employee could see how they rated themselves compared to the people they elected.
- Developed several scheduling applications allowing users to register for classes and meetings. These applications use VB.NET 2008, AJAX, SQL Server 2008 and SSRS, and made a connection to the Active Directory.
- I was in charge of data integration of the Oracle databases with the SQL Server database in which I created a BI database that all our different applications could access. I utilized SSIS and SQL Server jobs for nightly imports.
- In addition, I was responsible for my team's authorization to the SQL Server databases.
- Managed the extensive testing of the applications and reports.
- Assisted network team in Washington with IIS 6.0 and IIS 7 and the deployment of the web applications.
- Most of my applications utilized Web Services.
While employed as a contractor at the Confidential, I have been supporting production. It is my job to make sure tax returns were processed in a timely manner, assisted in unit testing and supported the end users.
Confidential, Newnan, GA
- SQL Server 2000 and 2005 creating tables, views, stored procedures, table scripts, triggers and functions
- VB.Net 2008, Classic ASP using Visual Interdev and Visual Basic 6.0
- I worked on Excel spreadsheets that were being used for data entry
- Microsoft Access 2003
- Continued working extensively with SQL Server Reporting Services as well as Crystal Reports 8.5
Confidential, Smyrna, GA
acquired several smaller envelope companies which meant these different companies have different database applications and special requirements. During my tenure with National Envelope, I have made improvements to an existing E Commerce sites. Provided application tools for customer service representatives, and I have built a comprehensive Report Manager with AJAX that has joined together AS400 databases, SQL Server databases and PostgreSQL. The users want a variety of reports in Reporting Services, Excel, and in text files. I have also set up automatic reporting which they can have daily, weekly, and so on.Responsibilities:
- SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 creating tables, views, and stored procedures. Using SQL Server to run AS400 and PostgreSQL reports.
- .Net 3.0 and .Net 2005 simultaneously.
- Excellent debugging skills on existing applications and creating applications from start to finish.
- 2 years of Reporting Services experience creating complex reports.
Confidential, Tucker, GA
I have provided DBA support to the SQL Server database, as well as work with Data Transformation Services and stored procedures. Due to much needed improvements to company processes, I have provided stream lined services that have reduced our auditing staff from six people to 2 people. Improvements have reduced incorrect invoicing and payroll issues. The work that I have done on the company intranet has provided reports; new hire processing and employee status changes.Responsibilities:
- 4 years of SQL Server 2000 utilizing stored procedures, DTS, and ODBC with money management system.
- Visual Basic 6.0, Microsoft Access 2002 using Visual Basic for Applications, Java Script and Web Development
- Over 1 year of VB.NET and ASP.NET developing applications for company intranet
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Visual Basic Programmer
I have developed several querying and reporting tools that the ERP system did not provide. Through the planning and designing, developed a complex label making application that connected to the ERP system and a custom Access database which sent information formatted in specialized Monarch printing code directly to the Monarch printer to produce labels. Used Optio to produce order acknowledgements that can be specialized based on a specific customer or be standardized for all customers. I assisted the employees with various computer and printer issues.Responsibilities:
- Visual Basic development utilizing ODBC, ADO and SQL.
- Self taught using Optio and Monarch.
Confidential, Norcross, GA
Visual Basic Programmer
Lead developer on a customer issue tracking application used by 500 hospital sites utilizing the web. I have developed a registration scanning utility designed to save time and money for hospital registration and insurance collection.Responsibilities:
- Visual Basic development utilizing ADO methodology for more speed, and flexibility.
- Created ActiveX tools and implemented COM.
- Developed Excel and Access macros for porting data.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Visual Basic Programmer
I served as lead developer on an application used by the help desk staff. Wrote custom reports for the company software using Crystal Reports, and offered technical support to customers when the help desk personnel could not resolve the issue.Responsibilities:
- Built applications using Visual Basic 6.0 and Oracle using SQL.
- Created a report maker utilizing MS Access that allowed users to create their own letters and reports and mass mail to customers.
- Provided additional reporting utilizing Excel and Crystal Reports.