- Nearly Six Years of experience as a Java/J2EE developer in the areas of Analysis, Design, Development, Coding, Implementation and Testing of web based and client server multi-tier applications
- Expertise in OOAD and OOP from designing UML diagrams using IBM Rational Rose.
- Proficient in handling web and application servers in creating Domain, configuring connection pool, JMS, deploying applications on Weblogic, Websphere and JBoss.
- Development, testing and deployment experience of enterprise applications on Windows & UNIX platforms through IDE’s such as Eclipse/MyEclipse, WSAD/RAD, JBuilder and Netbeans.
- Expertise in designing and developing applications using J2EE technologies including Servlets, JSP, EJB, JMS, Struts, JSF, AJAX, Hibernate, Web Services, XML, JMX, JNDI, JDBC, CVS, Ant.
- Experience in working with Agile SCRUM Methodology.
- Extensively utilized the features provided by Struts and Spring framework in various projects for MVC architecture.
- Exposure to Service Oriented Architecture including Universal Description and Discovery Integration (UDDI) lookups, Web Services Description Language (WSDL) using SOAP protocol, and Extended Markup Language (XML) and java XML parsers such as JAXP, SAX and JDOM.
- Proficient in persistence framework like Hibernate ORM, iBATIS Data Mapper, JPA.
- Performed unit testing using JUnit, integration and deployment of applications done using tools ANT and Maven & debugging through log4j.
- Experience in Development and Maintenance of enterprise applications using J2EE, JSP, Servlets, Struts.
- Experience in providing Production Support for Java/J2EE applications.
- Expertise in Development of web-based applications in Java, J2EE (Servlets, JSP, EJB, JDBC, JNDI and JMS), REST and Restful Web Services, SOAP, Axis2, Spring 3.0/2.5, Hibernate 3.0/3.5, JPA, XML, XSL, XSLT, CSS; Application servers (Websphere, JBOSS, Tomcat and BEA Weblogic); Strong OOA/OOD concepts.
- Good experience with XML, XML Parsers & Web Services.
- Experience with test-driven development using a various unit testing framework such as JUnit
- Experience in batch programming.
- Worked on full cycle development from conceptualization to programming and deployment.
- Experience in developing PL/SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Exceptional at team building and motivating either at a peer level or in a leadership role. Able to work with little or no supervision. Good communication and time management skills.
Internet Technologies: Java EE 5.0, Java (JDBC 4.0, Java Beans, RMI), J2EE (EJB
Frameworks/ORM tools: Spring 3.0/2.5, Struts 2.0, Hibernate 3.5/3.0
App Servers/ Middleware: WebSphere 7.0, Tomcat 6.0 , Weblogic 8.0/9.0
IDE / Programming Tools: Eclipse 2.5/3.5, JBuilder X, SQL Navigator, PL/SQL Developer
Operating System: Unix, Linux, Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7
Database/Tools: JDBC, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL Server 7.0, MySQL
Libraries and Tools: Ant, Maven, Jmeter.
Version Control: SVN, Win CVS 1.3, VSS 6.0, Rational Clearcase.
Functional Domain: Financial, Banking, Healthcare, Insurance
Confidential,Los Angeles, CA (Presently in Bay area, ca) Feb 2011 –Till date
Online Account Management
Confidential,is the leading energy provider for Southern California. This project introduces online account management for the customers of the SoCalGas on their website (www.socalgas.com). The new options are to stop an existing gas service, transfer an existing gas service, start a new service with the gas company, and to view the current service details. Ebill, paperless statements and mobile functionalities were added
- Involved in study of User Requirement Specification. Requested insufficient information and helped clearing ambiguity in requirements document.
- Analysis and Design of various modules using SOA and J2EE.
- Developed Web services to allow communication between the applications using Rest Webservices.
- Designed, Developed and analyzed the front-end and back-end using JSP, Servlets and Spring 3.0.
- Integrated Spring (Dependency Injection) among different layers of an application.
- Used Spring framework for dependency injection, transaction management.
- Used Spring MVC framework controllers for Controllers part of the MVC
- Implemented Business Logic using POJO’s and used Websphere 7.0 to deploy the applications
- Implemented various Java design patterns like Front Controller, Service Locator, Business Delegate, and Data access Object, Factory Pattern, Session Façade, etc.
- Implemented various complex PL/SQL queries.
- Developed various Junit test cases for Unit and Functional Testing respectively.
- Worked with Testers in resolving various defects in the application and was an integral part of the team.
- Used Hibernate for data persistence
- Used Java Persistence API (JPA) through Hibernate 3.2.
- Used RAD7 as IDE for development of the application.
- Worked with Websphere 7.0 as the application server .
- Assisted Oracle DB development team in developing stored procedures and designing the database.
- Used Rational Rose as part of development of Rules.
- Performed Clear Quest defects, Database change requests logging using Clear Quest.
- Used Maven Cruise-Control for project builds.
- Provided Production support for the application
- Interacted with Business Analysts to come up with better implementation designs for the application.
- Developed client side interface and GUI with the help of XML using XSLT.
- Design and Development of software components like Interface, Action Handlers,
Client side scripts using JAVA, JSP, and Java Script.
Confidential,MN Mar 2010 – Jan 2011
Java J2EE Developer
Access Online is a web-enabled program management and reporting tool offering a feature-rich platform that can be easily configured and deployed to meet the unique needs of clients. Confidential,clients have the ability to implement the features and functionality that best support and/or enhance their business processes. Access Online harnesses the power of the Internet within a secured environment bringing clients online access to their payment solutions anytime, anywhere.
Role: Analysis, Design, Development, Performance Tuning, Performance Enhancements and Bug Fixing.
- Responsible and active in the analysis, definition, design, implementation and deployment of full software development life-cycle (SDLC) of the project.
- Involved in Analysis, Design and Implementation/translation of Business User requirements.
- Actively participated in the daily SCRUM meetings to produce quality deliverables within time.
- Involved in multi-tiered J2EE design utilizing Spring Inversion of Control (IOC) architecture and Hibernate.
- System built using Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture. Implemented the application using the concrete principles laid down by several design patterns such as Composite View, Session Façade, Business Delegate, Bean Factory, Singleton, Data Access Object, and Service Locator.
- Developed Web services to allow communication between application through SOAP over HTTP using Apache Axis2
- Designed and implemented application using JSP, Spring MVC, Struts, JNDI, Spring IOC, Spring Annotations, Spring AOP, Spring Transactions, Hibernate, JDBC, SQL, ANT, JMS, Oracle and Websphere app server 7.0 .
- Used Spring Framework for Dependency injection and integrated with the EJB 3.0 using annotations.
- Used Clearcase version control tool.
- Automate build process by writing ANT build scripts.
- Configured and customized logs using Log4J.
- Spring MVC model integration for front-end request action controller.
- Wrote SQL queries, stored procedures, modifications to existing database structure as required for addition of new features using Oracle database.
- Involved in installing and configuring Eclipse and Maven for development.
- Developed various UML diagrams like use cases, class diagrams, interaction diagrams (sequence and collaboration) and activity diagrams.
- Played a key role in the design and development of almost all the modules of the project.
- Used Log4J to validate functionalities and JUnit for unit testing.
- Used JIRA for bug tracking, issue tracking and project management.
- Confidential,Kent, WA Oct 2008 – Feb 2010
Confidential,is an Internet based Retailer for Outdoor sports gear and clothing. Users of this site can view the different catalog of two main categories REI products and REI Adventures. REI products consists of items like gear, clothing, bikes, rack fitters, gift cards etc and for user account maintenance.
- Involved in requirement analysis, functional specifications and over-all component design.
- Develop Spring and Hibernate based multi tier Web Application.
- Created and maintained the configuration of the Spring Application Frameworks IoC container
- Involved in configuration of Struts MVC, E-mail, File-Upload, and Integration with ORM Framework (Hibernate).
- Involved in Analysis, Design, development, testing and Maintenance using UML.
- Worked with Eclipse for development environment for developing and deploying applications.
- Involved in creating new POJO’s objects to use with the hibernate persistence.
- Implemented Hibernate by replacing the ejb’s.
- Worked on Hibernate configuration file to set up the oracle data source.
- Used SQL Navigator for writing the queries and testing the test data with the queries.
- Worked with CVS as a version control and used Mercury Quality Center to track and to fix the defects.
- Implemented object/relational persistence (Hibernate) for the domain model
- Develop UML diagrams such as Class, Sequence and Activity Diagrams to understand the Systems architecture.
- Application Design Documented for my entire requirement.
- Designed and Developed WebServices using UDDI, WSDL, SOAP to communicate to the other modules.
- Configured Hibernate objects as Spring Beans in the Spring Configuration File.
- Wrote client side and server side validations using Struts Validators and Java Scripts Validations.
- Configured the Hibernate configuration files to persist the data to the Oracle 9i Database.
- Developed DAOs using DAO Design Pattern to insert and update the data for the Policy Module.
- Helped in developing the complete business flow and helped incorporate session validity checks, form validations and error handling in the application.
- Implemented ORM in the persistence layer using Hibernate frame work in conjunction with Spring Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) functionality.
- Deployed the jar, war and ear files on the Web Sphere Application Server.
- Wrote, debugged ANT, Maven Scripts for building the entire web application and deploy them on WebSphere.
- Wrote JUnit test cases to test the Policy and Claims Modules.
- Defined required mappings in xml that are supported by MVC architecture and Struts framework
- Involved in client side scripting.
- Involved in server side validations using AJAX
- Deployed applications on Websphere Application Server.
- Involved in Unit Testing of the components using JUnit.
- Used CVS for version control.
Confidential,Columbus, OH Nov 2007- Sep 2008
Online Quote management
Confidential,is one of the biggest Insurance companies in the entire U.S. Worked with Online Quote application which allowed users to go online and compare quotes instantly with other insurance providers
- Developed the application as per the functional requirements from the analysts
- Developed and deployed EJB’s (Session) to implement the business logic and to handle various interactions with the database.
- Developed web screens in Html and JSP.
- Design and Development of User Interface using Struts tag libraries
- Provided production support for the application.
- Responsible for client side validations and server side validations in JSP
- Increased performance of the extended applications by making effective use of various design patterns ( Front Controller, Business delegate, DAO and Session facade)
- Design and Development of server side modules using J2EE, Struts and EJB
- Development of test cases for unit testing
- Used WebServices to extract and communicate the records using XML and REST
- Involved in maintenance and support
- Documentation of the application
- Installed and configured WebLogic in Development and Testing environment
- Developed the transaction-oriented logic in the Data Access Layer.
- Designed, developed, debugged and tested the web based J2EE application
- Used Log4J utility to log error, info and debug messages.
- Resolved complex problems in less time.
- Configured and deployed the J2EE application on Weblogic Application Server
- Played major role in the completion of the project.
- Used the Transaction to persist the data in the Oracle 9i.
- Used apache struts to develop the web-based components
- Tested the whole application for errors screen by screens
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, Hibernate, Spring, Struts, PL/SQL, Weblogic Application Server, Webservices, UML, Visio, CVS, Log4J, Unix, Win XP
Confidential,Timonium , MD Jan 2007 – Oct 2007
Confidential, is an internet-based shipping system that allows any registered UPS shipper to store and retrieve customer address information, define service, package, and billing information for shipments of up to 20 packages, request pickup services, print shipping labels, and track up to 90 days worth of domestic and international shipments.
- Involved in the design and development of the entire application.
- Created UML diagrams (use case, class, sequence, and collaboration) based on the business requirements
- Involved in designing and developing dynamic web pages using HTML and JSP with Struts tag libraries
- Designed JSP layout using Struts Tiles Framework
- Implemented PL/SQL queries and used Oracle stored procedures, and built-in functions to retrieve and update data from the databases
- Used Hibernate Framework for object relational mapping and persistence.
- Interfaced with the Oracle back-end using Hibernate Framework and XML config files.
- Used Eclipse for the development environment
- Wrote JUnit test cases to test the functionality of each method in the DAO layer.
- Used CVS for version control.
- Configured and deployed the web application using Tomcat Application Server
- Used Rational ClearQuest for tracking errors and bugs in the project source code
- Prepared technical reports and documentation manuals for efficient program development
Confidential,Bangalore Nov 2005- Dec 2006
- Involved in requirement gathering, HLD and LLD and prepared activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, class diagrams and use case diagrams for various use cases using Rational Rose.
- Worked on JSP, Servlets.
- Used Maven for building individual modules.
- Involved in unit testing using JUnit.
- Implemented build and deployment scripts using ANT.
- Involved in unit integration, bug fixing, acceptance testing with test cases, code reviews.
Education: BS in Computer Science