- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Fast Learner. Ability to lead a large team effectively as well as work independently in an unstructured environment.
- Effective communication skills.
- Successfully juggle working with highly technical teams as well as business end users.
- Positively adaptive to very stressful work environments.
- Foresee and proactively resolve requirement gaps at an early stage in implementing process
- CFA level III candidate
- FRM ( Financial Risk Management) Candidate
Confidential - Mar 2006- Till now
- Sr. Application Analyst at Fannie Mae multifamily division.
- Project lead of the team comprising 8 members.
- Research, report FMIS HCD production problems.
- Work on different HCD enhancement requests.
Confidential - Programmer/Business Analyst Sept 2000 - Mar 2006
Programmer analyst at Data warehousing project, Confidential, New York April 2002 - Mar 2006
- Successfully integrated various key products like loan, mortgage, equities, and derivative for private bank client.
- Successfully coordinated offshore development and onsite implementation of large ETL modules.
- Designed algorithms to calculate and report income for Citigroup clients
- Data analysis and end user support:
- Analyze impact of new requirements on existing system and request data models and existing sub modules changes to accommodate new requirements.
- Study new products nuances and map it for the data analysis and reporting.
- Review implementation techniques suggested by development teams for potential scalability, performance, maintenance or data quality problems.Managed configuration, troubleshooting of networking and data transfer, database management and system software, hardware and application.
- Support integration of systems into customer production environment using industry standard software tools and protocol.
- Onsite coordinator :
- Work with business users to gather requirements, analyze business requirement documents, clarify gaps and ensure requirements are clearly understood by developers. Align development effort and user expectations to ensure software is delivered in a timely manner.
- Prepare extremely detailed ETL design documents and target-source mapping templates based on requirements. Explain requirements to developers in detail to ensure that software produced is of optimum quality.
- Work with user acceptance testing teams to understand their problems and resolve any system or requirements understanding problems.
- Learn about new products offered by the bank and change software to accommodate these and also to accommodate the regional nuances of Europe, Asia and the US.
- ETL resource planning and mentoring:
- Prioritize work for offshore team and mentor junior members of onsite team.
- Travel to meet development teams and to train new team members to independently handle data analysis, user expectations and testing.
- Plan project resource requirements and training cycles for existing team.
Worked as developer for Confidential Sept 2000 - Apr 2002
- User Support:
- Work with business users to produce timely report on reconciliation of trades.
- Generated report for anomalies in the trades.
- B.E. (Bachelor of Engineering)
CFA level III candidate
SKILLS AND PERSONAL
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/95/98, UNIX
Tools/Scheduler: Ab Initio 2.12 (Data Warehousing Tool), EME (Enterprise Meta Environment), Trillium (Data Cleansing Tool), MS-Office, Visio, MS Visual Studios, Samba, Autosys, Tivoli
Languages/DBMS: Java, C, PL/SQL, Oracle 8i/9i, Sql Server 2000, MS Access
Expertise in: Data Warehousing, ETL