FUNCTIONAL STRENGTHS: Adapts quickly to rapidly changing environments. Skilled in management, strategy, scope definition, budgets estimation, burn rate analysis, project work plan and milestone development, KPI analysis, level setting and managing priorities; Identify trends and interdependencies between projects; skilled at risk management and mitigation, as well as, standardizing tools, processes and training to the extent possible, and minimize redundancies; Ensure knowledge sharing and best practices across organization.
LEADERSHIP ABILITIES:†Results oriented leader who is well adept at calculated risk taking with a keen sense of bottom-line return-on-investment. An inspiring manager who approaches projects with vision and enthusiasm. Ability to produce exceptional results in a changing and demanding environment with tight deadlines and budgets.
POSITIONS, PROJECTS & SUCCESSES
Confidential, Charlotte, NC and Washington, DC
Senior Business Consultant,
- Served in a consulting capacity to banking and healthcare clients for the establishment and continued refinement of company strategy, technology integration, cash flow management, revenue cycle solutions, and risk mitigation issues.
- Successfully achieved operational synergies forecasted to save $1.5 million per year through process improvement and automation initiatives.
- Managed the implementation of a state-of-the-art computerized healthcare smart card system, achieving greater functionality with a $2 million per year projected cost savings.
- Prepared plans for initiating and implementing guidelines for business processes and methods for improving business operations.
- Successfully restructured a business division to achieve functional deliverables and improved performance levels.
- Worked toward establishing and enhancing a coherent and common knowledge sharing framework across the organizations to improve efficiency and eliminate redundancy.
- Provided alternative analysis to address problems, and subsequently submitted a recommended courses of action to drive success of projects and future growth.
- Assisted in defining coordinated development processes using ECMS/DMAIC methodologies for web and mobile based development projects; and defined and implemented process improvement plans.
Confidential Charlotte, NC
Senior Change Manager and Senior Business Analyst
- Provided consulting expertise to business and technology partners on project scope, business requirements and operational issues, as well as, analyzing operational impact in the business and technology operations brought about by the project scope. Researched and documents operational workflow, systems analysis and system integration. Participated in project execution on complex initiatives, working with cross functional technology and LOB teams.
- Responsibilities included engaging business partners to discuss risk management tool requirements from the Consumer products LOB; defining project parameters, business requirements, performing GAP analysis to identify existing business and technology gaps, managing scope, constraints, and risks to project success. Analyzed deliverables for adherence to requirements and mitigation of business rule and technology defects.
- Develop and maintained a Change Management Tracking spreadsheet, updated four blocker program status reports, program reviews, and other program documentation, to include managing and tracking program deliverables and defects.
- Assess and advise on improving process and methodologies of current project management implications throughout project timeline; including development of strategies, and readiness assessment. Work with Business partners and project managers to identify redundancies and duplications of efforts across projects and eliminate.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with others, initiate action and adapt to change as well as ability to make tough decisions and accept challenging assignments.
Confidential, Washington, DC, Charlotte, NC
Senior Program Manager
- Sr. PM for consulting firm that provides professional management consulting, information technology, and systems engineering services to customers in the banking, defense, homeland security, federal civilian agencies and commercial sectors.
- Directed management and program analysis assessments, Business Process Base lining, Gap Analysis and corrective action planning as well as Change management to achieve operational efficiencies.
- Implemented Six Sigma and Earned Value Management (EVM) methodologies for project management across the organization for all client Business-As-Usual (BAU) project activities and new project initiatives.
- Responsible for strategic planning and monitoring key performance indicators of projects to include milestones and burn-rate, selecting team leads, and assigning workload. Evaluate project risks that arise -- developing action plans for issue resolution before project, schedule or budget is impacted.
- Meet with staff weekly, which includes developing strategies and action plans, managing work streams, implementing efficient work management processes using Lean Six Sigma methods, mapping complex business processes with technology solutions, and communicating solutions to the client.
- Define and implement process improvement plans for existing projects, as well as, performing segmentation analysis by sector to identify key short and long term business growth sectors
- Other responsibilities include selling consulting and solution based services, leveraging high-level introductions with current clients and continuing to expand the relationships. Managed the proposal preparation, negotiation and successful win of a federal government GSA Schedule 874 - Mission Oriented Business Integrated Services (MOBIS) contract with the U.S. General Services Administration†
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior Project Manager
- Sr. Project Manager for the Credit Risk Group with experience in Regulatory Reporting, Basel II Capital Calculations, Regulatory Reporting system refreshes and Regulatory Reporting.
- Responsibilities included defining project charters, business requirement documents, project plans and milestones that address existing gaps, managing scope, establishing cost estimates and project budgets, tracking burn rate; managing constraints, risks and required resources. Managed resources and allocated work streams; managed†
daily operations of the project and scope; as well as, analyzed deliverables for adherence to requirements and mitigation of defects.
- Actively engaged Regulatory Reporting PMO, Senior managers and team leads in CRT to eliminate GAPS and bottlenecks in development and defect remediation process, as well as establishing and improving process flows, inter-group communication and coordination to improve outcomes and milestone achievement.
- Evaluated business cases, as well as, ensured efficient and effective strategies, workflows and processes to integrate Basel II view corrections, changes and system enhancements, while escalating issues that may impact the Capital Calculator or the Final Basel views.
- Responsible for monitoring key metrics for Capital Calc Basel II defects and status of project deliverables for Wholesale and Retail financial data streams, and providing daily updates and reports to the PMO. Evaluate issues from multiple perspectives and consolidated related issues among working units for resolution in an efficient and timely manner. Provided guidance to analysts and developers as needed.
- Daily interface with the Basel II PMO and external departmental partners to provide briefings regarding current status of Commercial, Retail and Securities Basel II view refreshes and Regulatory Reporting work streams.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior Project Manager and Senior Business Analyst
- Managed a major system conversion to a new web based Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS) Technology trading platform that lead to greater efficiencies and functionality to succeed an outdated CMBS underwriting and securitization system supporting over $400 MM in annual revenue.
- Worked effectively and efficiently on multiple complex tasks simultaneously against demanding deadlines and shifting priorities, as well as dealing with uncertainty and organizational variances.
- Implemented project and change management standards that facilitated quality structured project management using the Six Sigma Change Process for Global Structured Products Technology. Also developed instruments to continuously monitor and mitigate potential internal and external project risks submitting input to the Global Structured Products Technology PMO for project and process improvements.
- Identified key issues and details, and prepared understandable problem definition, alternatives analysis and recommendations to senior management for approval. Established a QC plans to ensure tasks were completed precisely, on-time and within my established metrics and budgets.
- Developed project budget and staff estimations. Consistently utilized variance analysis to evaluate projected verses actuals to determine the delta and project burn rate. Constantly monitored critical path to ensure that project adhered to project charter and BRD. Established project contingency plans to include trading system back-up and tertiary plans.
- Demonstrated ability to solicit constructive input from and build consensus among groups and constituencies with differing priorities and perspectives. Served as the co-lead for contract preparation and negotiations with software vendors.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior Manager, Project & Change Management
- Responsible for managing and leading six (6) multi-million dollar projects in the Credit Card Technology and Solutions Group utilizing the Six Sigma Change Process/ SSP for project control and defect mitigation
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of financial forecasts and models.†Executed the monthly budget forecasting for all projects. This includes tracking and monitoring burn-rate of Projects, Cost Center management, Forecast and Actuals along with variance reporting; integration of Pipeline into the financial forecasting models for initiatives; financially accountable to ensure adherence with forecast and plan budgets.
- Developed control plans, establishing the process to gather project requirements needed to develop charter and requirements documents. Managed geographically dispersed teams in the U.S. and India. Conduct Financial, Business and Strategic Research to include analysis of industry and technology trends to champion continuous process improvements for achieving financial targets.
Confidential, Graduate Certificate Leadership Development in Business
Confidential, BA, Economics/History
ECMS, Project Management, PCMWeb, Change Management, DMAIC, EVMS, Business Analysis, Basel II, Risk Management, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, SDLC, PeopleSoft, MS Project, MS SharePoint, Clarity, VISIO, Hyperian Essbase, Crystal Reports, MicroStrategy, Cognos, SQL, ACT, MS Excel, MS Office, Unix, ORACLETRAINING
PMP, Six Sigma, DMAIC, Basel II (Bank of America), Anti-Money Laundering (Bank of America), Information Security (Bank of America), Know Your Client Training (Bank of America), Leadership Development Program (Johns Hopkins University), Executive Development and Project Management (Rutgers University); Program and Project Management (Johns Hopkins University); Virtualization and Cloud Computing Concepts Seminar