- Certified Scrum Master/Client focused Senior Business Analyst with 8+ years of proven expertise in driving the implementation of system enhancements, collaborating effectively with business stakeholders and developers to bring technology solutions into production. Organized, effective professional known for ability to grasp business needs; translate them into clear, concise specifications; and develop/execute detailed test plans to ensure virtually trouble - free releases.
- Respected business partner valued for knowledge and accessibility. Certified Scrum Master/Assistant Project Manager who can be relied on to get the job done.
- Having expertise in Capital market products, Business data analysis, SQL Database, AML Monitoring. Excellent team player, with good analytical, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Experience in Financial Markets, Capital Markets, CCAR, Wealth Management, Asset Management and Risk Management.
- Experience in Equities, Fixed Income, Bonds, Foreign Exchange, Derivatives (Swaps, Future, Options).
- Proficient in developing and implementing credit risk and market risk management in multinational banking institutions.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Anti Money Laundering (AML), Know your customer (KYC) and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR), OFAC reports, Currency Transaction Report (CTR).
- Serving as link between business users and developers to ensure delivery of new solutions according to requirements.
- Cultivating productive relationships with diverse groups of people, fostering collaborative work environment based on confidence and trust.
- Leveraging analytical nature, strong writing skills, and keen attention to detail to develop comprehensive requirements and test plans that facilitate project completion by minimizing miscommunication.
- Authoring well-written and clear documentation of new releases.
- Strong experience in Strategic Planning with comprehensive knowledge of Management, Organization Development, Team Building and Project Management.
- Versatile communicator who fosters relationships with executive management, technical teams, contractors/suppliers and corporate customers. Expertise in collaborating with Scrum team members including Product Owner and Scrum Master; proficient in creating SCRUM artifacts like User Stories / Backlogs, Burn-down charts
- Proficient in using SQL, XML, XSLT and XSD, WSDL and SoapUI
- Expertise in collaborating with QC, ST teams for creating test cases for Systems testing and conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documenting test cases. Methodologies: In depth knowledge of Agile, RUP, Waterfall, RAD, Prototype
- Hands on expertise in Requirement Gathering and Management.
- Expertise in facilitation of interviews, conference, workshops, Joint Application Development (JAD) and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions
- Adept at requirements gathering, Surveys/Questionnaire development, Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Documents (FRD)
- Excellent in performing feasibility studies and Impact Analysis, Cost/Benefit analysis, Gap Analysis and Risk analysis
- Expertise in change request/requirement change management across teams
- Excellent in creating Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and strong knowledge of Unified Modeling Language(UML)
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in SQL and Relational Databases. Experience in complex querying of databases for Data Analysis and testing
- Experience in Data Analysis and Regression Analysis
- Experience in Data Modeling, and Solid understanding of Relational DB, Object-Oriented DB
- Solid skills in Data Warehouse, writing SQL queries, and procedures using SQL editors
- Experience in User Acceptance Test (UAT), user manual and Post Production Validation (PPV)
Requirements Management Tool: Power Designer, MS Word
Reporting Tools: MS Excel, CRM
Requirements Modeling Tool: MS Visio, Smart Draw, Power Designer
User Interface Design Tools: Smart Draw
Project Management Tools: MS Project, MS SharePoint
Testing Tools: Silk Central, JIRA
Microsoft Office Suite: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Power Point
Databases: MS Excel, SQL
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile
Senior Business Analyst
- About Serve enterprises: Serve enterprises are an Confidential subsidiary providing safe, secure, easy way to pay in stores and online. Customers can access their accounts on various platforms and add cash via mobile check capture, direct deposit and at various stores.
- Involved in the analysis of the existing credit card processing system, mapping phase according to functionality and data conversion procedure.
- Write and maintain Business Requirements Documents BRDs and Functional Requirements Documents FRDs defining new systems operations for the Online Banking project using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Interact with system developers to resolve questions and discrepancies in Business Requirement Documents.
- Collaborate with Front Office, Risk Managers, and various CCAR teams.
- Facilitate JAD sessions to gather requirements.
- Performed GAP analysis to identify the current and future state of the project
- Interact with the user community to enhance understanding of the solutions, project timelines and impact.
- Communicate regularly with team members and other business partners to keep them up to date on CCAR requirements and dates, and raise any issues promptly.
- Formulate test plans, test scenarios and test cases for core subsystems.
- Assist project manager in maintaining expectations within scope, including change request analysis / impact analysis and change control documentation.
- Develop business use cases, generated UML based diagrams for a better understanding of the user community. Involved in Agile methodology in all phases of the project.
- Record project changes on a weekly basis using change data to update the project plan and provide up-to-date information for project status reporting.
- Create, refine and deliver functional test materials corroborated with test cases; set up test plans, schedules and scenarios.
- Extensively create the SQL scripts for validating the test results
Environment: MS Visio, Excel, Word and Project, SharePoint, TOAD, Quality Center, UML, Rally, TFS, JIRA, Java, .NET, SPLUNK and mobile technologies
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Experience from Front to back office, worked with fund managers, financial advisors and technical team members.
- Interacted with Fixed Income business heads to finalize the Business Requirements for the application.
- Wrote SQL statements to extract data from the Tables
- Assisted with project team in the whole project lifecycle phases including scope analyzing, requirements gatherings, developments and quality assurance.
- Assisted project managers with the development of project schedules. Developed requirements and preliminary design for client applications. Performed analysis and design projects using a systems development methodology. Worked with all levels of client staff in solution definition
- Conducted interviews with various business users to collect requirement and business process information using MS Visio, Requisite pro.
- Documented existing and proposed process flow, analyzed current and target system, and conducted GAP analysis.
- Developing and communicating search engine optimization (SEO) strategy and best practices for the Internet sales teams, HTML developers, copywriters and others as needed.
- Designed and developed project document templates based on SDLC methodology
- Identified, researched, realized, investigated, analyzed, defined and documented business processes and Use Case Scenarios
- Involved in Managing Data modeling project from Logical design and implementation of Sybase Database
- Designed and developed all Use Cases and UML models using Rational and Visio
- Assisted project team in preparing Functional Specification Document (FSD), developed non-functional requirements, and documented Business Requirements Document (BRD).
- Prepared detailed design documents to translate business process effectively for developers and product managers using MS Visio.
- Developed user documentation for all the application modules. Also responsible for writing test plan documents and unit testing for the application modules.
- Using Shared Containers and creating reusable components for local and shared use in the ETL process.
- Played a key role in the planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions
- Extracted data from Oracle database with MS Access, and performed SQL query, data analysis and verification.
- Executed Regression and IST sceneries in the Quality Centre
- Assisted in system and User Acceptance Testing, performed client presentations.
- Participated in entering and tracking system defects in Rational ClearQuest.
- Worked with developers and designers of BPM System to make sure development understands business process and detailed technical requirements.
Environment: Agile Methodology, Rally, HP ALM, MS Excel, Gemfire, UML, MS Visio
Confidential, Coraopolis, PA
- Interviewed clients and business users to understand their Business and Functional Requirements , gathering their future needs and transforming them to Functional Specifications .
- Involved in interviewing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and carefully recording the requirements in a Business Requirements Document (BRD).
- Created Screen designs for the development team to ensure client’s requirement were adequately represented.
- Performed Gap Analysis between the “As-Is” model of the legacy system and the “To-Be” model to identify the gaps logged issues relating to the identified gaps and worked with the SME to get clarifications.
- Created Use Case documents and Process Flow diagrams using Microsoft Visio for all System Functionalities.
- Involved with regular walkthroughs and meeting to discuss bottlenecks in the system and possible solutions with the development team.
- Prepared and managed Requirement Traceability Matrices (RTM).
- Tracked change requests and monitored workload and schedule.
- Prepared weekly project status reports and kept management informed of project status and related issues.
Environment: Oracle, MS Visio, MS Excel
- Interacted with Functional Team and the Technical Team for requirement gathering and translation of Business Requirement .
- Analyzed new requests specified by the end users for the future releases and discussion with the functional and technical teams.
- Communicated changes to requirements promptly and precisely to all personnel involved.
- Performed GAP analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements.
- Communicated client’s business requirements by constructing easy-to-understand Use Case Diagrams (UCD), Activity Diagrams (AD), Sequence Diagrams (SD), Data Flow Diagrams (DFD), Flow Charts (FC) and Wireframes.
- Identified and clearly defined functional issues and support IT development staff throughout the design, development, and implementation phases of the software development life cycle.
- Facilitated all the Scrum meetings; Conducted Sprint Planning, daily Stand-up, Story Writing, Prioritization & Demo meetings as part of the Scrum routine; Managed Information, relevant to Sprints using MS-Excel.
- Tracked & triaged defects using HP ALM for utilization by the developers and the QA Team.
- Conducted QA activities like Test Plan Preparation, Test Case Writing/Review with an expertise in User Acceptance Testing (UAT); including functional, regression, user acceptance, integration and performance to verify the client’s needs are met.
- Executed and analyzed various queries and created documentations specific to user groups.
Environment: Windows, Oracle, SQL, MS Visio, HTML, PHP, MS Access, UML, Quality Centre, Web Logic, Requisite pro, Rational ClearQuest.