- 8 years of Industry experience as a Business Systems Analyst with solid understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Business Process Mapping, Evaluating Data Sources, Translating Requirements into Specifications, Application Design.
- Well - versed with all the phases of SDLC, including methodologies like Waterfall approach, IBM RUP, Agile and Scrum.
- Experienced in Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) and preparing UML diagrams including class diagrams, use-cases and activity diagrams.
- Excellent writing skills in Business requirements document (BRD), Functional requirements Specification (FRS), Systems Design Specification, Systems Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Expertise in broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as Microsoft Project, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, Data Modeling and Design.
- Worked with Business Intelligence (BI) Tools like MicroStrategy and Informatica.
- Expertise in RDBMS concepts, SQL queries and PL SQL functions, stored procedures and triggers.
- Experienced in SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), Executing Queries and Running Stored Procedures.
- Complete understanding of UNIFI, Loan Origination System
- Extensively worked with Risk Management, Mortgage Loan Servicing, investment application and Commercial and Residential mortgage
- Worked on the implementation of RESPA and Reg Z changes.
- Knowledge of Data-warehouse and ETL process
- Experience in Microsoft business intelligence(MSBI) tools- SSIS, SSAS and SSR
- Familiar with Client-Server architecture, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Model-View-Controller (MVC) paradigm
- Experience working in various domains like Accounting Auditing, Loan Mortgage, Financial (Banking) and well-versed in Fixed Income, Equity Income and Derivatives (Futures, Forwards, Options and Swaps)
- Experienced implementing Operational Risk Management and Mitigation strategies.
- Possess an understanding of the trading and settlement process to be able to put the activities of front, middle and back office into perspective.
- Well-versed with managing documents using Microsoft SharePoint Server and VSS.
- Experienced in writing test plans and defining test cases involving GUI Testing and Prototype Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experienced in manual and automated testing for both front-end and backend. Extensively used automated test tools of Mercury like Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, Win Runner, Test Director, Performance and Load Runner Testing.
- Extensive experience in developing Use Cases, creating Screen Mockups, conducting Gap Analysis and Impact Analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis and Risk Analysis.
- Experience in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with Business User Groups, conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT Groups and Conflict Management with Project team members.
- Experienced in tracking, documenting, capturing, managing and communicating the requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)
Software tools: MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Outlook, SharePoint, Documentum, Atlassian Confluence and JIRA, SnagIt (Screen instance capture), Balsamiq (Wireframes)
Databases & Tools: Oracle 11g, Oracle 10g
Quality Assurance tools: Rational ClearQuest, HP Application Lifecycle Management (HP-ALM)
Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Waterfall
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Columbus, GA
- Performed analysis on outgoing FIS Loan Origination System (FIS LOS) .
- Gathered requirements for Integration with SHERMAN CALCULATOR. Created the Scope FRD and calculation FRD and facilitated the design sessions for incorporating this new functionality.
- Gathered requirements for Integration with WOLTERS KLUWER Document engine.
- Leading analysis activities for identifying the documents that need to be produced for all types of commercial loan products offered by Confidential .
- Lead the GAP Analysis and identified all the UI fields that need to be maintained in GENESIS in order for correct documents generation by WK.
- Facilitated Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with SME's in understanding the Requirements pertaining to Loan origination documents and calculations.
- Interviewed business users to gather requirements and analyzed the feasibility of their needs by coordinating with the various teams - ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) Team, STP team (Synovus transaction processing team), Doc Preparation Team and ARGO team.
- FIS Loan origination system complete functionality and analysis of various operations performed within the system.
- Requirements for G/L file generation and G/L Reconcilliation for Loan transactions and integration with Frontier Recon system.
- Loan Booking requirements - Disbursement UI design, Screen Mock ups, interacting with several teams such as Reconcilliation team, operations team etc.
- Performed smoke testing and regression testing.
- Helped in migration activities during go-live such as system configuration, data migration etc.
- Provided post migration support that involved defect resolution.
Confidential, McLean, VA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Generated a streamline process to understand the various steps in the loan lifecycle and desired functionality of the new system by interacting with users, management, SME (Subject Matter Expert), stakeholders, lenders, underwriters.
- Extensively worked on home mortgage data. Familiar with HMDA mortgage metrics and variables.
- Interviewed business users to gather requirements and analyzed the feasibility of their needs by coordinating with the project manager a nd technical lead.
- Identified, researched, investigated, analyzed, defined opportunities for business process improvement, documented business processes and initiated efforts to make improvements.
- Contributed to the definition of scope, performed extensive requirement analysis and defined functional specifications.
- Gathered Business requirements, Functional Requirements and Non-functional requirements for TILA/RESPA.
- Assisted the Project Manager in setting realistic Project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly and conducted Project related presentations. Provided business/system support for implementation of Fiserv Unifi Consumer Loan Origination System
- Facilitated Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with SME's in understanding the Requirements pertaining to Loan Origination to Loan Processing.
- Setting up meetings/workshop with client to understand the RESPA HUD guidelines to find out thebusiness requirements.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee of SMEs from various business areas including Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring and Asset Management.
- Prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and used Requisite Pro to manage, analyze, and convert business requirements into functional specifications.
- Conducted and participated in JAD sessions with stakeholders and system users to collect the software requirement specifications (SRS)
- I reviewed HMDA reportable raw loan data for correctness, making corrections before submission
- Documented Business Requirements for the loan origination systems using Rational Requisite Pro for the application.
- RESPA is a compliance intensive project where work involved focus on mapping related queries on two new documents LE and CD which replaced GFE and HUD respectively.
- Used RUP methodology to analyze and translate business requirements into system specifications, communicating with the business on a broader scale and with an in-depth view too.
- Used Rational Rose and UML to produce models like context, use case, sequence, activity etc.
- Used ClearCase to keep different versions of the documents and ClearQuest to report bugs or defect.
- Assisted the PM in setting realistic project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly and conducted project related presentations.
- Assisted in designing test plans, test scenarios and test cases for integration, regression and user acceptance testing (UAT) to improve overall quality of the Application.
Environment: UML, RUP, Windows 2000, Oracle 9i, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, ClearCase, ClearQuest, MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, Java, Web Logic, DB2.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Conducted User Mapping Workshop sessions with the stakeholders, end users and SMEs, to gather an understanding of the vital business processes and identify critical functional requirements for LoanServ system's implementation in relation to the Mortgage Servicing Industry practices and FDIC guidelines
- Involved in creating Test Cases and Use Cases based upon the Business narratives, customization requirements, Functional Requirement Specs (FRS), and Design specs
- Gathered business and technical requirements from the Foreclosure, Loss Mitigation, Loan Origination and IT Ops teams, including developers
- Drafted Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) for the project by linking business requirements, functional specifications and appropriate test cases on MS Excel
- Active role in crafting Dataflow, Business Flow Diagrams and Use Case diagrams using Rational Rose as well as SWOT analysis presented with MS PowerPoint
- Worked using Agile Scrum methodology, actively participating in Backlog Grooming/Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, & Daily Scrum meetings to prioritize Product Backlogs, work on artifacts like Release Backlogs and visualize remaining workload through Burn down charts produced on MS Excel
- Conducted User mapping workshops to breakdown User Stories into tangible tasks and unit measurable items.
- Built a database on MS Access to host data backup files during the transfer stage to the LoanServ system
- Directed workshops and interacted with the stakeholders to gather and prioritize Product Backlogs thus acting as a liaison between the product owners, QA and developer teams
- Developed test plans and test cases for integration, functional and system testing of sprint releases including (integration, black box) for the specific system
- Facilitated Scrum Master in managing and monitoring the estimated effort (LOEs) for release backlogs to be updated in the burn down charts to calculate the burn down velocity
- Worked closely with the Product Owner, SMEs and other stakeholders to identify analyze and break the User Stories into sub-tasks so the Sprint Backlog could be made
Environment: Windows, Agile, MS Excel, Fiserv LoanServ, Rational Req Pro 7.1.2, Rational Rose 7.0, HP ALM/QC 11.0, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS SQL Server 2008
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Key liaison between the business and technical teams in terms of assisting the translation of business requirements in an agile method of development.
- Facilitated the brainstorming sessions and JAD sessions to drive out the functional business requirements.
- Consulting team member focused on updating Mortgage Applications to be in compliance with TILA / RESPA regulation changes.
- Responsible for setting up weekly meeting and walkthrough's for project updates and to detect bottlenecks and devise a plan to handling the bottlenecks.
- Collecting and analyzing data enabling successful program execution. Particular focus will be on building, maintaining, schedules, metrics and dashboards for the program.
- Worked with Site Management and Support Partners to address opportunity areas, provide onsite field support based on RESPA and Company policies
- Important Team member of eDOCS project for the review, implementation & data changes for the eDisclosures sent to the customers at initial& approval packages for Loan origination/Loan IQ.
- Worked with line of business stakeholders for Loan Origination systems to standardize and identify gaps in KYC/KYA questionnaires by carrying out a comparative analysis of the questionnaires for various loan products to facilitate capture of data and risk scoring requirements
- Responsible for providing skilled planning/scheduling support and leadership.
- Create plans & schedules to deliver content/features per the agreed upon Plan of Record (POR)
- Worked closely with Program Managers and engineers to assemble highly credible integrated schedules in a complex development environment. These schedules must comprehend all relevant risks resulting from staffing constraints, dependencies, general integrity of schedules, etc.
- Maintained the above plans in a routine update process. Work closely with engineers, both local and offshore, to manage the detailed schedules.
- Analyzed and evaluated client's planned capital expenditures and its impact on the capital structure. Evaluated the viability of new projects undertaken by clients using DCF models and sensitivity analysis and modeled the impact of these projects on future debt servicing capabilities.
- Created and maintained necessary metrics and dashboards to indicate program status and risks.
- Maintain Plans in MPS, Weekly Tracking and Reporting including internal/External dependency updates.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the Business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the Project Cycle.
- Defined the test criteria and project schedules, and baseline the Test Plan with the help of project meetings, walkthroughs.
- Managed and organized requirement coverage, Test Case Management and Defect Management using Mercury Quality Center.
- Developed Functional Specification Document and Supplementary Specification (non-functional) Document.
- Wrote Test Cases in Mercury Quality center that would test various Test scenarios.
- Worked with developers to make sure that they understood the Use Cases.
- Developed schemas for extraction, transaction, and loading (ETL) using Solonde Warehouse Workbench to expedite data integration between systems.
- Worked with Quaflity Control Teams to develop Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Develop User Manuals, and Training Manuals as per Project Specifications and timelines.
- Assigned groups with weekly/monthly tasks needed to ensure completion of project by maintaining accurate Staffing Model and resource assignment.
- HW Ordering and Tracking as per Tech team requirements
Environment: Windows XP, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook), MS-Project, Share Point and Visio.
Confidential, Cherry Hill, NJ
Business Systems Analyst
- Interacted with the Stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Gathered business requirements, analyzed data/workflows, defined the scope, financial projections and Cost/Benefit analysis, progressed from problem statement to well-documented Designs.
- Identified actors and use cases to create Use Case Diagrams, which described the behavior of the system.
- Data analysis and coordination related to Loss Draft insurance claims on mortgage loans
- Gathered business requirements by interviewing Business and Loan Originating teams for analysis of the underlying data attributes for risk scoring as required by Risk Compliance.
- Conducted JAD sessions for Requirement analysis and Risk analysis studies with various stakeholders including the designers, developers, QAs, and the management staff to identify business critical and high-risk areas of the application.
- Tracked, analyzed and ensured the resolution of the defects collected from different sources and categorized them based on priority.
- Involved in setting up reporting tools and monitoring the reporting functions for the clients using MS Excel.
- Assisted with user testing of systems (User Acceptance Testing), developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring the appropriate documentation. Performed test cases using both positive and negative test case scenario.
- Reviewed Changes and ensured that team is adhering to the Change Management Process.
- Assisted the technical team in documenting FAQs, help manuals and online demo for the new functionalities and provided training for internal users.
- Updated SAS internal state applications to meet new data requirements and reports
Confidential, Dublin, CA
- Utilized Commercial Lending banking application and was responsible for the design and process flow of the system.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee of SMEs from various business areas including Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring and Asset Management.
- Authored functional requirements documents FRD by interacting with development team for improving client's legacy system. call Center reporting enhancements with CTI integration from CCE to Microsoft Dynamics CRM for screen pop and to insert calling/called party information into customer record.
- Implemented new integrated Savings, CD, IRA system; new Leasing system; first Consumer Loan Securitization; numerous acquisitions; new Credit Scoring system; new Commercial Loan Accounting system; new Collections system
- Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database
- Managed the implementation of new hierarchy design into enterprise data warehouse(Teradata)
- Reviewed Stored Procedures for reports and wrote test queries against the source system (SQL Server) to match the results with the actual report against the Data mart (Oracle).
- As part of a team provided assistance with monthly data extractions and imports utilizing Microsoft Access, SQL and Microsoft Excel.
- Worked on MS Excel Macros for creating automatic reports
- Responsible for executing User Interface Testing, System Testing, Data Quality Testing on the configuration design and prototypes.
- Designed and developed Project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, MS Visio, MS Access, Fiserv Unifi, MS Excel, Windows XP, DreamWeaver, SQL, PLSQL, XML, VB, ASP, Crystal Reports, Adobe Photoshop, Mercury TestDirector, WinRunner, LoadRunner