- 7+ years' experience as Business/system Analyst with solid understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling and Business Analysis.
- Specialization in Finance, Banking, Capital Markets and Investment banking.
- Asset management, Fixed income, equities, trading, foreign exchange, derivatives, bond pricing/trading, asset backed mortgages(ABS), Collateralized debt obligations(CDO's)
- Extensive experience in creating Requirements, Use Cases, User Stories, Functional Specs, High Level Design, Data Flows, Business Process Modeling and Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Developed effective working relationship with business users to understand support requirements.
- Proficient in capturing business requirements through a variety of techniques, adept in gathering, developing and documenting Business Requirements Documents (BRD's) using Rational Unified Process(RUP)
- Expertise in identifying, developing and documenting business and Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS), System Design Specification (SDS), System Requirement Specification (SRS), organizing one - on-one discussions, workshops, JAD, Project planning, presentation skills, resolving issues and conflicts.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with end-users, Subject Matter Experts (SME's), Development and QA teams.
- Performed SIT testing and End-to-End testing for full functionalities of the application.
- Utilization and understanding of analysis & design tools, Iterative development cycle, UML, RUP, SOA, Water fall and Agile & Scrum Methodologies.
- Extensive experience with process modeling using UML diagrams like Activity diagrams and Use Case diagrams, Data Flow Diagram and Flowchart.
- Skilled in conducting GAP analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Determining Project scope, conducting the risk assessment approach and cost benefit analysis.
- Hands on experience on Quality Center.
- Workday consulting expertise to stakeholders/clients to include operational functionality as well as future initiatives to support processes
- Excellent communication and Presentation skills.
- Experience in understanding database structures and write SQLs
- Exceptional problem solving and sound decision-making capabilities, recognized by alternative solutions, and confident, accurate, decision-making coupled with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent track record for meeting deadlines and submitting deliverables on time and expert at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Agile Project Management
- Have exposure in educating internal customers on business systems and procedures and working with other analysts and QA team to set priorities and schedules.
- Good Experience in Customer Migrations/Data Integrations.
- Experience in writing and reviewing Test Cases and Test Plans; and performing User Acceptance Testing
- Good at learning new technologies and systems that are organization/project specific
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, always willing to work in challenging and cross-platform environment.
Documentation Tools: UML, MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project), MS Visio, Erwin
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Iterative, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Spiral, Agile, Scrum and Kanban
Modeling Tools: UML, MS Visio, Erwin, Power Designer
Reporting Tools: Business Objects X IR2, Crystal Reports, MS Office Suite 2013, PPT
QA Tools: Quality Center, Test Director, Win Runner, Load Runner, QTP, Rational Requisite Pro, Bugzilla, Clear Quest, JIRA, ServiceNow, Selenium
Languages: Java, VB, SQL, HTML, XML, UML, ASP, JSP
Databases & OS: MS SQL Server, Oracle 10g, DB2, MS Access on Windows XP / 2000, Unix Version Control Rational Clear Case, Visual Source Safe
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Actively participated in HLBR sessions for gathering requirements
- Organized review meetings with various LOBs (stakeholders) and finalized the Business Requirement Document
- Used MS Visio for high level design and business process modeling with Use cases
- Prepared the Approach document or Functional Requirement Document (Use Cases) by coordinating with IT team
- Negotiated and secured permanent display execution with major CPG retailer which will lead to ~$2,000,000 in annual revenue
- Serving a Single Point of Contact for Clients with respect to any escalations, requirement clarifications (in SWIFT Messages)
- Executed large-scale organization transformations and redesigns that elevated operational output and efficiency. Facilitated the use of new and innovative change management tools and techniques to drive organizational and cultural change in complex environments.
- Spearheaded the development of custom solutions for CPG and Pharma clients among internal teams, including collaborative brainstorming and driving coordination & process among content team, consumer analytics, specialist teams and sales
- Gathered business requirements for various SWIFT Messages keeping in mind the SWIFT Standards (for optional and mandatory fields) and the custodian requirements
- Expense forecaster for the top-tier card product, Chase Prestige. Annual expenses of $50MM requiring external relationship management with third-parties, including: MasterCard, Concierge vendors, American Airlines and Priority Pass; the marque 4th Night Free benefit usage increased 8X across 2 years, requiring several multi-layer deep dives into customer profitability and changes to the portfolio characteristics
- Provided expertise or general claims support by investigating, negotiating, processing and adjusting claims.
- Worked extensively in understanding the business rules and defining requirement specs, technical specs and mapping documents from staging to data warehousing, data mart, and reporting needs to the end user community in Mortgage Backed Securities and Commitments, Debt and Derivatives and Capital Markets.
- Performed requirement gathering and knowledge extraction about the Investment banking and Capital markets using both formal and informal sessions through interviews, audio/video conferencing, JAD sessions and conference calls.
- Analyzed the solution for implementing core banking system integrated with banks in house developed sub systems with a focus to: Reduce paper work, automate most processes Meet Central Bank Requirements and address Central Bank audit Issues, Migrate several work around products from Bank Master to Intellect
- Facilitated Agile adoption retrospective meetings with the different teams and senior management.
- Completed projects on time and within the agreed acceptance criteria in a hybrid environment as the team was transitioning to an Agile Methodology.
- Performed requirement analysis by gathering both functional and nonfunctional requirements based on interactions with the Product Managers and SME’s who gave the customer’s real-time feedback about the Commercial and Investment banking and capital markets.
- Drive various internal strategic initiatives regarding new and existing capital markets solutions, providing the business development team with market research and analysis.
- Elicited and managed complex requirements using Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Helped to create and translate User Stories to define the functions the system must provide, and to facilitate requirements management.
- Participated on technology adoption change management teams and collaborated with information technology developers and key project stakeholders to identify, develop and implement tools that improved the efficiency of current business operations
- Customization of form design and layout for various ITIL process for Incident Management, Problem Management, Knowledge Management, Change Management, Asset Management and Service Catalog.
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), involved in various phases like Requirements, Analysis/Design, Development and Testing
- Developed ETL processes extracted data daily from Mainframe DB2 and ORACLE Databases, and loaded data into a SAS based Decision Support Warehouse
- Advanced SQL skills with ability to code complex queries to load, clean, format & store data.
- Software enhancements to "Intellect"- the key Product offering, Designing business solutions for requirements
- Responded to RFPs on Intellect Core Banking
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamic CRM 2013, 2015 and 2016. Entity, Views, Web resources, Ribbon, Chart, configuration and Customization, integration with MS SharePoint 2010, 2013 and MS Outlook.
- Good understanding of SDLC, Project Planning, Inspection and Reviews, Requirements gathering and analysis.
- Experience in MS CRM Data Integration towards import/export of data using SSIS and Custom application development.
- Extensively used Plugins Registration Tool to register C# plugins & Custom Workflow Activities in CRM.
- Managed the successful deployment of a large scale and complex Corporate Data warehousing/Business Intelligence reporting project using full SDLC to establish the first real OLAP function within the corporation. Managed the project from scope definition, reporting requirements gathering, data modeling, business rule spreadsheet development, ETL design and development, and system testing, to the reporting implementation.
- Developed RESTful Web API services, using ASP.NET Web API as backend service
- Tested internal web-application tools used by the PPT team
- Requirements Management: Applied innovative XML, RIF, RPE, ReqIF and DXL concepts to enable DOORS and PTC Integrity MKS requirement review, analysis and transfer.
- Prepared for GAP Analysis; identified and documented improving areas to meet capital markets requirement regulations.
- VB.Net and Windows API to manage Windows System interactions affecting playback
- Coordinates/executes testing and capture results across multiple testing phases, including CIT, SIT, UAT and Regression
- Involved in implementation of various modules of Workday HCM (Payroll, Compensation Benefits, Performance management, Time Management)
- Maintained day to day responsibilities for the Integrations across HR, and Finance to gain maximum efficiency from the various modules.
- Developed integrations (Inbound/Outbound) using, Workday Studio, Document Transformation (DT), Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB)
- Designed and coded integrations using EIB (Enterprise Integration Builder), Studio, Web Service technologies (XML, XSLT, XSD)
- Developed a suite of in-house applications written in .NET with SQL Server
- Lead enhancement projects like International Assignment change and Job Architecture change, performed impact Analysis on all the integrations, created global calculated fields and did integration changes.
- Part of Global Payroll Project teams, performed enhancements to the Payroll integrations
- Experience in creating presentations for senior executives
- Hands on experience with Agile, Scrum & waterfall methodology
- Prepared Process Flow Diagram using Microsoft Visio
- Conducted the project meetings successfully by coordinating all users, technical staff and support personnel
- Supported in QA testing and implementation of business solutions throughout the Software Development Life cycle.
Environment: Agile, Windows 8, Oracle Database, Java, MS Excel, Jira, Workday, Power Designer, API, JustinMind, Smart Draw, MS Visio, MS SharePoint.
Confidential, Stamford, CT
- Performed Business Analysis functions with focus on SDLC methodology for Market Data Group
- Analyzed and monitored business requirements on static and price data for Equities, Cash and Derivative products
- Plan and develop new business and task order proposals; develop pricing models/exhibits for proposal opportunities of varying complexity including Basis of Estimate (BOE) inputs, competitive data, should-cost analysis, and submission files.
- Develop and maintain cost volume proposal schedule for pricing, contracts, subcontracts, and operations, including cost reviews; simultaneously manage multiple cost/price proposal responses.
- Identified stakeholders of the project; prepared interview questionnaire for requirement elicitation on Capital markets, Asset management, Commercial and retail banking; interviewed SMEs and documented requirements.
- Defined, Analyzed, Clarified, Interpreted, and Translated detailed business requirements and created BRD and FRD
- Developed the online reporting module using VB.Net.
- Managed the Enterprise Data Warehouse team in the full system development life cycle (SDLC) projects from initiation, planning, analysis, construction and implementation to the close of the project to support the Office of Research and Analysis to develop the risk model.
- Created Current State Study, Project Briefs and Functional Specifications documents for system enhancements/product data enrichment and obtained sign-offs
- Interfaced with users through face-to-face and telephonic meetings/conferences and managed their expectations
- Served as a liaison with business representatives and developers
- Interacted with IT personnel in Front Office and Back Office
- Maintained data quality and integrity for mission critical securities (Equities and Fixed Income) master databases accessed by over 100 downstream applications
- Developed process flowcharts and User Manuals for Data Support function
- Performed complete database field mapping for sourcing data from alternate systems in case of decommissioning of a legacy system
- Participated in UAT and developed test cases for unit testing based on functional specifications.
- Involved in ASP.NET integration with MS CRM using CURD Operations, Query Expressions, Fetch XML, Query by Attribute.
Environment: Spreadsheets, MS Visio, MS office, Quality center, SQL 2008, .Net.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Applied RUP methodology and conducted brainstorming sessions to understand the client specifications and requirements
- Identified and analyzed issues and risks, and recommended solutions to minimize impacts by risk tracking
- Documented the business process through Business Requirement Document and Functional Requirement Specification document
- Conducted weekly meetings with the clients to review functional specifications and resolve open issues
- Involved in Gap analysis requiring the identification of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, requirements and assumptions
- Analyzed the various parameters that had to be accounted such as for Market Risk (1-day VaR, 10 day holding period VaR, etc) and for Credit risk
- Modeled the risks in Excel spreadsheet and performed sensitivity analysis and shared this document with the Traders and the technical team to facilitate more efficient communication
- Develop and control meetings and trade show budgeting, expenses and financials
- Manage all vendor negotiations for ICPI meetings. Build and maintain relationships with all meeting vendors
- Managed requirements & defects through quality center
- Supported in QA testing and implementation of business solutions throughout the Software Development Life cycle
Environment: Spreadsheets, MS Visio, MS office, Quality center, SQL 2005/2008
- Served as a liaison between the IT development team and the appropriate operational teams within the organization.
- Provided a broad spectrum of Confidential 's ERP operations and functional knowledge to the most complex situations.
- Involved in design and development of on-premise application using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013, SDK, Java script, VS 2012, C#, ASP.NET and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Played a critical role in the solution design, configuration, process engineering and roll out of ERP business solutions
- Understood the end to end business process thoroughly to bring innovative solutions to business problems
- Elicit and analyzed business level and detailed requirements to ensure successful solutions are pursued
- Worked closely with the business and developers to define solutions
- Developed functional specifications, solution testing and ensuring acceptance testing
- Documented gaps and proposes options for "work-around" (alternative processes).
- Escalate to product development resources as appropriate
- Prepared instructional manuals or job aids, data setup requirements, flows and procedures as documentation for ERP business system changes / projects.
- Developed training documentation and trains end-users.
- Provided both functional & technical end user support. (Level 2).
- Created business architecture models demonstrating how products, operations, and systems interoperate within the organization.
- Worked closely with technical staff to validate business requirements and expectations.
Environment: Agile Scrum Methodology, Smart Draw, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS SQL Server, .Net
Business Process Associate
- Played an active role in gathering, analyzing and documenting the Business Requirements, the business rules and Technical Requirements from the Business Group and the Technological Group.
- Documented the Business Requirement Document to get a better understanding of client's business processes of both the projects using the Agile methodology.
- Developed several COM components using VB.NET
- Co-ordinated with the onsite QA Team members to explain and develop the Test Plans, Test cases, Test and Evaluation strategy and methods for unit testing, functional testing and usability testing.
- Worked closely with technical staff to validate business requirements and expectations.
- Documented and maintained the project management documents such as project charter and scope, project management plan, project plan, risk mitigation plan, communication plan, resource plan, schedules, team roles and responsibilities, production support plan.
- Report weekly project status to stakeholders, identifying project risks and co-ordinate risk resolution by determining mitigations and contingencies.