- Business Analyst with over 8 years of extensive experience in requirements analysis, and business process improvement, including work/process flow analysis, functional analysis and documentation.
- Solid Experience in documentation of User Requirements, as well as organizing interviews, User meetings, workshops, JAD sessions and requirement elicitation sessions
- Proficient in business process modeling, documentation, and testing using Rational Suite (Rational Rose, RequisitePro, ClearQuest, Robot) as well as MS Visio.
- Expertise in reviewing Test Procedures, creating Test plans, defining System & Integration Test Cases, executing Test Cases, Test Data reviewing and maintaining and executing detailed Test scripts for User Acceptance Testing (UAT), analyzing bugs.
- Expert Microsoft Excel support for business with services such as macros, pivot tables, Vlookups, templates, charts and graphs, automation.
- In - depth knowledge of business analysis modeling using UML Diagrams such as use case diagrams, class diagrams, activity diagrams and sequence diagrams using Rational suite and Microsoft Visio.
- Creation, Adaptation and Deployment of Software Development Methodologies such as Agile Methodologies, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Spiral Method.
- Worked with developers to communicate the critical defects for quick remediation and helped technical team to understand the business problems
Business Analysis: Rational Unified Process (RUP), COTS methodologies, Agile development methodologies, Universal Modeling Language (UML), process engineering/ reengineering, RAD/JAD, requirements analysis, systems analysis, use case development, system development life cycle
Business Analysis Tools: Rational RequisitePro, Rational DOORS, Rational ClearQuest, Rational ClearCase, Enterprise Architect, Business Process Modeler.
Workflow Tools: MS Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Confidential, Charleston, WV
- Analyze and define business objectives and strategies utilizing business process reengineering, workflow development and analysis, and other related methodologies.
- Review existing documentation, procedures, processes, so that the Business Analyst can be conversant in the assigned subject matter. This may also entail working alongside Agency subject matter experts to learn the details of certain workflows.
- Identify and document new business requirements derived from any change to project scope and/or legislative changes (state and federal).
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into process details generalize low-level information to form an overall subject matter understanding, and interpret business user requests to distinguish between actual business needs and user wishes.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver documentation including, but not limited to, functional requirements, use cases, design specifications, etc.
- Work in multiple functional business areas simultaneously (multi-task)
- Drive and challenge business areas on their assumptions by determining the reasons for requested process changes and evaluate whether the proposed changes can be implemented and at what cost relative to the perceived benefit.
- Serve as the liaison between the customer community (internal and external customers), business units, technical staff, and the Project team.
- Collaborate with the Project Team to analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Analyze laws and regulations that govern business or technical areas and ascertain the significance to business or technical units. This would include understanding how proposed regulatory changes may positively or negatively impact these units.
- Assist in the creation of test plans and training materials and execution of testing and training relevant to the Agency’s needs.
- Coordinate with various project resources to ensure all requirements are incorporated into the project and implemented as intended.
- Assist Agency technical staff by using acquired subject matter knowledge to identify potential issues that may affect data migration.
Environment:: Microsoft Office 2013 Professional (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc.), Microsoft SharePoint, UML, RUP, UAT, SQL, PL/SQL, Neo Track, Clear Case
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
- Involved in Analyzing the Legacy System to understand the business process and rules.
- Interacted with Subject Matter Experts through JAD sessions to gather Business Requirements to be converted to the Functional Requirements Specification Document for designing the new system.
- Responsible for creating Use Case Narratives derived from the Business requirements.
- Conducted reviews with the SMEs to obtain sign off on requirements.
- Actively involved in walkthroughs and meetings with development team to discuss project related issues.
- Involved in drafting System and Business Process Rules for different components of the system.
- Assisted Development Team by conducting Unit Tests and Smoke Tests.
- Responsible for running ETL jobs to migrate data from Configure Tool tables to Library Tables.
- Interacted with the Integration and Testing team to ensure the testers understand the requirements.
- Responsible for creating Test Plans & Test Scripts and execute them.
- Acted as a point person for the business to help them conduct the UAT Testing.
- Supported Production Checkouts of the system during various Implementations.
- Involved in Triaging the issues discovered after the Implementation.
- Also, participated in Performance Testing to help Development Team analyze the system performance.
- Provided feedback to the Development team to facilitate modifications necessary to meet business requirements.
Environment: Windows XP, Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, Microsoft Office Suite, MS Visio, MS Visual Source Safe, JRE v1.4.2, Ajax, IBM DB2, HTTP Viewer
Confidential, Washington DC
- Responsible for Requirements Gathering from Subject Matter Experts and Business Partners.
- Responsible for Gathering Requirements Future state and design a Deployment Diagram for the future state.
- Involved in standardizing all the artifacts that will be created.
- Involved in creating the Project plan and the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) using Microsoft Project.
- Responsible for creating the template for Use Case document.
- Involved in Analyzing the ‘As Is’ System by creating Business Process Diagram and Creating the Use Case Diagram to depict all the functionalities of the system.
- Involved in writing the Use Case Document for the ‘as is’ System.
- Conducted periodic reviews with the project stakeholders to obtain sign off on requirements and synchronize the team tasks.
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix to trace the requirements back to the Features.
Environment: Microsoft .Net, Visual Studio.Net, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visio, MS SQL.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Researched and documented as-Is processes, defined To-Be processes, identified gaps and impacts to different groups and systems.
- Defined and developed Scope Document and Project Charter. Developed the Requirements Management Plan
- Gathered user and business requirements through open-ended discussions, prototyping and observation of the compliance department and work environment
- Documented the user requirements, analyzed & prioritized and converted them as system requirements that must be included while developing the software.
- Interacted with Project Manager, Users, Developers and other resources in understanding the requirements and writing universe, report specifications.
- Conducted iterations and communicated results and milestone achievements to the stakeholders while keeping the developers closely updated on all documented refinements.
- Conducted walkthroughs with the end users and stakeholders to gather the modification requests from the user to upgrade or change the business specifications for the product and ensured that the developers were updated.
- Created and maintained a project schedule using MS Project showing all the deliverables target dates.
- Created and maintained complete development plans that included functional specifications, requirements engineering, Use Case modeling, risk assessment and mitigation, internal and external workflow.
- Authored progress and completion reports, which were then submitted to project management on a weekly basis in MS Project. Documented the deviations from the original specifications.
- Developed strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Communicate any final adjustments required based on user feedback, usability or deployment issues to the development/implementation team and provide feasible solutions for the same.
- Helped in creating end user manuals and procedure manuals post testing/deployment.
- Created active risk mitigation and management plan and tracked the same using progress reports in weekly basis.
- Created design document UML diagrams and Microsoft Visio.
- Created Quality Management plans and test plans.
- Automated Test script using Win Runner. The concept was based on the requirements analysis of all the parties involved and developing use cases for all the integrated processes involved in the system.
- Used Win Runner to approve a complete set of UAT test scripts.
Environment: MS Visio, RUP, UML, Win Runner, Microsoft SQL server 2000, MS Project, Microsoft office 2000, Web Logic, Oracle 8i, Windows 2000 Operating System, Load Runner and Test Director.