- Business Analyst with 7+ years of extensive experience in Finance Industry.
- Excellent experience with defining and scoping business areas, eliciting requirements, identifying solutions and verifying that the proposed solution meets the requirements.
- Extensive experience in all phases of Software Development and Testing Life Cycle such as Agile models with Scrum.
- Experienced in Scrum Practices like User Stories, Story Slicing, Backlog Grooming, Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Spring Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Excellent experience in supporting the product manager in maintaining the product backlog and scheduling next release.
- Excellent experience in conducting weekly sprint planning meeting with the developers and quality assurance analysts to review user story, assign story points and assign cards to a respective sprint.
- Good emphasis on Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Retrospective meetings.
- Performed GAP Analysis documenting variances and suggesting steps to overcome the gaps in IT and business process besides feasibility studies.
- Experience in using MS Office extensively (Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point, Outlook, and Project) for calculations, graphs, analysis, presentation and documentation throughout the project.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries and prepared custom reports and performed SQL query, data analysis and verification on MS Excel.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, stored procedures and data validation using SQL.
- Extensive experience in creating and maintaining source to target data mapping documents.
- Gained in - depth knowledge in Data Modelling and Data Architecture Definition. Analyzed industry wide data models, systems and ETL processing.
- Prioritized and tracked defects using Bug tracking tool Jira and TFS.
- Expertise in various types of testing including unit, integration, functional, system and performance testing.
- Created Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Test Strategies to ensure Quality Assurance and to test all the business requirements.
- Strong experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documentation of Test Cases. Expertise in designing and developing Test Plans and Test Scripts.
- Strong experience in managing the testing phase of product life cycle with knowledge of various types of testing including A/B testing, Integration testing, regression testing, etc.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to tailor presentations towards different functional areas of business.
- Experienced in working with Cross Functional Teams and interacting with all levels of management for requirements, resources and project status and delivering custom applications in phases. Also assisted the Project Manager throughout the software development process.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, Work independently as well as with the team.
Confidential - Philadelphia, PA
- Elicited and gathered user and business requirements through open ended discussions, brainstorming and prototyping.
- Plan and lead multiple business applications and software releases over multiple sprints and products releases using Agile Methodology.
- Used Scrum Practices like documenting User Stories, facilitating Story Point discussions to analyze the level of effort on project specifications.
- Performed Story Mapping creating epics, themes, and top level user stories with acceptance criteria meeting stakeholder's needs & focused toward developers.
- Facilitation of Agile/Scrum rituals. (Standups, backlog grooming, sprint planning, demos retrospectives).
- Tracking team sprint metrics (velocity, burndown, story estimation accuracy).
- Writing detailed user scenarios/stories.
- Managing client expectations on a sprint-to-sprint basis.
- Created and maintained Product and Sprint backlogs and monitored to ensure regular updates of activities/tasks.
- Created AS-IS and TO-BE business process flow diagrams, Integrate process flow diagrams to show end-to-end business model and business process mapping exercise including swim lanes.
- Prepared Business Process Models, which included modeling of all activities of the business from conceptual to procedural level.
- Defined requirements for new ERP system (MS Dynamics)
- Perform UAT at different stages of project.
- Created data flow diagrams, user stories.
- Assist with UX planning by providing workflow diagrams and insuring wireframes and designs meet with project requirements.
- Developed standard requirements for cap deals for customers in MS Dynamics
- Responsible for key metrics, KPIs, progress status, and created custom analysis and reports.
- Defined test goals for sprints, conducted various Agile and Scrum meetings and also enhanced Agile Process.
- Created test plan, test cases and test scripts and followed agile development process.
- Generated Use Case Models, identified actors and use cases to facilitate the development of Use Case Specification documents.
- Created and maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experience in Project tracking, management, and reporting using MS Project and in doing presentations and recommendations to plant heads and corporate management.
- Analyzed customer data, data elements and applicable data integrity.
- Retrieved Data using SQL queries and did Data Mapping and Data analysis.
- Design and implement basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation.
- Responsible for logging defects, monitoring their status and tracking them to closure using Jira
- Performed manual testing and created test case and organized test plans & test cases.
- Wrote extensively SQL scripts for validating the data generated by the UATs.
Confidential - Detroit, MI
- Asked detailed questions and noted the requirements to understand business rules, business process, business flow, stakeholders, and follow the SDLC standard of the business in project meeting.
- Facilitation and utilization of Agile/Scrum methodology across internal and external development teams.
- Analyzed and designed current business processes and proposed solution for business process re-engineering throughout the process mapping lifecycle.
- Epic and User story creation.
- Lead and facilitated the 4 main meetings of Agile Scrum: Daily scrum, release and sprint planning meetings, sprint review meetings, and retrospectives.
- Helped Prioritize and plan requirements for sprints in the Product backlog including requirements base lining and management of requirements conflicts.
- Developed training materials and deliver Agile/Scrum training.
- Performed and influenced agile estimating and planning techniques.
- Document Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) for traceability of requirements (epics, user stories, test cases).
- Improved UX (redesigned interface of the application).
- Create UI concepts and wireframes.
- Conduct system functional walk-through presentation after each sprint with the SMEs.
- Prepare detailed test scripts, test plans and assisted in integration testing.
- Responsible for tracking issues that are detected and updating the status of existing issues based on the daily scrum meetings.
- Created and updated Project Track Plan Slides via MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Excel, and MS Visio.
- Prepared presentation slides in MS Power Point to track progress.
- Data modelling and analysis using SQL, MS Access and MS Excel.
- Writing Complex SQL queries and optimizing SQL Queries.
- Performed Data Analysis of existing data through SQL.
- Worked to create Data Mapping Documents and worked with business to write transformation rules through SQL.
- Worked on Team Foundation Server (TFS) for accessing requirements/ user stories, test cases and logging defects.
- Managed and tracked Requirements, Test case, Test Plan, Test Lab, and Defects using TFS.
- Worked with team members in development of Test plan and Test Cases based on Business Requirements and Required Documents.
- Performed data mapping and GAP analysis between legacy and the MS Dynamics AX system.
- Created test scripts and conducted Functionality, Security, Positive, Negative, Browser Compatibility, Data driven and User Acceptance Testing.
Confidential - Saint Petersburg, FL
- Analyze, elicit, and document user stories for each functional area.
- Ensured User Stories were consistent and covered all aspects of the Requirements.
- Created and maintained Sprint Burn-down Chart, Sprint Burn-up Chart, Product Release Chart, White Board to keep track of the team's progress and the team's velocity for better estimation of the sprints.
- Created JIRA stories and bugs to bring transparency into sprints.
- Prepared business process models of business activities spanning from conceptual to procedural levels; logical data models containing set of diagrams and supporting documents containing the essential business elements, detailed definitions, and descriptions of the relationships between the data elements for the analysis and documentation of business data requirements.
- Communicated requirements, architectures and designs using Unified Modeling Language (UML) to create use cases, activity diagrams.
- Worked project management tools like MS Project for status reporting and planning.
- Performed data Gap analysis for understanding the needs of various elements of structured finance department as found on the core form.
- Collaborated with UI/UX designers to design wireframes for new products.
- Understanding of Data Integration, Data Warehousing, Data Modelling to ensure correct implementation.
- Extensively queried the SQL Server database using SQL to conduct data analysis.
- Created Data Mapping Documents and worked with business to write transformation rules and UAT testing plans.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation.
- Used Jira tool for issue tracking, bug tracking and other deliverables following the Agile / Scrum methodology.
- Developed Test Strategy to reflect the changes. Participated in formulation of the test strategy and execution of test strategy.
- Involved in gathering requirements for different solicitations and business processes and write test cases and test scripts.
- Interacted with stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gathered business requirements and documented them.
- Conducting Scrum Ceremonies-Sprint planning, daily scrum, and sprint review and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Identify the requirements that go in each sprint, collect them in the sprint backlog and collecting and managing the requirements that are not part of the current sprint into the product backlog.
- Facilitate and ran project Scrum meetings each morning, work towards resolving any roadblocks the team might encounter within the sprint.
- Identify and prioritize the backlog items with stakeholders and technical team.
- Analyze and document the user stories including the user story name, description, wireframe prototype, and test scenarios.
- Involved in identifying data for testing purposes. Integrated testing was performed to check if the flow of applications was smooth.
Confidential - Saint Paul, MN
- Manages the product backlog (grooming, prioritization and refinement), working day-to-day with the product Agile/Scrum teams to clarify requirements balance the business needs with technical requirements.
- Document user stories, creating process flows, wireframes and mockups.
- Utilizing Agile Process for streamlining the team development activities.
- Participated in all major SCRUM ceremonies: Stand up, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Created user stories, broke down epics, worked with team to determine points in JIRA.
- Responsible for gathering requirements from users and SMEs.
- Conducted GAP Analysis after analyzing AS-IS business process and the TO-BE business process.
- Performed business process re-engineering by analyzing the business requirements and changes in work flow.
- Initiated and validated changes and facilitated new user training sessions and provide user support for the application after project release.
- Created different UML diagrams like Use Cases and activity diagram using Visio.
- Used MS Visio for Process modeling and Business Process flow diagrams.
- Created the project organization chart; involved in resource planning, selection, training, management and appraisals of staff.
- Worked with UX engineers to provide mockups and prototypes.
- Gather requirements and translate into business processes as well as UI wireframes.
- Performed requirement analysis including data analysis and GAP analysis.
- Worked with the developers assisting them in writing SQL queries for validating data.
- Created Data Mapping Documents and worked with business to write transformation rules and UAT testing plans.
- Managed requirements through Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Used Jira for bug tracking and reporting.