- Certified Scrum Master working in a dual role as Business Analyst and Scrum Master for 2 offshore teams for past 4 years
- Coached offshore teams on Scrum principles and encouraged to follow Scrum values
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem solving environment
- Known for valuing project success and responding to change over following plans and processes
- Assisted team in removing impediments by having an understanding of control and release processes.
- Known for getting work done without dictating tasks
- Experienced Business Systems Analyst with over 8 years of experience in IT industry.
- Experience in working in various software development methodologies like Agile, Rational Unified Process and Waterfall
- Ability to perform analysis of user requirements to produce specifications for the creation of new software products and maintenance of existing applications.
- Extensive experience in analyzing and documenting business requirements and system functional specifications including use cases.
- Excellent knowledge in the analysis and designing of system applications and business processes.
- Familiar with SQL scripting from data analysis perspective.
- Experience in conducting Gap analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Cost benefit and ROI analysis.
- Experience working on onshore - offshore model.
- Experience in process modeling using Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams/Process Flow Diagrams.
- Strong ability to capture requirements through JAD sessions, interviews and visioning sessions
- Experience in developing and managing detailed project plans to include resources, tasks, requirements, milestones, and review points.
- Extremely diligent, independent as well as team player with the ability to lead projects and multitask between multiple clients and projects.
- Self-motivated person with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both oral and written with attention to details.
- Experience in providing end user training.
Business & System Analysis: Agile, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall (SDLC)
Process/System Mapping: MS Visio, Rational Suite - Clear Case, Clear Quest, RequisitePro.
Modeling tools: UML modeling, Rational Rose
Project Documentation: MS Project, MS Office 2010, MS Visio 2010, MS SharePoint 2010
Testing Tools: Test Manager, MTM, HP Quality Center
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP/7 Enterprise, MAC OS-X
Languages: C, C++, Java, MS SQL, HTML
Confidential, Westchester, IL
Business Systems Analyst/ Scrum Master
- Performing Scrum Master and Business Analyst roles for 2 offshore teams
- Perform Scrum ceremonies for 2 offshore teams.
- Co-ordinate and collaborate meetings between Development team, Product Owner and stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate and collaborate with other Scrum teams to achieve product goal
- Assist team in becoming a successful Agile team by encouraging team to adopt Scrum values.
- Assist team in removing impediments during the Sprint.
- Ensure that a shippable product is delivered at the end of each Sprint.
- Assist Product Owner in laying out release plan.
- Assist Product Owner to prioritize user stories to meet product milestones and deadlines.
- Work with Product Owner and Development team to effectively groom user stories in next Sprint
- Work with Product Owner to create backlog of user stories for future Sprints.
- Conduct Retrospective sessions and ensure the action plans that come out of Retrospective are followed in next sprint.
- Work closely with Product Owners to create and document user stories and bugs for project needs that come out of Visioning phase.
- Serve as liaison between key business areas and IT project teams (Application Development and QA) to ensure the resulting products/applications support the business needs.
- Work with project team stakeholders to facilitate project definition and authorization.
- Track team progress from Discovery to Release Hardening using TFS
- Conduct visioning meetings with Product Owners and stakeholders for gathering requirements
- Suggest solutions or work around (until the issue is fixed) to users and document the solution in TFS.
- Conduct user story- acceptance criteria walk-through with Business, Development and QA team.
- Coach on-shore and off-shore teams on existing application behavior and what changes/fixes Business wants to be implemented.
- Create and analyze reports such as Financial Reports, Buyer Reports, Sale Reports, etc.
Environment: Windows 7, Windows 10, MS Office 2010, MS Visio 2010, MS Excel 2010, MS SharePoint 2007, Android, iOS, Scrum Methodology, VB .Net., Team Foundation Server (TFS), SQL Server 2012.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Understand clients’ current implementation by using client production system.
- Understand clients’ need for building future application and recommend solutions to their problems.
- Gather requirements for clients’ future reports and mappers for Commercial Card platform using JAD sessions.
- Create Business Requirement Document and Functional Requirement Document for the new platform.
- Create usecases and wireframes for each functionality in the new system.
- Work with the client to ensure their requirements, current as well as future, are documented.
- Accurately map legacy database table fields with new database table fields.
- Work with IT leads to identify any risks or impacts the migration might have on each individual client and come up with risk mitigation strategies.
- Perform thorough analysis and set client expectations for full conversion of clients’ migration platform.
- Respond to client inquiries regarding various reports, interface, website management and cardholder setup.
- Help client set-up their site and help understand the benefits of the new system over the legacy system.
- Work with the Client’s IT team to ensure the Client’s existing interface files and reports are rebuilt or replaced with standard files as a part of the migration project.
- Preserve customized format of client set-up at the time of migration to new platform.
- Work with JPMorgan’s internal IT team to develop clients’ associated files/reports.
- Work with JPMorgan and clients’ analyst to ensure smooth transmission of files to be delivered.
- Work with Change Control Board (CCB) to analyze client requested changes to the application.
- Setup weekly calls with clients to understand clients comfort level with the new system and address any issues they might be facing during sandbox training.
- Assist client in understanding their future application by giving them a walkthrough of the application in sandbox.
- Work with UAT Team in testing the files, reports, mappers, layout of the website and various client specific requirements to ensure the quality and accuracy of the interface before Go-Live.
- Follow-up with the clients after Go-Live to ensure all the objects are migrated properly and check if the client has any issues such as setup for roles, reports, report cycles, mapper cycles, report and mapper formats, hierarchy, chart of accounts, missing cardholders and login issues.
- Update milestone for each client as it progresses through software lifecycle.
- Close the client migration report after 45 days of warranty period, if the client has no issues or escalations.
Environment: Windows 7, Java, MS Office 2010, MS Visio 2010, MS Excel 2010, MS SharePoint 2007, MS Access, Agile methodology, HP Application Lifecycle Management.
Confidential, Petersburg, FL
- Conducted Business Process Modeling/Design sessions to analyze and understand current business processes
- Facilitated business process improvement discussion to go over business process gaps/issues and come up with solutions to improve efficiency
- Captured requirements for web portal consumer application.
- Built excellent relationships with product owners, subject matter experts as well as application developers.
- Analyzed the requirements documented by earlier company involved in the project and made required modifications.
- Researched impacts of the changes that might affect future applications and communicated impacts as well as solutions to Business.
- Designed wireframes for Admin application and Cardholder application.
- Gave a walk-through of use cases and UIs to the development and testing team.
- Researched for missing information such as web services as well as columns in database tables and communicated to the client to ensure they were added before development.
- Created and maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Reviewed prototype for Cardholder and Admin application.
- Demonstrated the prototype to client and gathered their feedback.
- Conducted UAT for Cardholder and Admin application.
- Kept track of onshore-offshore efforts comprising of 10 team members working on both applications.
- Managed and monitored the progress of both Admin and Cardholder projects and gathered updates during weekly status meetings.
- Determined gaps in Admin application that could impact the design of Cardholder site.
- Co-ordinated efforts between onshore and offshore development and SQA teams.
- Ensured all the changes were documented as future enhancements.
- Create training manual for Admin application that will help SMEs while building websites for credit unions as well as assist credit union to provide better service to their cardholders.
Environment: Windows 7 Enterprise, Java Wicket, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS SharePoint, SQL Navigator, HTML, CMS (Content Management System), Agile methodology.
Confidential, South Barrington, IL
Technical Business Analyst
- Captured client requirements for ARS Customer Service Call Center application.
- Analyzed the data for each partner that will be needed to be converted into the new application.
- Created detailed technical specifications and data flow diagrams to map the data from the legacy application/database to the new application/database.
- Designed wireframes for the application using MS Visio.
- Specified technical requirements for application and processes and create high level technical designs based on business and functional requirements, and systems architecture
- Initiated discussions and advocated a common approach to application and data management and procedure and process definitions.
- Analyzed business requirements to determine data processing flow, testing scenarios and user requirements
- Communicated the objectives of the project to the technical team and business team.
- Prepared data mapping documents for migration from legacy database to new databases.
- Wrote SQL queries to look for required data as well as to filter out non-required data.
- Documented and communicated data definitions, proper usage, and security standards.
- Designed screens for the ARS intranet Customer Service Call Center application.
- Supported and contributed to integration, functional and UA testing
- Facilitated interviews/meetings and other information gathering sessions
Environment: Windows 2000/XP, J2EE, MS Office 2007, MS Visio 2007, MS Excel 2007, MS SharePoint 2007, SQL Navigator, HP Quality Center, Agile methodology.
Business Systems Analyst
- Interacted with Business Users and conducted user interviews/JAD sessions with relevant business Units and developers for requirement clarification and brainstorming.
- Worked as an interface between the users and different teams involved in the application development for better understanding of business.
- Created and maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix to ensure there were no orphan requirements.
- Corrected the application manual according to the business workflow and analyzed software requirements and specifications documents.
- Responsible for performing scheduled and emergency maintenance of the RightNow tool (RNT) to ensure the production platform runs at optimal capacity.
- Developed and managed creation of product documentation to communicate features, benefits, positioning and impacts to different audiences and ensured that documentation deliverables from various groups are produced as needed.
- Conducted project review meetings and reviewed Business Requirement Documents (BRD) with stakeholders
- Coordinated with QA team (test plan) for the applications and executed them in the strict timelines.
- Maintained timelines for all development projects (Queued and prioritized projects based on company goals and management direction).
Environment:: Agile methodology, Rational Suite (RequisitePro, DDM, Clear Quest, MS Office Suite, MS Visio, MS Project, IBM COGNOS 8, SWIFT, SharePoint, Web 2.0, Windows XP, Oracle 8i, Mercury Test Director