- Over 8 years of experience in Finance and Banking Domains and have an exceptional record of delivering cost effective, high performance technology solutions to meet challenging business demands
- Extensive knowledge, expertise and involvement in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Waterfall, Scrum, Agile (Test - Driven Development) and Scrum-Waterfall environments.
- Proficient in networking with individuals at various levels and facilitating elicitation sessions such as survey, interviews, brainstorming, focus group, interface analysis, document analysis, and JAD sessions.
- Proven experience in facilitating change management and conducting GAP Analysis, Risk Analysis, Impact Analysis, SWOT analysis, Root Cause Analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis and Cash flow analysis.
- Successfully gathered SMART requirements and transformed them into Business Requirements documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) and System Requirements Specifications (SRS).
- Good understanding in building and maintaining Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, and Informed (RACI) Matrix. Assisted in Business process re-engineering and Business process flow improvements.
- Well acquainted with workflows and Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams including Use Cases, Activity Charts, Sequence Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, and Entity Relationship (ER) Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Good Knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts. Data Mapping and Data profiling. Extensively created Entity Relationship diagrams (ER Diagrams). Performed Data Modeling Conceptual and Logical Models.
- Experience in Data Integration using Data center with Hub and Spoke. Extensive implementation knowledge of Databases, Schemas, Data Marts and OLAP operations such as Roll-up, Drill-down, slice and dice and pivot.
- Experienced in creating Test Plan, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Test cases, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), User acceptance Testing (UAT), and familiar with software testing and Regression testing.
- Proficient in creating Screen Mockups and Walk-through sessions for Stakeholders and Project Team members.
- Used Tableau to create executive dashboards and weekly/ monthly reports on status of key business measurements.
- Cultivated experience in working with different web services such as HTML, WSDL, SOAP, REST, JSON.
- Wrote SQL queries including DML and DDL commands like insert, delete, create and update.
- Knowledge in Wealth Management, Asset and Portfolio Management, Credit Risk Management and CCAR.
- Implemented the capabilities required to enable CCAR & reporting for Dodd Frank section 165 compliance.
- Worked with technology and application development teams to design or select solution that appropriately meet the business for large projects such as compliance with Dodd Frank Act.
- Knowledge of Financial reporting, Budgeting, Forecasting, Valuation and Portfolio Investment Strategies,
- Creative and aggressive self-starter with integrative thinking skills, capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships in internal, external, independent, and team environment.
Confidential, St. Petersburg, FL
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Conducted extensive GAP analysis by identifying AS-IS and TO-BE process models and process flows.
- Elicited requirements by interacting with wealth managers, financial strategists and financial analysts using JAD Sessions, Structured Interviews, Process Analysis and Business Rules Analysis.
- Performed feasibility study along with SME and Project Manager (PM) by interacting with primary stakeholders in identifying various dependencies and constraints for business requirements.
- Created a Macro Document incorporating components of both Business Requirement Document (BRD/HLL) and System Requirement Specification (SRS/LLD) to keep track of work and for efficient management.
- Involved in Business Process modeling using UML diagrams such Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagram, Activity diagram and Use Case Narratives and incorporated them in Macro Document.
- Decomposed the scope from the BRD into user stories by conducting a story writing session with the Product owner and then the acceptance criteria for the PSPI (Potentially Shippable Product Increment)
- Handled requirement churn during the project by performing Impact Analysis by checking feasibility in maintaining the triple constraints in Daily status update meetings (Daily Scrum).
- Used JIRA for requirements management, allotting tasks, issue tracking and for requirement traceability.
- Timely assured development team has necessary resources to perform up to potential, tracked and removed impediments. Performed DDL, DML and SQL commands to perform various operations.
- Experience in Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) using Informatica.
- Wrote SQL Queries like select, update and joints to retrieve desired information and interact with the Database.
- Designed the Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Strategies and Test Plans for all processing using HP QC.
- Helped the QA team in performing User Acceptance Testing based on the acceptance criteria.
- Created Mock-Up Screens and Wireframes using Visio for the customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Assisted the team in post-production maintenance of the system as a liaison between the business users and the project development team. Created environment for self-organization and organized team engagement activities.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Developed good understanding of Financial Instruments, Asset Allocation, Commodities, Corporate Bonds, Money market instrument. Analyzed the prior documentation and business processes for understanding of the project.
- Conducted JAD sessions, Document analysis and one-on-one Interviews with the stakeholders and area experts to carefully record the requirements and building a bridge between the business people and technical people.
- Created Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and System Requirement Specification (SRS) and Use case specifications. Created UML Diagrams using MS Visio
- Created User Stories and estimated them in Sprint Planning and Backlog Grooming meetings. Incorporated Scrum Events Backlog refinement, Sprint Planning, Stand up meeting, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Performed Impact Analysis for requirement churn and by checking feasibility in maintaining the Triple constraints.
- Involved in Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Execution, Issue Resolution and Report Generation to assure that all aspects of a project are in Compliance with the Business Requirements.
- Defined Acceptance Criteria for each and every User Stories to perform User Acceptance Testing.
- Designed Test Cases, Test Scripts, and Test Scenarios to perform Functional and Regression Testing.
- Logged and tracked the defects using HP ALM tool and created an error repository and managed the testing process with the QA team. Designed Quality Plans, Quality Reports and Test Summary reports.
- Designed data models and conducted normalization and de-normalization of data to fit OLTP and OLAP frameworks, slicing and dicing of data marts for analytical decision-making support.
- Implemented all stages of development processes including extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) data from various sources into Data warehouse and Data Marts using Informatica Power Center Designer, Repository Manager and Workflow Manager. Worked on service oriented architecture (SOA), REST, SOAP, XML, API.
- Assisted in the creation of deployment flow chart in conjunction with development, infrastructure, and network teams containing information for maintaining Application. Planned and organized team engagement activities.
Environment: SDLC, Scrum - waterfall Hybrid, MS project 2013, MS office Tools, MS Visio (v-6.4.14), Oracle 11g, HP ALM 11, Informatica v9x, Bloomberg B-Pipe, Tableau(v-9.0).
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Worked closely with Project Team, SME and Business Partners (IPs) to gather business requirements.
- Prepared Business Requirement Document (BRD/HLD) and Drafted Systems Requirement Specification (SRS).
- Managed and tracked requirements using HP ALM through Application Life-Cycle. Understood problem definition through one to one meetings with Data architect, Enterprise architect and Solution advisors .
- Created UML Diagrams using MS Visio. Assisted Data modeling process by creating conceptual and logical ER diagrams and designing database schemas to help development of an accurate Data Warehouse Structure.
- Performed Source system analysis (SSA) to identify the source data that needs to be moved into the target tables.
- Defined target load order plan and constraint based loading for loading data correctly into different target tables.
- Created data flow diagrams, data mapping from Source to stage and Stage to Target mapping documents indicating the source tables, columns, data types, transformations required and business rules to be applied.
- Integrated various OLTP to the OLAP by using Informatica as an ETL tool and used Tableau as reporting tool.
- Assisted in increasing Data Integrity by performing Data Normalization, Data Verification and Validity.
- Performed Data Mining to find correlation and pattern in existing data and constructed SQL queries.
- Played a key role in the planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Worked with QA team to design and develop Test Plan and Test Cases to perform Functional Testing and Regression Testing and also performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) considering acceptance criteria.
- Was involved in using Tableau for effective reporting to provide Business Intelligence (BI).
- Involved in implementation by assisting in the preparation of training module. Helped the end users getting accustomed to the system by facilitating and arranging live demonstrations and system tutorials.
- Developed timelines for project delivery and managed projects and resources to successful completion.
Confidential, Cary, NC
Business System Analyst
- Analyzed the new regulatory requirements of Basel Accord on Market Risk calculation, monitoring and reporting, and knowledge on new implementation of Comprehensive Stress Testing and Forecast Scenarios.
- Conducted requirement gathering sessions to understand source data for consumer, commercial and small business credit cards and how they map to the CCAR credit card monthly (M) schedule.
- Collaborated with stakeholders to discuss the feasibility, profitability and risk of the project.
- Performed the AS-IS and TO-BE business process and developed the GAP Analysis. Prepared and analyzed Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirement Documents (FRD).
- Created UML diagrams such as Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Use Cases using MS Visio.
- Helped in implementing the capabilities required to enable CCAR for Dodd Frank Section 165 Compliance.
- Work experience in Risk Control, DFAST (Dodd Frank), CCAR and other regulatory reporting process.
- Performed source to target data mapping from multiple sources (APPRO - Loan Origination system and TSYS - loan servicing system) to CCAR credit card schedule.
- Included CCAR mapping documents, metadata, reference tables etc. Supported development and validation of test plans, test strategies and other Dodd Frank Act (DFAST) project deliverables.
- Liaised with cross-functional teams (business groups, IT and PMO organizations) to drive data remediation efforts and supported the business and subject matter experts SME's during User Acceptance Test (UAT) phase.
- Cultivated experience in working with different Web Services such as HTML, WSDL, SOAP, REST, JSON.
- Identified and escalated as appropriate issues that may arise during the various stages of the CCAR change process.
- Interacted with users and stakeholders to Identify business needs, evaluated solutions for business problems.
- Involved in complete SDLC, which includes requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, and Implementation. Assisted the project manager in defining the vision, project charter, scope and timelines.
- Elicited business requirements for the project using Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, surveys and interviews management, SME’s, vendors, users and other stakeholders.
- Created Business Requirement Documents (BRD), System Requirements Specification (SRS) and Functional Requirement (Technical) Documents (FRD) according to user requirements.
- Created use case documents and uploaded the documents in Knowledge Link. Analyzed and segregated business requirements into Use Cases, activity diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML.
- Worked with designers and developers for interpreting requirements, tracking the requirement & timeline.
- Formulated SQL Queries to generate relevant reports from the Database.
- Participated in QA Testing life cycle. Designed the Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Strategies and Test Plans using HP QC for all processing. Helped in performing User Acceptance Testing.
- Worked closely with Project Manager for any change request and helped to do Impact Analysis.
- Helped creating and modifying SQL queries to match the requirements.
Environment:: Waterfall, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Window 7, MY SQL, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Microsoft Project Professional.
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirements and developing System Specifications.
- Assessed business priorities, and advised business units by performing Risk Analysis.
- Interacted with the customers and internal stakeholders to gather user requirements and their expectations from the system to create Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and System Requirement Specification (SRS). Created UML Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Tracked and reported timely performance against plans and forecast analyzed gaps and recommended corrective measures to improve productivity.
- Participated in the development and preparation of the Test Plan with the testing team as well as ensuring testability, reliability, usability, maintainability and performance of the application.
- Involved in incident reporting and change management procedures.
- Maintained and shared documents in MS SharePoint. Managed test cases and logged defects in HP QC.
- Formed a bridge between the Project Manager and different teams with effective presentations.
- Participated in creating Database Objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, indexes and triggers
- Designed database tables to store the data coming from different applications and determining what data is returned or received from the applications.
- Performed Data Modeling and created Entity-Relationship diagrams for the new databases.
- Defined primary keys and foreign keys for tables while designing and used constraints in order to maintain referential integrity, domain integrity and column integrity. Also, normalization of tables in the database.
- Writing extensive SQL queries and determining what data must be sent to various applications.
- Optimizing existing queries to enhance the performance of the database.
- Worked closely with the Database Administrator in creating the database and maintaining the database components and participated in designing how the data should be organized and how data should be displayed.
- Generated reports like drill down reports, tabular reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).