- Over 8+ years of experience in working with Retail Banking, Insurance, Financial and Healthcare industries.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology, Iterative Software Development Life Cycle Process as per Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile Methodologies and Project management life cycle.
- Understanding of retail environments and retail software applications (Point of Sale systems), Facilitated JAD (Joint Application Design) sessions and e - JAD sessions.
- Deep knowledge of Ecommerce space including User Interface processes and tools
- Experience and business knowledge of Order Management and Financial processes in the retail industry
- Experience working with retail financial applications such as IBM POS, Microsoft Retail Management System and Absolute retail.
- Knowledge of RDBMS Concepts and hands on experience on Database Technologies.
- Used Microsoft Visio for Business Process Modeling and Data flow diagrams.
- Strong Project management skills such as time estimation, task identification, and scope management.
- Excellent document analysis and electronic content management skills with experience of SharePoint and Documentum environment.
- Good experience of working with versioning tools like Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Microsoft Visual SourceSafe (VSS)
- Extensive experience in working with Relational Database Management Systems like SQL Server … and Microsoft Access
- Possess good knowledge of Data Warehousing and ETL tools
- Individually contributed in software application analysis, development, testing and deployment
- Familiar with PeopleSoft ERP system and integrated HRMS as per business requirements.
- Drove large project to a successful completion in a time-bound manner while maintaining a diverse slate of responsibilities.
- Facilitated communication of roles and responsibilities between development team and business leads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with strong analytical skills.
Languages: C, C++, SQL, HTML, WML, ASP
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL server, DB2, MS Access, FoxPro
Tools: MS Office (Word, Excel, Project etc.), Visio, Adobe Acrobat Suite, Rational Rose, Clear case, Clear quest, Crystal Report & Business Object
Testing Tool: Quick Test Pro (QTP), Test Director, Win Runner, Load Runner, ISO Concepts
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reports (SSRS)
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Played a pivotal role in facilitating JAD sessions to develop detailed solutions and to verify the system development process.
- Conducted GAP Analysis by understanding the AS-IS business process and TO-BE business process.
- Created the BRD which was translated into FRD & SRS. Developed business process diagram, activity diagram, sequence diagram to understand the data flow.
- Developed Functional Requirements for Premium Processing System (PPS).
- Claim Transactions and Billing Transactions - created flows for adequate matching of claims.
- Performed data mapping by matching the billing file and EDI claim file record claims.
- Used INVEST model to write user stories.
- Worked on Scrum during the project.
- Prioritized the user stories with the help of the product owner using MOSCOW.
- Facilitated the Sprint ceremonies and helped the scrum development team in resolving impediments.
- Developed Requirements for Taxes, Fees and Surcharges for different states.
- Identified various rating Risk Factors as per a pre-defined set of rules and created process and data flow diagram.
- Worked with the actuarial group to update and communicate changes/requirements.
- Complied requirements for different Business Rules for the company such as Writing Companies, Regional Offices, Surplus Lines Brokers etc.
- Created high-level Use Cases from Business Requirements and created UML diagrams like use case diagram and activity diagram by using MS Visio and UML for various stakeholders.
- Documented and managed all requirements with Rational Requisite Pro - Requirement management tool.
- Used SharePoint of versioning of the documentation and requirements. Participated in Walkthroughs with the QA team.
Confidential, Wilmington, CA
- Coordinated with the stakeholders and project key personnel to gather functional and non-functional requirements during JAD sessions.
- Studied the existing business process and created AS-IS workflow to illustrate the existing system.
- Recorded requirements in the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) defining each technical requirement in detail from areas like: main hardware, application software, networks, servers, internet and desktop configuration.
- Propose strategies to implement HIPAA 4010 in the new MMIS system & eventually move to HIPAA 5010.
- Experience with AGILE Tool and methodology.
- Responsible for the full HIPAA compliance lifecycle from gap analysis, mapping, implementation and testing for Medicaid Claims.
- Responsible for gap analysis in changing old MMIS and Involved in testing new MMIS. Also, accountable for Medicaid Claims Resolution/Reimbursement for peach state health plan using MMIS.
- Assisting the project manager in creating the business case and project plan.
- Served as a liaison between the internal and external business community (Claims, Billing, Membership, Capitation, Customer service, membership management, provider management, advanced Healthcare management, provider agreement management) and the project team.
- Actively analyzed current business processes (Claims, Recipient eligibility and enrollment etc.) and worked with management to improve and implement enterprise solutions to ensure compliance.
- Work with business representatives to understand data marts requirements and priorities and ensure that IT works is appropriately aligned.
- Responsible for creating business work flows and processes and creating management reports based on the analysis.
- Experience in Rational Rose & HP Quality Centre.
- Followed the UML based methods using Rational rose to create Use Cases, Activity Diagram, Sequence Diagram, Collaboration Diagram that include Functional and Non-Functional specifications to hand off to development teams.
- Actively involved in updating internal processes (submit claims, check eligibility), updating data collection and data reporting
- Defects and bug testing by using Rational Clear-Quest, Configuration management and Version control with Clear-Case.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Applied Agile methodology at requirements face so larger requirements can be quickly broken up into smaller pieces that the development team can consume effectively.
- Working knowledge of requirement gathering by conducting personal interviews, developing questionnaire, brainstorming, or role playing to get a better understanding of client business processes and creating requirements traceability matrix with Requisite Pro for tracking the requirements
- Created Business requirements, functional requirements and Use case diagrams.
- Responsible for defining the scope of the project(s), feasibility analysis, project planning, gathering business requirements by conducting user interviews, JAD sessions, and story boarding.
- Served as lead technical business analyst for retail banking business process management (BPM) system
- Created complete set of detailed system flow diagrams, used to guide developers in implementation of Business Process Management (BPM) software.
- Responsible to determine the GAP Analysis between the As-Is / To-Be Business Process Flows.
- Identified and documented Issues, risks and gaps and their descriptions and impact, and provided recommendations and alternatives.
- Experience Data mapping between Old databases to new database in Data migration project.
- Experience in data massaging and data testing with ETL Informatica.
- Wrote SQL queries through Toad to check the population of the data.
- Automated framework using HP Quality center.
- Installed and configured HP quality center and QTP Automated the Regression Testing, integration testing using Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Expertise with all the phases of Quality centers as Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab and Defects.
- Helped SME's to create user manual and training materials.
- Process Modeling: Unified Modeling Language (UML), Rational Rose, Rational RequisitePro, BPMN Business Process Modeling Notation, BRML Business Rule Markup Language
- Worked closely with QA teams to define Test cases and execute Test plans.
- Experience in performing Regression, Performance, Load, Functionality, Front End, Back End, Smoke and Usability Testing for web and Client/Server application.
- Assisted in preparation of Request for Proposal (RFP) for finding out the right vendor for off the shelf products (COTS) like mortgaging calculator and mortgaging Education Center.
- Designed the look-n-feel requirements of the application using MS Visio, for better illustration of the application to research team and managers.
- Updated and modified progress and resources allocation in MS project for the team.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Interviewed Subject Matter experts (SMEs) and carefully recorded the business requirements to develop a web based application which fulfils the customer's insurance needs through three different channels.
- Gathered business requirements and generating statements of work, workflow diagrams and functional design documentation.
- Worked with the SMEs and Business Partners in documenting the customer requirements clearly using Excel, Visio diagrams, flowcharts, user stories and other established tools and techniques and communicate them to the Systems department.
- Worked as a triage team member in the event of the application rollout to support the application problems, find temporary workaround for the problem areas using SPLUNK and Tea-Leaf. Suggested the enhancement to the application as necessary. Also, working on Change management and Problem management area.
- Used Splunk dash board to run basic search, Identify the content or search, set the time range for the search, export the output and use the application request ID retrieved from the Splunk result to review the online activity done by an applicant to resolve any issue with the application submitted online and analyze the root cause of the issue.
- Worked with SMEs in preparing the process guide, code manuals and announcement memos. Created several Job Aids and process manual on the application for training purpose. Created and published Knowledge Items on known kick out due to human errors for the service area to the answer service tickets handled by the customer service executives.
- Facilitated JAD session and other meetings with partnering teams to identify data streaming issues and worked with them analyze the problems and areas that needs to be fixed.
- Participated in Functional checkouts of applications on numerous occasions and reported the outcome. Assisted in creating test strategy, write test cases, test plans; test Scenarios for with the testing team to streamline the testing process.
- Created and Managed Project Templates, User story Templates, Data Mapping Templates, FSD Templates and Requirement Types.
- Coordinate with projects teams throughout the project life cycle as required, communicate and confirm clarifications with the help of user stories.
- Document the agenda for the daily sprint meeting and the issues and the concerns.
- Worked in combination of Agile, Waterfall Methodology which allowed us to conduct daily stand up meetings to discuss and exchange the information regarding the status of the project.
- Worked on as Triage Team member after the release to answer any issues or queries for the service team