- Multifaceted, driven individual with 9+ years of experience as Sr. Scrum Master, Business Analyst and Sr. Business System Analyst with proven skills in business requirements and analysis, object - oriented design, Data Modelling.
- Worked in different domains such as Banking and Finance with strong understanding of the compliances and worked in meeting all the specific standards.
- Strong understanding of application development, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies with in depth understanding of gathering requirements, Analysing, Development and part of pre-and post-production support of various software development.
- Expert in conducting elicitation techniques like Brainstorming, JAD, RAD, Surveys, Focus Groups, Benchmarking, Questionnaire, Requirement Workshop to understand the requirements of the users and other stakeholders.
- Time tested ability working with scrum development team that are self-organised and cross-functional teams. Extensive experience in handling disputes as well as resolve it in a robust and productive manner.
- Seasoned professional with strong analytical skill in understanding the business development, Business Process Re-engineering and System Analysis. the maximum business value, to break the EPICS into user stories as per the INVEST criteria (Independent, Negotiable, Valuable, Estimable, Small and Testable) and helped the development team to finalize the tasks for the sprint backlog using the SMART criteria (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely).
- Adept in training Scrum teams, facilitate ceremonies like Sprint Planning, Sprint Execution and Daily Stand up Meeting, Sprint Review and the Retrospective, User story planning as well sorting impediments.
- Excellent understanding of Prioritizing Techniques like Moscow, Kano, Validated Learning, Business Value Based, Technology Risk Based and Walking Skeleton and Estimation Techniques like Planning Poker, T-shirt Sizing, Relative Mass Valuation and Dot Voting to commit the team in an efficient manner.
- Experience in recording and maintaining the artifacts like impediments list, sprint burndown charts and sprint burnup charts to track the team’s performance and keeping it visible to the team members and owners.
- Extensive knowledge in Data modelling, Data Mapping, Process Modelling, Data Binding, strong understanding in UML methodologies like Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams.
- Drafted documents like BRD, FRD, FSD, SRS, use case document to understand user requirement and to communicate the same to the technical team as well as Data Dictionary for data models.
- Proven knowledge in preparing Data warehouse requirement documents, iteration matrix, business matrix.
- In depth understanding of different data warehouse architecture like centralized architecture, dependent bus architecture, independent data marts, federated architecture and hub and spoke architecture.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins to speed up the development process
- Possess experience in monitoring large volume of streaming data using Apache Flume and Apache Kafka.
- Experience in using Excel for performing slicing, dicing, pivoting, roll-up and drill down - OLAP operations.
- Strong knowledge in data warehouse concepts such as data profiling, data governance, data mining, ETL process, data masking, Master Data Management top down and bottom up approach, OLTP, OLAP, MOLAP, ROLAP, HOLAP and DOLAP.
- Worked on SOA, n-tier Architecture, XML Parsers, SAX, DOM, XPath, SOAP and RESTFUL web services.
- Experience in handling change request management, effectively implemented change by performing both business Impact analysis and technical impact analysis of the change on the scope of the project.
- Expertise in preparing Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Documents, Test Scripts and defect logs; facilitating User Acceptance Testing (UAT), regression testing, SMOKE testing and system integration testing (SIT).
Project Management Tools/Methodologies: MS-Project, MS SharePoint, JIRA, RALLY, AGILE-
SCRUM, WATERFALL-SCRUM, WATERFALL,: SAFE
REQUIREMENT MANAGEMENT: MS Office, JIRA, Version-One, HP ALM 11.5BluePrint
REPORTING TOOLS: SSRS, IBM COGNOS, MS OFFICE SUITE, Tableau9.1, PowerBI.
ETL TOOLS: Informatica Power Centre 7.x/8.x/9.x, SSIS, IBM DataStage, Pig, Hive.
DATABASES: MySQL, SQL Server 2012, HBase, MS Access, Oracle.
OFFICE TOOLS MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Access.
TESTING TOOLS: HP ALM 11.5, HP Service Centre, HP QC, Bugzilla.
ANALYTICS TOOLS: MS Excel, MS Access, Power BI, Tableau 9.1, SAS.
LANGUAGES: C/C++, Java, SQL, SOAP, RESTFUL, Matlab.
DEFECT TRACKING TOOLS: HP ALM, JIRA.
Confidential, Los Angeles, California
Data Analyst/Business Analyst
- Performed Gap Analysis to identify the deficiencies of the current systems and to identify the requirements for the change in the system.
- Examined existing document to understand the previous system and worked with A1POS to gain valuable insights about the functioning of existing systems and understood its shortcoming.
- Developed Functional and Business Requirement documents to in corporate necessary requirements.
- Prepared questionnaire to properly elicit requirements and interacted with major stakeholders from the corporate, franchises and other vendors to document their feedbacks.
- Organised various Scrum ceremonies like Sprint Planning Meeting, Daily Stand-up Meeting, Sprint Review Meeting and Sprint Retrospective Meetings.
- Pro-actively helped the product owner in prioritizing the product backlog as per maximum business value and stakeholder requirements.
- Analysed different data sources like MMS and Menu Manager to understand the data irregularities and compare the data sets with restaurant level data.
- Due to the lack of periodic data cleansing, there was huge mismatch in data, lack of proper conventions and numerous typo errors.
- Conducted extensive data cleansing and data preparations, developed data dictionary and created simple and easy conventions to follow.
- Uploaded all documents and supporting technical documents in Oracle Beehive (similar to SharePoint) to provide visibility to every team member.
- Developed high level and low-level design documents to capture and transform user requirements into information systems.
- Assigned specific Aii Numbers which are specific codes referring to unique dishes in the MMS database.
- Removed Duplicate Aii Numbers, generated new Aii Numbers for zero Aii numbered dishes and deleted garbage data entries.
- Introduced a simple naming convention that was easy to understand than the existing convention which was obsolete.
- Standardized portion sizing and grouped all the items based on pour size and developed a range-based numbering system to easily classify items.
- Organize meetings with different vendors to ensure they are in synchronous with our project plan, communicate clearly and provide specific deadlines to ensure they meet the specified objectives.
- Develop test cases with specific input from requirements, specify execution preconditions, expected results and post conditions, create extensive test plans and test scenarios.
- Extensively used Jira for bug tracking and assigning it to specific teams for corrective measures, proactively validated any data discrepancies in the new system by conducting manual testing.
- Ensured the new POS that is used meets the specific requirement to provide a strong control over other layers like restaurant level, franchisee level and provide access as per least privilege principle.
Confidential, Los Angeles, California
Business System Analyst/Scrum Master
- Performed Gap Analysis to identify the deficiencies of the current systems and to identify the requirements for the change in the system.
- Facilitated JAD Sessions, Interviews sessions, Survey/Questionnaire and Focus Groups to Elicit Requirements.
- Facilitated various Scrum ceremonies like Sprint Planning Meeting, Daily Stand-up Meeting, Sprint Review Meeting, Sprint Retrospective Meeting.
- Instrumental in handling different kinds of impediments like scrum master based impediments, team based and organisational impediments as well as sort out any blockers that hampered the performance of the team.
- Extensively used JIRA to record and maintain the artifacts such as Product backlogs, Sprint backlogs, user stories, Impediments list, tasks, defects and issue tracking using JQL.
- Generated Sprint Burn Down and Product Burn Down charts which helped Product Owner to Estimate Release durations.
- Helped the team overcome a technical barrier by creating and updating use case diagrams, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams using MS Visio.
- Developed Wire Frame diagram for GUI that helps developers to prepare real time easily accessible screen layout.
- Created reporting metrics for Daily team meetings and executive meetings on behalf of the Transaction Monitoring and Investigations (TMI) unit.
- Worked on the Suspicious Activity Monitory module tuning and customizing to meet the requirements of modifying rules and scenarios.
- The data injection process from different data sources like Customer account data, Order management systems, new account risk screen, CRM, Server logs, click stream log/social media data and documents are extracted using Sqoop and Flume to integrate data into HTFS.
Environment: -Scrum, Jira 6.3, Confluence, Java, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, HTML 5, CSS3, Tableau 8.3, DocuSign, Sailpoint IIQ, Balsamiq mockups 3, Soap UI, Oracle 11g, MS- Visio, MS-Project, Apache Tomcat 8, Apache hive, Apache Spark and Apache storm.
Confidential, Wilmington, Delaware
Sr. Business Analyst/Scrum Master
- Facilitated JAD sessions to elicit requirements from the business owners and the technical members of the project to understand the requirements and the various regulations of the finance domain.
- Involved in Gap Analysis for the proposed functionalities to understand the changes required.
- Drafted the business requirement document (BRD) using the requirements gathered by elicitation techniques.
- Worked closely with the SME’S to determine the spending criteria by analysing the data using BI Tableau tool to identify quality purchases for awarding rewards and coupons.
- Worked extensively on creating UML Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams to visually describe the machine learning algorithm using business modelling tools such as MS Visio.
- Facilitated the various scrum ceremonies, constantly interacted with the team to make sure that they the protected from impediments to improve the development team performance.
- Knowledgeable with implementation of Sailpoint IIQ for establishing access rights and controls
- Created the identity access management document (IAMD) to identify the access rights for various departments and business users to prevent access violations.
- Used the dashboards and performance metrics on Jira to monitor and improve the team performance.
- Prepared the data mapping document for mapping the input fields on the front end to the tables in the database to ensure uniformity of data at the database.
- Used Sql queries to verify the data mapping and to validate the data in the database.
- Defined the XML schemas and validated the request and response XML tags.
- Reviewed the WSDL document to understand the request and response formats for the web services.
- Defined the business rules by working with subject matter experts using ‘if’ and ‘then’ statements
- Designed mockups for the application front end using Balsamiq mockups screens.
- Broke down the BRD into product backlog and defined the acceptance criteria for the user stories.
- Assisted the developers in resolving exceptional handling strategies. Wrote the test cases in collaboration with the quality analyst team to cover all the possible testable scenarios.
- Created the RTM document for traceability of all the requirements to the test cases.
Environment: - Waterfall - Scrum Hybrid, Jira 6.3, Confluence, Java, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, HTML 5, CSS3, Tableau 8.3, DocuSign, Sailpoint IIQ, Balsamiq mockups 3, Soap UI, Oracle 11g, MS- Visio, MS-Project, Apache Tomcat 8.
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Warren, NJ
- Analysed prior documents and Gathered Business Requirements, analyse data/workflows. Defined the scope, financial projections and Cost/benefit analysis. Progressed from Problem Statement to well-documented designs.
- Conducted various requirements gathering through research, formal-informal sessions and JAD sessions with SMEs (Subject Matter Experts), Teams, and Stakeholders.
- Assisted Project Manager in creating proposals and project budget allocations and worked on Project Charter and Work Break down Structure using MS Project.
- Prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD). Decomposed BRD into User Stories by conducting a story writing session with product owner and user Acceptance Criteria for PSPI (Potentially Shippable Product Increment).
- Incorporated Scrum meetings like Backlog refinement, Sprint Planning, stand up meeting, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Helped to prioritize user stories using MoSCoW and Planning Poker techniques.
- As Scrum master facilitates Sprint Planning meeting, tracked team velocity and Sprint progress using Sprint Burndown Chart and Product Burndown Chart, conducted time boxed daily scrum meeting.
- Highly proficient in writing User stories, creating Use Cases, Use case diagrams, Workflow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Class Diagrams etc. Extensively used Rational Rose and MS Visio for UML.
- Assisted Project Teams in preparing Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Software Design Documents (SDD), User Interface Design, designing of Application Architecture & Database Modeling.
- Expert in Tracking and Managing the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) that controls numerous artifacts produced by the teams and I also handled requirement churn.
Environment: SDLC, Agile Scrum methodology, MS project, MS office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point and Visio), MS Project, MS Visio, SQL, UML, AJAX, Spotfire User stories and JIRA.
Senior Business Analyst
Confidential, Crownsville, Maryland
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assisted the ETL teams in identifying the various data sources required to generate the reports requested by the end user. Drafted the BRD (business requirements document) and assisted the project manager in developing the project charter, project plan and the work breakdown schedule.
- Worked with the data analyst for performing data profiling and checked for the data quality of the available data sources. Created the data quality metrics and presented the data quality reports to the stakeholders to take a go/ no-go decision.
- Developed the process model, created the metadata document and drafted the data mapping document for the target data format which was the basis of the transformation logic.
- Worked with the data analyst to cleanse, transform and standardize the various sources of data
- Worked closely and as a consultant to the ETL team and the programmers. Acted as a liaison between the stakeholders and the technical team. Assisted in planning the extraction schedule and methods of extraction. Involved in extraction process tracking and assisted the ETL team by using Informatica.
- Created the conceptual and the logical entity relationship diagrams and the data dictionary.
- Managed change requests by analysing the business, technical and risk impacts on the project.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Interviewed business users to understand their recruitment process and studied the existing website and the required application to be appended to it and its compatibility
- Worked closely with Business teams/project stake holders/SME to map the expectations to deliver the capabilities
- Organized meetings of the clients with the management and IT team to demonstrate working knowledge
- Initiated JAD sessions for design and documentation of the System Design Document (SDD) and made sure that all the requirements were implemented into functionality
- Participated in gathering requirements, developing functional, non-functional and technical specifications
- Participated in extracting data using Pivot table
- Drafted Business Requirement Document, Functional Specification Document and Use Cases Specification based on the information gathered
- Involved in UAT and evaluated results against User Requirements.
Environment: MS office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Visual Studio 2005/2008, Html, CSS, SOASOAP.
- Evaluated the future system requirements by conducting GAP analysis to assess the AS-IS and TO-BE analysis to understand the various functionality that needs to be incorporated.
- Balanced business requirements with technical feasibility and set expectations on new projects.
- Conducted various elicitation techniques as one on one interviews and JAD sessions to gather requirements.
- Drafted a clear and concise Business Requirement document with a SRS (System Requirement Specification) for converting the business needs to low level requirements.
- Responsible for Business Analysis with Requirement Gathering and Documentation.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams in MS Project.
- Created detail Test cases for each test phase to ensure complete coverage.
- Test Cases were incorporated both positive and negative test conditions.
- Created and managed project templates, Use Case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in Requisite Pro.
Environment: MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio Outlook), HTML, Data Mapping/Modeling, Informatica Power Center/Power Mart, Tableau, MySQL., Oracle 9i, SQL Server2000, UNIX, Visio.