- Over fifteen years of diverse Operations and Analytical Programming experience in both start - up and Fortune 100 corporate environments.
- Experience spans multiple industries: financial software, health care, and airlines.
- Expertise in both business analytics and technical data programming.
- Ability to quickly analyze large data systems and translate findings into actionable performance-improvement outcomes.
- Business Analytics and Data Discovery
- Operational Excellence
- Business Case Modeling & Quantitative Analysis
- Cross-functional Problem Solving
- Data Modeling, ETL, Programming & Automation Techniques
- Presentations & Communications
Programming: SQL, SAS, R, Python, MySQL, Vertica, Hive, Hadoop, Shell Scripting, Teradata, Unix
Reporting Tools: Tableau
Web Analytics Tools: SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics
- Partnered with a startup to develop analytical tools for marketing campaign engagement. Tools used include Python, Pandas, SQL, Tableau, Hive.
Confidential, Mountain View, California
Business Systems Analyst, Finance Analytics
- Identified and remedied data gaps for the QuickBooks Self-Employed (QBSE) SaaS subscription product. Developed billing system data pipelines incorporating SQL, Hive, Hadoop CLI, and Vertica to enable more accurate reporting of key financial metrics (GNS, Total Subscribers, Retention). Also developed Tableau dashboards calling out the insights into the QBSE subscribers that canceled and migrated to other upstream QuickBooks products. Jira documentation management.
- Developed a data model for QBSE to feed an LTV forecast model and establish customer value for marketing campaigns.
- Automated several reporting processes to eliminate 10 hours/month of manual effort by financial analysts.
Confidential, Mountain View, California
Information Management Analyst, Research Analytics
- Managed a SQL Server Kimball data warehouse of lab test results to support clinical research initiatives. Developed validation tools to assess data cleanliness. Created and scheduled SSIS packages to automate extractions and reduce total processing time from 4 days to 3 hours.
- Developed a Python NLP script to conduct sentiment analysis of a patient’s diagnosis from physician notes.
- Co-developed a model in R evaluating the cultural disparities in patient survey responses, and the tendency for Asians to rate physicians less favorably.
- Managed the REDCap survey tool application upgrades in MySQL and PHP.
Confidential, Oakland, California
Sr. Data Consultant
- Managed a clinical datamart and weekly SAS production process for population care and outreach to 3 million regional members. Set up innovate ETL processes to extract from dozens of very large datasets and mine unstructured text data. Incorporated SAS macros to reduce processing time by 50%.
- Developed several Tableau dashboard reports for provider-level monitoring of diabetes performance rates, phasing out Excel dependencies.
- Led a task force to investigate and communicate remediation solutions for upcoming ICD-10 and other systems changes to reporting analysts.
- Drove the data strategy on the implementation of an upgraded population health management tool that incorporates improved tracking and reporting functionality, rules-driven alerts, and automated lab ordering and outreach.
- Managed imaging utilization analysis tools and developed provider-level reports to engage facility chiefs in effectively measuring and benchmarking their performance improvement.
- Resident data expert supporting 20+ reporting analysts.
Confidential, Arlington, Virginia
Senior Technical Specialist, Sales Analysis & Systems
- Managed MIDT airline bookings systems and coordinated monthly data feeds to multiple downstream systems to ensure data integrity and efficient processing.
- Spearheaded a project to eliminate systems data redundancies that saved $50K annually.
- Developed company-wide Lotus Notes database system for adhoc data requests to streamline resource allocation and boost productivity.
- Created SAS programs and automation tools for adhoc data requests for sales analysts.
- Identified critical data systems changes to facilitate codeshare relationships and entry into Star Alliance.
- Managed weekly E-Savers promotional email program ($30M annual revenue) and customer database of 3+ million email addresses.
- Developed SAS programs and analysis tools to analyze and maximize revenue performance through various online distribution channels (Orbitz, Travelocity, etc.)
- Coordinated pricing programs for special leisure travel accounts (e.g., AAA) and increased incremental revenue by 25% YOY.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Crew Resources Planning Analyst
- Created an Access database to track and reduce pilot training hours and costs by 35%.
- Developed SAS programs and short-term forecasting models to optimize pilot staffing and pay hours.