- 8+ years of experience in business analysis, JAD sessions, stakeholder interviews, business process management, risk analysis/management, data analysis, UAT, project coordination/management.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the following domains: Wealth Management, CRM (client relationship management), Financial Services, Insurance, and Program Development.
- Knowledge on claims process and adjudication in the Medicare Part A, B, C and D, Medicaid, Managed care, Private and TPA Insurance Sectors.
- Strong Healthcare Domain knowledge in EDI, HIPAA and CMS Compliances/Regulations.
- Hands - On experience with all stages of SDLC's ranging from traditional (e.g., Waterfall) to Agile and Rational Unified process (RUP).
- Hands on experience in Agile development, updating Epics, User Stories and project documentation.
- Experience working with enterprise tools to organize requirements, test cases, and provide traceability cases (MS Visual Studio/TFS).
- Experience with Data Analysis using Excel and SQL 2008, 2012.
- Extensive experience in creating Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), Functional Requirement Documents (FRDs), Systems Requirements Specifications (SRSs), Use Case Specification Documents, articulating Process Maps, analyzing Gaps, data manipulation, data analysis and documentation of data requirements & data mapping among upstream & downstream partner applications;
- Experience in developing Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, UML and Use Case Diagrams with GUI components, along with the screen designs using MS Visio.
- Experience in tracking, documenting, capturing, managing and communicating the requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Background includes Agile Scrum software development process-maintaining prioritized Product Backlog, developing well-formed User Stories, conducting Grooming Sessions, Release Planning meetings, Sprint Planning meetings, Daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Demo and Retrospect meetings.
- Knowledge of ITSM/ ITIL tools, Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) and Quality Assurance (QA) Methodology relative to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with Business User Groups, conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT Groups and Conflict Management with Project team members.
- Strong understanding of agile tools such as Rally, TFS, ATDD, TDD and BDD.
- Familiar with the use of UML in designing XML schemas.
- Extensive experience in developing Use Cases, creating Screen Mockups, conducting Gap Analysis and Impact Analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis and Risk Analysis.
- Conducted UAT while writing test plans and test cases using JIRA 6.0.
- Conducted GAP Analysis after analyzing AS-IS business process and TO-BE business process
- Experience using IBM RationalRequisite Pro, IBM Rational Clear Quest, JIRA.
FrontEnd Tools: MS Office, MS Visio, MS Query, MS Project 2000 ProgrammingLanguages: SQL, UML, C, C++, Java
Data Bases: Microsoft Access, MS-SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, DB2
Business Skills: Business Definition Requirements, Business Process Analysis & Research Use Case
Packages: Rational Suite (Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Clear Case Clear Quest) MS Visio, MS
Confidential, HOUSTON, TX
Sr. Business Analyst
- Overview: The project involves the development of Multi-phase software for operations and maintenance platforms, at one of the largest leaders in the oil and gas industry. The software is being developed by Confidential ., one of the world’s largest engineering and construction companies.
- Facilitated requirement's elicitation sessions (both Waterfall and Agile) between key stakeholders from both the business and IT.
- Responsible for analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper System Requirement Specifications (SRS).
- Coordinated and communicated with end users across multiple applications for testing preparations.
- Performed weekly metrics reporting at the project and team-level, including generation of key quantitative metrics and completedtrend analysis.
- Analyzed existing contractual agreements and vendor agreement renewals.
- Gathered and documented requirements to develop scope of works(SOW) and Request for Proposals (RFPs), RFQ, or RFIfor software applications.
- Managedissue, risk and decision logs for updates, including follow up with project managers as required.
- Participated in project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, sprint and release planning, retrospective and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Collaborated with product owners, stakeholders and scrum teams to define Product Backlogand translate business/technical requirements and in subsequent release planning.
- Assisted with client-led day-to-day agile processes by adopting and enforcing of basic Scrum principles of Enterprise environment such as removing impediments, prioritizing, and fostering self-management.
- Prevent or remove impediments and distractions that interfere with the ability of the development team to deliver on their goals.
- Facilitateduser requirement sessions as well as conducting JAD sessionsand produced Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), Functional Requirements Documents (FRDs), and Traceability Matrices.
- Participated in the analysis and testing phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Conducted Gap Analysis as well as assess re-engineering business process opportunities.
- Queried the database utilizing SQL commands to extract the data in order to perform data analysis and data validation.
- Worked with Agile Product Owner to develop sprint backlog and future development needs.
- Developedfeature-level requirements into detail-level user stories that are consumable and testable by a Scrum team.
- Assisted with the development of user acceptance test (UAT) plans and coordinated with IT to ensure completeness of functional and user test plans. .
- Constructed workflow charts/diagrams and created system mockup screens using Balsamiq and JIRA.
- Collected and utilized thru ad-hoc reports to ensure the maximum value is being extracted from the business systems.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Overview: Hanger, Inc. , a leader in the healthcare field of Orthotics and Prosthetics, offering the most advanced O&P solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed customer service. The project was oriented towards corporate initiatives associated with the implementation of NextGen EHR and EPM across the country.
- Performed business analysis for projects within corporate technologyand various application developments.
- Executed SQL queries to join tables and to validate and provide relevant input data.
- Wrote high level and low-level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams/State Chart Diagrams and Robustness Diagramsusing MS Visio.
- Actively conducted the FRS and URS reviews and walkthroughs with designers, developers and stakeholders.
- Perform gap analysis between client's requirements and the functionality within Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Extend capability of CRM through creation of new entities, forms, workflows and reports.
- Used the Agile methodology to develop documentation and business models in support of SDLC implementation.
- Used Visio to develop Business Process Models - "As is and To Be" process diagrams.
- Translated functional requirements into detailed system design to show a detailed end product, and identified defects and tracked resolution through Quality Center and JIRA.
- Used Balsamiq or similar tools for creating mockups, process flow diagrams and UML.
- Performed analysis and evaluation of requirements, developed traceability matrices.
- Used agile methodologies such as scrum and Extreme Programming (XP) to replace traditional, lengthy requirements documents with a prioritized product backlog made up of concise user stories.
- Improved transparency by publishing agile metrics with velocity chart, sprint burndown, scrum board, and release burndown charts.
- Prepared detailed statement of work (SOW) for a low to medium complexity engagement.
- Reviewed the design of technical components to assess potential delivery risk and developed risk mitigation measures as needed.
- Documented changes to scope or functionalities with change ticket, project plan.
- Defined business and application services as work items using VSTS 2013.
- Used Team Foundation Server with Visual Studio for version control of BA artifacts.
- Built requirement management tools using Rally on Visual Studio 2013.
- Documented Swim Lane diagrams and workflows using MS Visio.
- Participated in planning and development of long-term goals for SharePoint in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
- Experienced in generating, gathering, and compiling data from a variety of business data systems (Oracle, Microsoft Access, MySQL, SQL Server, Tableau) in order to provide information to management on improving the effectiveness of business/program operations and processes.
- Followed the “INVEST” model (Independent, Negotiable, Valuable, Estimable, Small and Testable) in creating user stories and artifacts.
- Gathered client requirements and business process for the development, testing and deployment of Microsoft CRM projects.
- Used VSTS TFS for work item customization to align the workflows and fields of artifacts for tracking activities with the business processes used by the organization.
- Used RUP methodology to in corporate iterative, incremental development into the system.
- Analyzed business and technical requirements, thus creating the Business Use Case (BUC) and Application Use Case (AUC) documents.
- Translated business goals, feature concepts and customer needs into prioritized product requirements, use cases and UML diagrams.
- Created user stories, provided cost estimates and Function Point Analysis (FPA) on various client requirements.
- Lead JAD sessions and facilitated various product feature customizations from start to finish through the various phases of the SDLC lifecycle.
- Ensured that concise and effective User Stories and acceptance criteria were groomed and maintained in JIRA.
- Worked with client to gather business/technical requirements, approval of CR (Change request), design and Implementations for State MMIS.
- Analyzed HIPAA 5010 related to 837 (I/P), 835, 834, 270,271 transactions and performed gap analysis between HIPAA 4010 and 5010.
- Used rational tools including Requisite Pro, Rose, ClearCase, and ClearQuest extensively.
- Performed agile analysis, which includes estimation and prioritization of requirements, where software development becomes "real" for project stakeholders.
- Liaised between operations and technical team to convert business requirements into technical solutions for decommissioning the legacy systems.
- Performed Data mapping, created ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data.
- Knowledge of claim formats (e.g., ANSI, NSF, and Print Image) and HIPAA transactions sets (e.g., 837, 835, 270/271, and 276/277).
- Worked with IV&V team in collaboration with the State’s Vendor Management Office, and within a multi-vendor landscape, to ensure overall compliance with both state and federal health implementation standards.
- Determined whether system designs and approaches are consistent with Federal guidance, and the Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA) initiative, sponsored by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Involved in writing the Business Process Document for MITA-CMS certification for the functional area of PBM (Pharmacy Benefit Management) for Iowa Department of Health.
- Initiated support to stakeholders and business owners by analyzing business needs to design and develop BRD’s and test Plans for MMIS functional areas: Managed Care, Member and Claims.
- Created guidelines to guarantee successful development by the IT department and ensure future implementation by the Operations department for stakeholders and clients.
- Liaised between operations and technical team to convert business requirements into technical solutions for decommissioning the legacy systems.
Confidential, CINCINNATI, OH
- Overview: The project is based on Credit and Mortgage data systems, KYC Remediation of existing customers including data collection, on-boarding to the KYC Application and creation of KYC files in logical order fit for sign off.
- Acted, as a liaison for business partners to analyze business needs, provide key insights and recommendations, and resolve highly complex operational business problems.
- Supported project teams throughout the project lifecycle in a fast-paced agile environment, which includes solution analysis, work breakdown process, project schedule and release coordination.
- Reviewed Commercial Loan documents, based on the Business Unit request, its validity and time needed to complete the Project.
- Involved in gathering the requirements with the SMEs to get the maximum information about the work-stream including Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring, and Asset Management.
- Used UML to produce Use-Cases, Use Case diagrams and Activity diagrams to explain process flows and functional specifications.
- Applied UML notations and methodology in developing models that accurately represent the business process reengineering and workflows and clearly communicated them to the stakeholders.
- Designed Data Flow Diagrams (DFD's), Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD's), and web page mock-ups using modeling tools.
- Used SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to move data between files.
- Developed Business Intelligence reports for the team using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services).
- Identified best practices for requirements elicitation, release planning and user stories or other FRD/BRD requirements planning.
- Coordinated and collaborated with Product Owners, Managers and developers to translate business needs into functional requirements.
- Chaired Requirement Gathering Sessions (RGS), Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and Joint Application Requirement (JAR) sessions.
- Conducted Gap Analysis and created an AS-IS workflow of the existing system.
- Generated reports as per Adhoc request from the client and added Balsamiq Mockups to JIRA issue for enhancing the effectiveness of iterative activities.
- Used Team Foundation Server (TFS) with Visual Studio (VSTS) for version control of BA artifacts and worked on requirement management tools (Rally) which integrate with Visual Studio.
- Captured and stored requirements using Visual Studio Team System Team Foundation Server (VSTS) when creating requirement work-item types.
- Coordinated with QA team for Test Planning and Design & creation of traceability matrix for ensuring the consistency of test cases with the business requirements.
- Prepared GAP Analysis Document to display current and future business process with MS Visio.
- Handled SDLC lifecycle of the project in building applications i.e. Plan Driven and Change Driven Methodology including Sprint releases.
- Developed BRD's for enhancement requests from internal stakeholders.
- Assembled data and artifacts to complete WLO, Transition or Operational Business cases & vendor statements of work.
- Used tools like Clear Quest to identify and track the defects.
- Identified business needs using numerous methods, including stakeholder interviews, user groups, and market analysis.
- Transformed business needs into actionable user stories for use by development teams.
- Supported design sessions through interviews, JAD sessions resulting in minimal effort spent in high correlation designs.
- Created sequence/process flows, and use cases documenting functional (FRDs) and system requirements (SRDs) allowing development team to start development phase ahead of schedule.
- Resolved functional/technical gaps between user stories and architecture such that architecture can support and provide functionality desired by user stories.
- Clarifiedrequirements and user stories on a daily basis to ensure continued progress of development team.
- Worked with a modified agile methodology that deals with many different sprints to move forward with the product task.
- Developed ideas from product owners and project stakeholders into requirements to build and improve an existing system.
- Participated in daily standups and help team overcome any obstacles encountered throughout development of each project.
- Worked as a liaison between multiple business and development teams to communicate progress, risks and product feedback.
- Partnered with Product leads and business owners to create roadmaps that drive strategic vision for the product line.