- Over eight years of professional experience as a Business Analyst with strong domain knowledge of Retail, Apparel and Footwear, Supply Chain Management, and Merchandising including E - commerce applications, Healthcare Management, Order to Cash Management, Logistics and Inventory Management.
- Experience in integration/migration/conversion projects and great expertise in SAP PP, MM and SD modules.
- Experience in data layout from mainframes systems/ DB2 database to staging and then to SAP.
- Expertise in implementation of SAP AFS and intercompany sales process. Delivered full life cycle system implementations, rollouts and ongoing production support.
- Skilled at SAP MM - master data configuration- material master, plant and storage locations, inbound and outbound logistics and inventory management.
- Skilled at SAP PP - AFS Material Requirements Planning (MRP), and Bill of Materials.
- Skilled at SAP SD - Customer master data set up, allocation run and seasonality, created pricing, sales deals for respective sales area and RICEF documentation.
- In depth knowledge of SDLC Methodologies i.e. Waterfall Methodology and Agile.
- Liaison with stakeholders, business process owners and executive sponsors to develop business processes, system solutions and identify Key Performance Indicators.
- Lead requirement gathering sessions, document/review/develop business processes and design system solutions.
- Skilled at performing Gap analysis, SWOT analysis and Cost-benefit analysis, along with good knowledge of process workflow tools and techniques, process metadata using ETL.
- Knowledge of multiple HIPAA/EDI transactions including Health care Eligibility /Benefit Enquiry (270) and EDI Health care Eligibility/Benefit response (271) and other claim transactions including 837I, 837P, 835.
- Excellent writing skills in preparing business requirements documents (BRDs), system requirements specifications (SRS), system design specifications (SDS), functional specifications, and defining project plans.
- In depth knowledge of UML in visualizing and documenting the artifacts using Use Cases diagrams, Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams and Activity diagrams in MS-Visio.
- Hands on experience with IBM Rational software integrated tools like Requisite Pro, Rational Rose and MS Project for requirements management and analysis use case development, business and data modeling.
- Developed project communication deliverables including roadmap, planning list, change request, timeline, budget, scope and other requirements.
- Expertise in data analysis from data warehouse by querying using SQL to analyze the problem from business users and develop the required solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and involved in high interaction with variety of audiences (PMs, technical specialists, developers, architects, SMEs).
- Familiar with Quality Center to design and develop Test Plans and Test Cases and good at learning technologies and systems that are organization or project specific.
- Expertise in creating training materials and conducting individual and group (JAD) sessions with technical units.
Methodologies: SDLC, Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Software Development Process
Operating System: SAP AFS 3.0, 5.0, 6.0 and 6.5, SAP CRM 7.0, Microsoft Windows 9X/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8, UNIX, Mac OS
Databases: Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Oracle, IBM-DB2 (Squirrel)
Business Modeling Tools: MS Outlook, MS Office, MS Project, MS SharePoint, Rational Rose, UML, MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Quest
Testing/Debugging Tools: JIRA, Test Link, At Task, QTP, HPQC, Rational Testing Suite, MS Excel.
Other Tools: SAP MM/PM/SD/PP Module, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Keyless/Winshuttle, DOORS, Retalix Storeline POS, Business Intelligence Tool- Tableau, GTNexus
Confidential, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Business Analyst / SAP AFS Consultant (MM/SD/PP)
- Consolidate demand plans of footwear and eyewear from different business users and create an estimated demand plan.
- Convert the demand plan into Purchase Independent Requirements format and load it into SAP.
- Provide weekly report of AFS stock that have not met the delivery dates as per the order book and discuss those issues with the Asia team about making decisions on extending the delivery dates or air freight the materials to the customer’s location based upon the cost.
- Provide weekly report on carryover and new open purchase orders and close out all purchase orders that are not properly delivered and are in the past.
- Create purchase requisitions and convert them into purchase orders referring sales orders.
- Create and maintain third party orders, stock transfer orders and regular purchase orders for Asia Pacific vendors.
- Communicate status to Sales Ops. Run ATP (Available to promise) for materials at plant level.
- Use GTNexus to determine the whether the newly created purchase order or changes to the purchase orders are located in the system for vendors or not. GTNexus is a link between Toms and Vendors where vendors can manage the purchase orders and send invoices to TOMS.
- Working as a power user of Excel to generate reports and also to pull data from BI (Business Intelligence).
- Focus on eliciting requirements and handling Order to Cash process.
- Conduct virtual meetings to communicate with European Business users and work as a liaison between stakeholders and Application Support Team.
- Captured and published meeting of minutes.
- Use brainstorming, problem solving and conflict resolution techniques to help team accomplish project activities.
- Layout maps of the business processes to accommodate new business requirements and wrote user stories.
- Create work performance reports to generate decisions or raise issues.
- Create Customer master data and converted Account receivables from legacy to SAP AFS solution.
- Process transactions related to creation of purchase order, goods receipt and invoice receipt.
- Generate RICEF documentation during system enhancement.
- Create condition types for product determination and pricing.
- Maintain SKU substitution for different customers. Debug and navigate SAP data at database level.
- Use IDOC methodology to create sales order for customers. Configure MRP data and debug short dumps.
- Highly involve in conversion of legacy Material Master to Hanes SAP system and direct data analysts and developers to create mapping documents and perform configuration changes as per the requirement.
- Use query transaction codes (QTC) to search data elements for data mapping process.
- Understand ABAP codes during short dumps to resolve the error and ask application support team for relative change.
- Use Test Link to manage test plans and test cases. Performed unit-testing, system testing, and helped business perform user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Create and manage CA tickets using JIRA. And assisted Scrum Master with the daily updates on the open tickets.
- Facilitated workshops for creation of Business and Functional Requirement Documents.
- Created business processes using flowcharts, work flow analysis, document analysis and also involved in data mapping.
- Gathered requirements for Application Support team to make configuration changes to Material Master.
- Highly involved during analysis of data and created requirement traceability matrix (RTM).
- Generated milestone charts for management to understand the progress of project.
- Wrote functional specs for development team.
- Worked closely with supply chain team and used legacy system migration workbench for conversion.
- Identified key issues and determined action plans for BI reporting improvements.
- Worked with development team to debug ABAP programs for errors encountered during migration of legacy data.
- Worked with SAP EDI team to resolve the issues of inbound IDOCS of PO.
- Created transition documents to convert the mass process to operational process. Used WINSHUTTLE tool and info path forms to run the post implementation tasks.
- Created condition types to calculate royalty on sales volume. Setting up indicators in material master to represent what materials come under royalty group.
- Involved in management of Master Data Objects, which includes functional location and equipment master records.
- Worked on sub modules of plant maintenance and performed inspection, measures and repair to measures activities.
- Assisted the Project Manager with the planning and execution of the project and created Gantt Charts.
- Worked as functional on MM, PP and SD modules.
- Reviewed and examined business processes and systems, model data, design activity and flow diagrams for better visualization of application solution.
- Conducted mock-up meetings and generated status reports and weekly updates accordingly.
- Created input files for cross reference tables and validated data across different servers.
- Created ETLs for data integration and data analysis from relational data warehouse system by querying using SQL.
- Managed test plans and test scripts using Test Link.
- Responsible for conversion of Material Master, Account Receivables and Sales Orders using LSMW methodology.
- Involved in implementation of intercompany sales process. Maintained safety stock at style level.
- Configured a pricing procedure to handle intercompany and customer price for same style.
- Performed mass extension of materials to different plant and to different sales org.
- Focused on Key Performance/success indicators for the comparison of strategic and operational goals.
- Helped Data Foundation Team to streamline the on-going business processes.
- Prepared specifications required for master data uploads and interacted with ABAP developers to deliver the work products.
- Worked with team on lessons learned and created artefacts to deal with similar projects in future.
- Post Go-Live support for inventory management and cost allocation.
- Introduced LSMW tool for mass migration to the project team and performed Cost-Benefit analysis between LSMW and Keyless system.
- Involved in transformation of Maidenform order processes to Hanes’ SAP system using LSMW (Legacy System Migration Workbench) methodology.
- Migrated MFB order processing and existed MFB distribution flows to HBI SAP Apparel and Footwear Solutions.
- Created customer master data and maintained all types of customers like ship-to, sold-to and mark-for and their partner functions.
- Performed extension of customers to different sales org and respective company code.
- Created commission groups and regional data for customers of particular sales org.
- Performed EDM/Data Tasks for the materials need to be loaded into HBI.
- Created spreadsheets to extend MFB materials to various plants.
- Provided thorough documentation for all the techniques of data transfer.
- SAP Crystal Reports used to perform data reporting.
Environment: Windows XP, SAP AFS 6.0 and 6.5, Agile, Scrum Environment, JIRA, MS Word, MS Excel, MS outlook, MS PowerPoint, MS Project 2010, MS Visio, SQL Server, Test Link, At Task, XML, BODS.
Confidential, Portland, ME
- Involved in interviewing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and carefully recorded the requirements in a Business Requirements Document (BRD).
- Worked on Procure to pay process, generated work orders, purchase requisitions, purchase orders and executed work orders.
- Proficiently helped development teams (ABAP developers) to break down large user stories for execution and provide them logic in RTD (requirement Testing and Designing) format.
- Involved in configuration and then assignment of profit centers to the hierarchies and created rules tables to accommodate the different brand hierarchies.
- Created ETLs for data mapping of source to target.
- Performed gap analysis between the “As-Is” model of the legacy system and the “To-Be” model to identify the gaps, logged issues relating to the identified gaps and worked with the SME to get clarifications.
- Communicated with enhanced high level flows diagrams: Presentation to senior executives, department users and IT developers and testers.
- Used Tableau for operational data reporting.
- Hands on experience in Manual Testing and User Accepting Testing (UAT), preparing user manuals and rollout plans.
- Used JIRA to analyze & capture bugs, track and manage any type of updates.
- Used Quality Center to manage Test Cases.
- Created test scripts using Quick Test Pro.
- Tested the app with the scripts using Quick Test Pro for various testing. Involved in leading the Test Process.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Involved functionality testing in Confidential ’s Official Mobile Inventory Management Application.
- Conduct Issue Review meeting on a daily basis during every release.
- Performed configuration testing on different platforms and web browsers.
Environment: Windows XP, SAP AFS 3.0, 5.0, Agile, Scrum Environment, JIRA, MS Word, MS Excel, MS outlook, MS PowerPoint, MS Project 2010, MS Visio, SQL Server, Quality Center, XML, Java, Firebug, Requisite Pro, IBM-DB2 (Squirrel), Tableau.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
- Gathered and synthesized detailed Business Requirements for Business Rules Engine.
- Documented Business Rules and developed As-Is and To-Be Process Flow Diagrams.
- Conducted individual and group (JAD) sessions with technical units.
- Liaised with the technology team to derive Functional Requirements.
- Created Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) based on User Requirement Specifications.
- Derived System Requirement Document based on Functional Requirement Specifications.
- Used guidelines and artifacts of RUP to strategize the implementation of rational Unified Process effort in different iterations and phases of software development life cycle.
- Translated and communicated functional requirements effectively to Business Customer and Team members using Business Rules, Screen layouts, Data Mapping Analysis, System Interfaces and GUI Designs.
- Documented the use cases and prepared the use case, activity, logical, component and deployment diagrams using MS Visio for a clear understanding of the requirements by the development team.
- Created reports for process improvements and trend analysis.
- Performed GAP analysis of business rules, Business and system process flows, user administration, and requirements.
- Developed wireframes for UI screens.
Environment: Unified Modeling Language (UML), Microsoft Word, MS Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Reader, Quality Center, MySQL, Oracle 11i, PL/SQL, Rational Unified Processes (RUP) methodology, Share Point, GAP analysis.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
- Participated in creation of Business Process Workflow Diagrams with Stakeholders.
- Involved throughout the business Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Conducted meetings with business users and SMEs to identify and gather various functional and non-functional requirements.
- Conducted GAP analysis of the different reports that are being presented to clients to accommodate their requirements.
- Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures to create a Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Worked on multiple HIPAA/EDI transactions including Health care Eligibility /Benefit Enquiry (270) and EDI Health care Eligibility/Benefit response (271) and other claim transactions including 837I, 837P, 835.
- Created artifacts such as Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Played a key role in planning, testing, and implementing system enhancement requests.
- Adopted Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology with emphasis on its six best practices for iterative and incremental development.
- Planned all the RUP iterations and documented the artifacts throughout various phases.
- Conducted JAD sessions during the various stages of upgrading the matching system and discuss the current system preference.
- Helped identifying reports for decision support system and interacted with database designers.
- Worked closely with the Lead Business Analyst to monitor progress, and the deliverables for the project.
- Reviewed System Test Plans, wrote test scripts and worked with business folks to validate and execute the test scripts.
- Functioned as the primary link between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
Environment: MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio), MS-Project, Windows 2000, SWOT analysis, Clear Case, Clear Quest, GAP analysis.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Assisted business owners to identify, clarify, define and document the objective and benefits of the project.
- Collaborated with business owners to determine ROI.
- Gathered, analyzed, translated, and documented business/user requirements.
- Obtained business sign-off on user requirements.
- Prepared and delivered user requirements for project development teams.
- Gathered and documented current business processes.
- Proactively investigated options to solve business problems and to meet the business needs.
- Documented and recommended business process change.
- Participated in design review sessions where required.
- Compiled and tracked issues.
- Participated in technical discussions and design reviews involving XML schemas.
- Assisted in transforming the business functions into Object Oriented Programming System (OOPS) concept with the help of a class diagram.
- Assisted in creating data models to map the business process using MS Access.
- Created user stories for the look, feel and functionality of the GUI system.
- Maintained a Sprint Matrix to validate system requirements. Created Sprint backlogs to assign work to development teams.
- Collaborated with the QA team to prepare other testing strategies, reviewed transaction-logs and reports to track and resolve processing errors using Test Director.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Knowledge Transfer of uncommitted product backlog
- Initiated and facilitated communications between the technology teams and the business
- Ensured adherence to depaent operation standards by following the prescribed SDLC process and operational framework.
- Collaborated change management activities and delivery business solutions.
Environment: Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Share point, MS Visio, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, UML, Windows XP, NT/2000, XML.