Ambitious, detail - oriented and analytical business analyst with 8+ years of experience, strong background in planning and monitoring, executing project requirements, and transforming business methods for optimum delivery. Expertise in Business Documentation, UML modelling skills and deep understanding of business change needs and analyzing requirements to meet those needs.
- Domain knowledge in the field of Banking and Mortgage with understanding of various risks and compliances like Basel Accord, Confidential, SOX and FINRA. Also, familiar with loan origination system such as Calyx Point and BytePro.
- Proficient in industry standard Software Development Methodologies like Waterfall, Agile-Scrum, Kanban and Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid with understanding of Extreme Programming, Rational Unified Process and Spiral model.
- Great understanding and knowledge of Scaled Agile framework (SAFE) and Scrum framework including Scrum Ceremonies, Artifacts, Prioritization and Estimation techniques.
- Determined Scope, performed impact analysis i.e. both business and technical impact, cost benefit analysis, risk analysis and feasibility study. Maintained and prioritized the Risk Register based on Risk Estimate.
- Proficient in Technical and Business writing, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling and Testing.
- Expert in understanding of Business Analysis, Business Process Flows, CASE Tools, SWOT Analysis and GAP Analysis, AS-IS and TO-BE designing, stakeholder interviews and requirements walkthrough.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development ( Confidential ) sessions, focus groups, interviews, brainstorming, project status reports and oral presentations.
- Proficiency in gathering SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Reliable, Timely) requirements and transforming them into functional and non-functional specifications.
- Excellent Business writing skills and experience in creating BRD, FRD, Confidential, SRS, Use Case Specifications, data requirements, GUI requirements, RTM, SLAs, RFP and project initiation document.
- Proficient in creating page mock-ups, wireframes, and dynamic UI prototypes - HTML, MS VISIO, Pencil Project, Justinmind and Balsamiq.
- Competent in Creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagram, State Chart Diagram, Data Flow Diagram and Class Diagram using MS Visio and Signavio Process Manager.
- Facilitated Change Management across entire process from Project conceptualization to Testing through Project Delivery.
- Aided QA with development of test plans, test scripts, test cases, test data and test objective to ensure that all aspects of project are in compliance with business requirements.
- Good understanding of software development best practices such as Test-Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) which are used in test-centric development.
- Collaborated with QA analyst in several types of testing like Black box testing, Compliance testing and UAT.
- Cultivated experience in working with different web services such as HTML, WSDL, SOAP, UDDI, REST, JSON under various architectures like Three-Tier Architecture and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines. Open to dynamic work environment and ability to work collaboratively with business analysts, testers, developers and other team members in the overall enhancement of software product quality.
Business Modelling Tools: MS Visio, Signavio Process Manager, Pencil Project, Lucid Chart
Requirements Management Tools: Rally, JIRA, SharePoint, TFS, HP ALM, Confluence, Version One
MS Project, MS SharePoint Server: Big Data (Apache Hadoop), Apache Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Storm, Hbase, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Atlas, Ambari, Zeppelin, Mapreduce
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center and Data Quality, SSIS
Languages: Java, C++, SQL, HTML, XML
Miscellaneous: Microsoft Office, SAS Enterprise Miner, draw.io, RedHat JBoss BPM suite
DOMAIN KNOWLEDGE: Banking and Mortgage Domain
Anti: money Laundering, Loan Origination, Trading Lifecycle, Asset allocation
Risk and Compliance: Bank Secrecy Act ( Confidential ), FinCEN, OFAC, BASEL Accord, Dodd-Frank Act, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, FINRA, SEC, CCAR
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Verified all aspects of Client Identification Program (CIP) and account opening documents to ensure compliance with know Your Customer (KYC), USA Patriot Act and Bank Secrecy Act ( Confidential )
- Conducted periodic Confidential risk-based review on individual and business accounts and highlighted high-risk jurisdictions, cash intensive/high risk businesses; Politically Exposed Persons ( Confidential )
- Ensured compliance with various compliance regulations such as OFAC, FinCEN and Bank Secrecy Act
- Helped project manager to develop timelines for project delivery, and manage projects and resources for successful completion. Developed a vision plan that defined bank’s Confidential policies and procedures are primary goals of the project.
- Performed feasibility study, cost benefit analysis and viability study.
- Created RACI Matrix to identify and categorize all relevant stakeholders in the project.
- Used JIRA for user story management, issue tracking and requirement traceability and Confluence for repository management and collaboration.
- Created business requirement, functional and system specifications, project schedules using MS Project.
- Created page mockups using Pencil Project to better illustrate GUI requirements.
- Interacted with SME’s, asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be understood and reviewed by both technical and business people.
- Worked with production staff and Conducted Gap Analysis by creating Swim Lane diagrams and highlighted the differences between the AS-IS and TO-BE model.
- Designed and Created Activity Flow Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Use Case diagram, Sequence Diagram using UML Business Process Modeling in MS Visio.
- Worked with system architect to document the business architecture i.e. created a visual representation of core banks objective. Then conducted a detailed analysis and evolved the architecture based on this framework.
- Integrated third party services for CDD and EDD on our onboarding customers, companies and ID documentations using ComplyAdvantage’s REST API.
- Performed checks against World Check Risk Screen, FinCEN list, and OFAC Specially Designated Nationals List (SDN) and Blocked Persons list.
- Integrated Red Hat JBoss BPM suite with application server to combine Business Process Management and Business Rules management.
- Used opensource Hortonworks data platform (HDP) to migrate to Hadoop ecosystem for both real-time and batch processing.
- Managed the development of change management process for enterprise, working with the system owner to document the existing change control process and define new processes as needed; Performed impact and cost benefit analysis to validate the change requests.
- Executed View SQL queries with different Where Clauses to create specific Views for reports to Confidential Compliance Office based on business stories and business rules.
- Responsible for writing Feature Files in cucumber to aid QA in testing those requirements.
- Developed and maintained quality procedures and ensured that appropriate documentation was in place and every feature was tested.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Business System Analyst
- Helped PM in developing project scope document, concept statement, risk analysis document, mitigation plan and proposal statement. Performed feasibility study, SWOT analysis and cost benefit analysis.
- Conducted the GAP Analysis between the Current State & Future State Processes, analyzed the current issues, researched on the best practices of loan origination system and provided recommendation before implementation process for new application
- Conducted and participated in the meetings with stakeholders, business managers, relationship managers, end-user’s users to understand and document business requirements and functional specifications for the Workflow
- Elicited requirements and needs of the application by conducting Brainstorming and Confidential sessions. Interviewed bank owner and SME’s and asked both open ended and close ended questions to refine the requirements.
- Created requirements documents- BRD, FRD, Confidential . Decomposed these requirements into user stories by conducting user stories session with product owner and defined the acceptance criteria.
- Coordinated all the requirements with the requirements management tool- TFS.
- Created Use Case diagram, Data Flow diagram, Activity diagram showing the application flow. Also created mock up screens for better understanding on GUI requirements.
- Created and updated the Gantt Chart to trace the project planning at the detailed level.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with PM, BO, committee of SME’s and kept them engaged and ensured that their requirements are implemented as specified in the business and functional requirements.
- Helped in the prioritization of requirements.
- Worked closely with design architect to ensure that the requirements were clear.
- Reviewed loan applications and analyzed data required to process loan documents and performed validation to ensure loan documents are transmitted to appropriate departments.
- Created Test Plans and Test Cases for GUI and database testing by analyzing the Business requirements specification document.
- Reviewed test scripts to ensure that all the functional requirements have been tested.
- Familiar with using Loan Origination Software such as; Calyx Point, Encompass, BytePro Lender.
- Knowledgeable of current lender guidelines, Fannie Mae (FNMA) / Freddie Mac (FHLMC) AUS Systems, RESPA, loan programs; niches, submission and loan processes.
- Developed user manuals, presentations and training manuals as per project specifications and timelines
Environment: Waterfall-Agile Hybrid, MS Office, TFS, MS Project, MS Visio, UML, Calyx Point, Selenium and SQL
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Understood organizational needs by going through the business case for the project. Created vision and scope of the project during project planning.
- Conducted Confidential sessions, Focus Groups and interviews for eliciting, analyzing requirements for various ad-hoc reports and creating documents for analyzing and visualization of data collected from disparate source systems.
- Prepared documents like BRD, FRD, DR and SRS.
- Created Data Flow Diagrams for approval from business owners and lead data architect on how the data can be migrated.
- Created various UML diagrams for easy understanding.
- Performed Data Profiling, Data Cleansing and Data Analysis along with Data Analyst before loading the data into the central data warehouse using tools like Informatica Data Quality.
- Helped in deciding the methods for ETL process to load data into target warehouse using Informatica Power Center.
- Involved in Data Mapping from Source to Stage layer and Stage layer to Target. The mapping documents consisted source tables, columns, data types, transformations required and business rules to be applied.
- Helped Data Architect in dimensional modeling using star schema and defined relation between fact and dimension tables.
- Used Tableau for Data Reporting, studying the trends, data patterns and for data forecasting.
- Led the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) efforts, and opened/closed defects on HP QC.
- Drafted test strategy, test cases, entry and exit strategy by working closely with the quality analyst team. Used SQL queries to perform data analysis, data validation and data manipulation.
Environment: Rally, MS Visio, MS Office, Data Migration, MS SQL database, Oracle Database, Informatica Power Center, Informatica Data Quality, Oracle’s Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Erwin, HP QC.
Environment: SQL Server, .Net, ASP.NET, ASP, Visual Studio 2005, VSS, XML, Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Visio, HP Quality Center, UML, MS SharePoint 2007, Windows Server 2003
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Involved in defining the scope and business rules of the project, gathered business requirements, which involved interaction with various stakeholders and SMEs. Created BRD, FRD and Confidential .
- Started writing User Stories by conducting a story writing session along with product owner and scrum master and wrote user Acceptance Criteria for each story.
- Created a mapping document that maps all the fields in the HTML pages to XML tags which are in turn mapped with the tables and column names in the database and involved in performing client side validation on the new system.
- Extensively used INVEST criteria to write user stories. Facilitated various Vertical Slicing of the epics into user stories during Backlog Grooming Meeting.
- Created mock-ups for the UI using Balsamiq and assisted UX team in developing the UI.
- Conducted Confidential sessions, 1-on-1 and Group interviews and Document analysis of already existing systems documentation.
- Analyzed requirements in terms of the dimensional data elements and measurable facts. Identified source systems, their connectivity, related tables and fields and ensured data suitably for mapping.
- Collected information about different entities and attributes identified primary keys and foreign keys for the entities. Mapped surrogate key tables to the required dimensions.
- Used SQL select queries to get data from databases for backend testing.
- Installed and configured SSRS - SQL server Reporting services and SSAS - SQL Server Analytical Services.
- Assisted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in communicating testing principles and guidelines with the team.
- Created product documentation including online help, user manual, and training materials.
- Provided user test cases and collated and track defects. Communicate defects to development team.
Environment: Waterfall-Agile hybrid, JIRA, Visual Studio IDE 2013, WCF, ASP.Net v5.2, LINQ, HP Quality Center v9, LoadRunner, Xamarin, SQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, MS Office Suite 2011
- Developed/Communicated/Documented overall project plan using MS Visio. Involved in interviewing business area experts, asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in the format so that it can be reviewed and understood by both business and technical people.
- Gathered user and business requirements through interviews, surveys, prototyping and observing from account managers and User Interface of the existing system.
- Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures.
- Worked as a liaison between technology and the business clients to improve business processes and support critical business strategies.
- Determined user/business/functional requirements. Created UML diagrams including Use Case diagrams, Activity Diagrams using MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Used brainstorming and ideation techniques to derive ideas from the stakeholders.
- Gathered requirements by using interviews, observation, Confidential, brainstorming sessions, and documents analysis.
- Collected Business Requirements and converted them into Systems Requirement specifications.
- Developed non-functional requirements and documented them as Business Rules, Quality attributes, constraints documents.
- Validated technical designs created by IT developers against functional specifications.
- Worked with QA team to design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Back End Testing.
- Used SQL queries to Access data base for back end testing.
Environment: MS Project, RUP, MS Visio, MS Office, ClearCase, ClearQuest, UML, Selenium, SOAPUI.
Jr. Business Analyst
- Facilitated ( Confidential ) Joint Application Development sessions to identify business rules and requirements and then documented them in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business and technical teams.
- Defined the scope & financial projections, also performed Cost/Benefit Analysis, Risk Management and GAP Analysis.
- Created Business Requirements Document (BRD) and converted them into System Requirement specifications (SRS) and obtained approvals for all documents.
- Analyzed business requirements and created Use Cases, Process and Activity Flow Diagrams using MS Visio to derive a clear and mutual understanding among stakeholders.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the business unit to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line, including the business plan, products and processes.
- Assured that all artifacts are in compliance with company’s standard policies and guidelines.
- Conducted walkthrough sessions with stakeholders including end users, technical team and provided assistance in developing user manuals.
- Worked with QA team to develop and execute Test Plan Document defining Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Played a key role in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) by managing identified issues and ensured all issues were resolved.
Environment: Waterfall, MS Office, UML, MS SharePoint 2010, MS Visio, Selenium, SOAP UI
Jr. SQL developer
- Interacted with business users and analysts and gathered and documented the technical and business metadata.
- Involved in ER diagrams (Physical and Logical using Erwin) and mapping the data into database objects.
- Designed database, tables and views structure for the new data mart.
- Created complex stored procedures and functions for integrity checks of transferred data.
- Performed unit testing and SQL performance tuning.
- Helped provide end users with the ability to access and utilize the data stored in the data mart.
- Tuned SQL statements Using Indexes and stored procedures.
- Developed data access queries/programs using SQL Query to run in production on a regular basis and assists end users with development of complex Ad Hoc queries.
- Responsible for query optimization using MS SQL tools such as Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, index tuning wizard.
- Successfully transferred old data from various sources like flat files, MS Access, and Excel into MS SQL Server 2005 using SSIS Packages.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 Enterprise Edition, Windows Server 2003, SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS), Business Intelligence Development Studio(BIDS), Oracle 10g, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, IIS.