- 10+ years of experience as Business Analyst with good experience in Analysis, Designing, Development, project management & integration in IT industry.
- Prepared Business requirement Document by constantly engaging in discussion with the IT and the Business team of the project
- Experience in creation of SRS for complex projects.
- Handled multiple projects through all phases of SDLC including Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Architecture Design, Development, Testing and Implementation.
- Associated with the core team that created the technical design and defined the scope of the project.
- Responsible for maintaining the quality profile of the project and ensuring that the team adheres to the quality guidelines during the project.
- Excellent facilitation skills in conducting walkthroughs, surveys, questionnaires, interviews, focus group brainstorming, researches, and JAD & JAR sessions.
- Experienced in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience in interviewing Business users & SME providing recommendations to resolve issues for various business/technical groups & defining strategic solutions to business problems in a multiple project environment.
- Experienced in Conducting Tests (Integration testing, Regression testing).
- Experience on project management tools like MS - Project, MS Visio for status reporting and planning.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Good team player and have ability to work independently in time sensitive environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills with good work ethics and ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Operating systems: Windows NT/2000/2003/XP/VISTA/7
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, SDLC and RUP
MSOffice: Outlook, Word, Excel and Power point
- Created detailed Use Case documents, BRD and other business documents necessary for the development team and their better understanding of project milestones.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee of SMEs from various business areas including Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring and Asset Management.
- Conducted JAD sessions with stakeholders, management and technical team to determine the scope, processes and requirements of the project.
- Used IBM FileNet for content management, document management and integrated it with mobile platform.
- Gained hand on knowledge on Fiserv UniFi to process loan application and supporting documentation. ‘
- Created functional design document, use cases for IBM FileNet Content Manager and Workflow Systems interacting with SMEs, two different vendors and development team.
- Mortgage Pre-payment risk, Risk Analytics for MBS, Loan Servicing, Loan Origination, MBS, CMBS, and Secondary Mortgage Market.
- In an Agile environment, provided subject matter expertise for the migration of Mortgage Loan Origination IT operations, which utilized the Fiserv Unifi PRO Mortgage LOS, Also provided analysis for the workflow and user interface components for the Unifi PRO Mortgage LOS improvement project.
- Prepared Test case design and Test Cases.
- Supported maintenance document implementations of Unifi system
- Understanding of XML and XML Web Service request and response elements.
- Expertise in Agile and Scrum Methodologies and related terminology such as Daily Scrum, Release Burn down, Scrum Master,Sprint Planning Meeting, Taskboard, To-do and Work in Process Charts.
- Establish documentation for Agile methodology for implementation with a very water-fall-centric development team.
- Completed requirements analysis for Loan Origination System (LOS) project and Compliance Engine project.
- Involved in eliciting and writing business requirements for the amortization of Retained Portfolio of the company.
- Involved in testing the conversion of the application into web application using XML web services.
- Utilized Agile/ SCRUM and PMI methodologies to monitor, steer and develop project objectives.
- Involved in all phases of software development life cycle.
- Followed the RUP (Rational Unified Process) methodology for elicitation and representation of requirements.
- Was actively involved in the design of BRD, FRD, Use Case diagrams and Activity diagrams using MS Visio.
- Prepared scenarios, Use Cases & UML State Diagram for scenarios using Rational Rose.
Environment:: Windows 7/Xp, MS Office, UAT, Visio, Winrunner, Unifi Pro Mortgage, Test Director, J2EE, Excel, MS Project, VB Script, PL/SQL DHTML, SQL Server/Oracle, MS Access.
Confidential, Lewisville, TX
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Planned and defined system requirements to Wire Frames with Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, analysed the requirements using RUP methodology and documented the requirements using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Liaised with end-users and IT project team to gather business requirements.
- Facilitated best practices and streamlined call flow design.
- Interacted extensively with various business groups, stakeholders and users to develop the Vision Document that is aligned with corporate strategic objectives.
- Conducted joint application development (JAD) sessions by convening project sponsors, end-user representatives, subject-matter experts (SME) & technical personnel & documented the minutes of these meetings/sessions.
- Conducted user interviews and documented business and functional requirements.
- Conducted interviews, meetings and JAD sessions during the process of Requirement Gathering.
- Involved with team to design IVR and solved routing and user experience issues within a call structure.
- Responsible for eliciting, analyzing, communicating and validating requirements for changes to business processes.
- Proven expertise in creating test plans, UML diagrams, flowcharts, screen mockups and systems requirements specifications.
- Conducted JAD sessions for communicating with Stakeholders and Project directors.
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting process impacts and gathering and documenting Support and promote process improvement opportunities for gathering requirements business requirements from project stakeholders.
- Used MS Visio to create Flow diagrams and Use Case Diagrams.
- Developed & managed detailed functional requirements, use cases, and corresponding business process flows using MS Visio and MS Office.
Environment: Windows 7/xp,UNIX, Oracle, PL/SQL, IBM DB2, Dbase3, DOS and UNIX Sequential Files, MS Visio, MS Access, XML Files, Sybase.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Created Business Requirements Documents, Functional and Software Requirements Specification Documents.
- Gathered and documented Use Cases, Business Rules, created and maintained Requirements/Test Traceability Matrices.
- Worked closely with the project manager, team lead and the client managers and worked in RUP methodology to operate the entire project.
- Continuously worked with upper level management for project planning, coordinating, scheduling and budgeting.
- Analyzed the AS-IS and TO-BE processes to understand the key findings, the short term considerations, long term considerations and its benefits.
- Gathered requirements by conducting face to face interview, JAD Sessions at different sites, and analyzed them for further functional requirement specifications.
- Suggested measures and recommendations to improve the current application performance
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements and recommended to improve the application in improving efficiency
- Designed and developed Use cases, Activity Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Assisted testing team in designing test cases and aided during functional, integration, & regression testing for the validations.
- Made use of SQL queries and RDBMS for the arrangement of customer data.
- Assisted in the development, design and implementation of new relational or multi-dimensional databases, including the analysis of user needs.
- Participated and effectively communicated User Acceptance Test (UAT) results between users and development team and provided recommendations for Application Change Requests (ACR).
Environment: MS Visio, RUP Methodology MS Office Suite, MS SharePoint 2010, SQL, JAVA, Quality Central, UML, Windows XP, MS Project.
- Created User Stories, activity diagrams for the interaction between report analyst and the reporting systems.
- Created Functional Requirement Specification documents - which include User Stories, Scenarios, activity, work Flow diagrams and data mapping. Process and Data modeling with MS Visio.
- Conducted the GAP Analysis between the Current State & Future State Processes, analyzed the current issues, researched on the best practices and provided recommendation before the implementation process for new application.
- Created Root cause analysis, Cost Benefit analysis & project charter.
- Handled multiple projects throughout the project time-frame and successfully met all the deadlines for both the projects.
- Developed business process models in Agile Methodology to document existing and future business processes.
- Played a key role in the planning, budgeting, analyzing, and implementation of a new application.
- Gathered and articulated Business Case, Business Requirements from the Directors, Managerial level and end-user Business Partners and synthesized those requirements into technical specifications.
- Documented and standardized Business Case Document, Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Test Cases of new and enhanced job process.
- Conducted and participated in the meetings with stakeholders, business managers, relationship managers, end-users users to understand and document business requirements and functional specifications for the Workflow.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and created Use Case Diagrams, Navigation Flow, Business Flow Diagrams Data Flow Diagrams and Work Flow Diagrams for applications and created Activity Diagrams using MS Visio and created conceptual model, behavior diagrams.
- Facilitated and conducted the weekly meetings, interviews and JAD session on a regular basis with the business partners during the entire SDLC process.
- Created and updated the Gantt Chart to trace the project planning at the detailed level and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to track the requirements.
- Assigned and prioritized tasks and issues among the team to achieve project deadline.
- Developed user manuals, presentations and training manuals as per project specifications and timelines.
Environment: Agile, MS Office, MS SharePoint, MS Project, MS Visio, UML, and SQL.
- Designed and developed all Narrative Use Cases and conducted UML modeling like created Use Case Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams and Activity Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Developed business process models in RUP to document existing and future business processes.
- Responsible to determine the GAP Analysis between the As-Is / To-Be Business Process Flows.
- Played a key role in the planning, analyzing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Worked closely with Project Manager and senior DBAs for understanding the process flow and their areas of improvement within the J2EE platform.
- Gathered and articulated Business Requirements from User Interviews and Synthesis those requirements into technical specifications.
- Documented and standardized use case document of new and enhanced job process.
- Organized and participated in the meetings with stakeholders, business managers, users to understand.
- Documented business requirements and functional specifications for the Workflow.
- Created Business Rules Spread Sheet (BRS) as needed and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to track the requirements.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and created Use Cases Scenarios, Use Case Diagrams, Navigation Flow, Business Flow Diagrams and Work Flow Diagrams for applications and created Activity Diagrams / State Chart diagrams using MS Visio and created conceptual model, behavior diagrams.
- Manually verified all the all the operation and technical process structure in order to make sure the improved performance of the system and the process
Environment: RUP, MS Office, UML, Java, J2EE, HP Quality Center, MS SharePoint 2010, MS Project, MS Visio, UML.
Jr. Business Analyst
- Gathered, documented and executed Requirements-based, Business process (workflow/user scenario).
- Development of screens, Unit Testing of the modules, and fixing the issues.
- Worked with business users to define product feature requests, business requirement specifications, and change requests.
- Documented requirements and transformed them into functional and technical requirement specifications.
- Modeled business process flows using UML, activity and sequence diagrams.
- Conducted one-to-one meetings and web-conferences as well as sessions with stakeholders;
- Analyzed and came up with suggestions providing consistent process for the communication, escalation and resolution of issues.
- Documenting artifacts including, but not limited to, Functional Specifications, and the Use Case Specifications.
- Articulated business requirements from user interviews, and workshops converted requirements in technical specifications for developers.
- Worked with other team members in reviewing requirements via the use of Use Case Diagrams and Activity Diagrams.
- Conducted Daily Defect status and Progress meeting reports with QA team.
- Carried out defect tracking using Clear Quest for identifying and documenting all issues, functionality gaps and new functionality needs.
- Involved in monitoring process flows
- Created Business Process Verification Plans, conducted and wrote user test check list manual for UAT Phase.
Environment: MS Visio 2003, MS Excel 2003, MS PowerPoint 2003, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case.