- Senior Data Architect and Modeler with solid Business Analysis, Data / ETL Analysis and Project Management background. Strong oral and written communicator accomplished at business requirements elicitation and analysis, use cases, system specification, reporting, presentations, and technical writing.
- Exceptional skills at applying technical design to business requirements.
- Expertise in concept - to-completion management of multiple projects and meeting deadlines using on site and offshore resources.
- Relational and Dimensional Data Models
- Requirements Elicitation & Documentation
- Strategic Thinking & Global Management
- Business & Process Modeling
- Data & Functional Gap Analysis
- Agile (Scrum) & Waterfall SDLC
- Data Mapping & ETL Specification
- Code and Documentation standards
- Project Risk Identification & Mitigation
- SQL Queries & Report Development
- Tech Writing: BRD, SRS, FDD, User Doc
- System Architecture and Design
- MS Office, Visio, MS Project, TOAD, Microstrategy, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, ERWin, Rational Rose, HP ALM (Quality Center)
- MS Windows, UNIX, LINUX, Sun Solaris
- Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, Actian Matrix, Sybase, MS Access
Data / Information Architect, Data Modeler, Senior Data / Business Analyst, and Project Manager, St. Louis, MO; New York, NY
- Liaise with senior management, project stakeholders and end-users to capture, analyze and specify business and ETL requirements, present recommendations, report project status and manage expectations.
- Convert business requirements to relational and dimensional data models and evolving data architectures.
- Author Business Requirements Docs (BRD) and Technical Specs (Mapping Specs, SRS, FDD).
- Manage multiple projects including rescue missions to bring errant projects back on track.
Senior Data Modeler / Architect and Lead Analyst
- Evaluate existing and new technologies to identify development platform to provide reporting flexibility within enclave architecutre
- Conduct functional and data requirements capture and analysis, design and development for several management reports providing insight into nonperforming and forclosed loans to ensure the single family operations group focussed attention on loans that provided greatest financial impact when addressed.
- Develop complex SQL queries to profile and QA data sources and to prototype and validate reports
- Worked closely with Data Governance and Application Data teams to modify model of existing data warehouse and develop a semantic data layer to facilittate ad-hoc reporting.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Data Modeler / Architect and Senior Data / Business Analyst
- Documented current state and liased with senior technology and business staff and DBAs to define future state architecture of data ingestion, integration, storage and consumption includng staging, Operational Data Stores, warehousing, and archiving.
- Documented existing data model, defined scalable, sustainable future state data model for data warehouse (Conceptual and Dimensional models)
- Conducted requirements capture and analysis, design and development of regional and district manager commission reporting system (SQL, MS Excel, SSRS) to ensure personnel are paid commission in accordance with incomming methodology.
- Developed SQL queries to identify root causes of data issues and implemented, recommend solutions or demonstrate validation.
- Generated data dictionary for sales data warehouse to coordinate with vendors and business users for data governance
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Lead Business/Data Analyst
- Managed controller group project process for Genesis and Mortgage Accounting Engine Deliverables.
- Lead analyst and architect for multiple projects including Common Balance Adjustment System, Journal Entry System and Commercial and Retail Motgage Busines Rules Engine for AE UAT.
- Defined loan indicative data source to target mapping for ETL of risk data warehouse integration to enterprise contracts, positions, and balances data warehouse. Defined file specification for client transaction ETL.
- Managed Development of Accounting Engine Tactical Solution Application.
Application Development Manager, Lead Business/Data Analyst
- Managed Development of Core Services‘ deliverables for Disclosure of Interest International Regulatory Reporting Integration and data provisioning project. Developed Project plans and status dashboards to manage set priorties and manage expactations
- Coordinated timelines and deliverables for traditional waterfall project with sister agile (SCRUM) project.
- Collaborated with client business and technical leadership to define and document requirements for system specific Data Snapshot Manager application to Extract Transform and Load (ETL) volatile transaction and position data.
- Defined data structures and ETL definitions for reference data for more than 30 feeds from disparate provider bespoke systems for inclusion in Master Data Management (MDM)
- Defined use cases describing system behavior across data supply scenarios.
- Generated Requirements Traceability Matrix to evidence that requirements are implemented and tested
- Diagramed current and future state processes and data flows
- Directed onboarding of 20+ reference data feeds into enterprise master (reference) data repository.
- Managed onboarding and integration of 30+ strategic transaction and position (T&P) data supplies.
- Defined Test plans, cases and scripts to assure quality of data feeds and T&P Snapshot Manager application.
- Wrote SQL queries to analyze and profile source data and identify root causes for defects surfaced during testing.
Lead Analyst / Data Modeler
- Collaborated with subject matter experts to elicit and document business and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Coordinated with system owners and analysts to analyze available source data required to meet business requirements.
- Queried source system and data mart databases to identify and resolve data quality issues.
- Defined report to support litigation which saved NYC estimated $40MM .
- Defined and documented data mapping (ETL) to onboard source system master and student case workflow data from dispirate platforms (MS SQL, Oracle).
- Assumed joint ownership of data model, defined entities, attributes, and relationships required to meet reporting requirements.
- Coordinated source system data onboarding.
- Troubleshot and resolved source and derived data issues for more than 60,000 records failing to migrate to legacy system.
- Developed MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Scripts to move data from Source System to Data Mart.
Business / Data Analyst and Data Modeler
- Collaborated with senior management, system owners, subject matter experts and data analysts, to elicit, analyze and document business and data requirements for Enterprise Risk Aggregation System and Data warehouuse.
- Defined and documented process and data flows for specific exposure netting processes.
- Defined and modeled data entities and relationships to meet business requirements.
- Coordinated master data and scenario data onboarding processes.
- Conducted full SDLC for Meta Data and requirements tracking system to manage source to target ETL rule evolution, business terms and data dictionary.
- Troubleshot and resolved source and derived data issues.
- Defined system documentation standards.
Data / Business Analyst
- Work closely with business users, developers and QA team to capture and communicate business requirements (BRD / Use Cases / FRD) for retiring legacy Basel II transaction hub and to deploy feeds on strategic credit risk reporting system.
- Modified existing database design (tables, views and columns) to accommodate new business needs.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to prototype / emulate reports, validate ETL and troubleshoot issues.
- Specified feed ETL source to target mappings.
- Identified data source alternatives for missing or inadequate data elements for reports to RWA Calculation Engine, Bank Regulators and to FDIC.
Lead Data Analyst and Data Architect
- Gathered and documented business requirements (BRD) for Web Based Multiple Listing System.
- Converted business requirements to high level design and relational data model.
- Developed SQL queries to populate screens / reports.
- Designed dimensional model to report totals of listings by date, geography and broker.
Business / Data Analyst & Project Manager
- Lead Data Analyst and Business Analyst for the FMBO Data Warehouse.
- Gathered and documented data warehouse requirements for BI (Business Intelligence, data feed ETL (in and out), and reference and transaction data.
- Authored business (BRD) and technical (FDD) specifications.
- Converted requirements to conceptual and logical data design (dimensional model) for customer holdings, sales, and call center subject areas.
- Generated process models to depict current state and define future state operations.
- Managed the middle office conversion and web based portfolio reporting (Project Fulcrum) QA
- While still managing Project Z, assumed management and lead business analyst roles from overwhelmed predecessor.
- Restructured on-site and off-shore (Russia, Latvia, Switzerland) BA and testing teams to maximize member strengths.
- Conducted gap analysis to expose data shortcomings / quality.
- Wrote SQL queries to generate ad-hoc reports.
- Designed data model and reports for dashboards to analyze data and display progress to management.
- Assumed management of troubled middle office conversion QA project.
- Identified and developed mitigation plans for project risks.
- Prioritized test case executions and defect resolutions.
Principal Analyst / Data Architect
- Designed logical and physical data models for e-commerce and research management applications called Confidential Web Presence and Internal Applications.
- Managed full SDLC for development of corporate web presence through three iterations and re-purposing.
- Lead BA and Data Architect for research management application.
- Conducted requirements gathering sessions with all levels of personnel from c-suite and executive management teams through end users for external and non-profit organizations.
- Generated strategic and detailed needs assessments, system requirements specifications, and conceptual data models.
- Presented to several influential professional, government, and academic bodies including PRMIA, Casualty Actuarial Society, US EPA and ISEIS.
- Conducted and documented detailed research.
- Developed strategic frameworks for data management, data maturity, and product readiness