- Around six years of experience as Business Analyst with strong domain knowledge in Insurance and finance Industry.
- Strong Management, Business, Leadership and Technical skills in Technical coordinator, Business Analysis, on both IT and Business side.
- Extensive experience in all phases of Waterfall and agile methodologies of SDLC for developing ITIL Service - Now tool.
- Managed large scale projects, including on-site/off-shore teams.
- Experience in ITIL (Information technology infrastructure Library) lifecycle’s
- Excellent communication, client relationship management, problem solving, analytical skills.
- Experience in AGILE, RUP, WATERFALL methodologies and all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Expertise in Client site coordinator that involves understanding business requirements, day to day client interaction, offshore knowledge transfer(KT) activities, onsite status call coordination, project deadline keeping and worked as a team with business partners and end data customers
- Experience in gathering requirements from the various business users, other stakeholders and making Business Requirement Document, Functional Specifications Document, System Requirement Specification Document, and User Stories.
- Adept at reducing development costs and proving traceability of projects.
- Proficient in SQL queries and worked on MS SQL server.
- Extensive experience in developing Use Cases, creating Screen Mockups, conducting GAP Analysis and Impact Analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk Analysis.
- Define Business Process; Risk Identification and analysis; providing baseline acceptance criteria and deliverables. Acted as liaison between management and development team for Requirements and QA. Participated in budget planning of the project through walkthroughs and meetings involving various leads from Development, QA and Technical Support teams.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD), project meetings, reviews, walkthroughs, and customer interviews.
- Proficient in UML modeling using modeling tools like MS Visio and Rational Rose to prepare Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Workflow Diagrams. Having working knowledge of Software Testing using HP Quality Center (QC).
- Deep knowledge in the Analysis of Traceability Matrix, Bug Severity, Defect Tracking, Bug Tracking system and Bug Reporting.
- Proficient in MS Project, MS Office Suite and SQL for querying data.
- Participated in Functional, Black Box software testing, Including Regression and UAT.
- Experience solving complex problems, team coordination and motivation skills as well as the ability to communicate successfully across cultural barriers.
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, MS Visio, UML.
Configuration Mgt. Tools: Rational Clear Case, Microsoft Source Safe.
Change Mgt. Tools: Rational Clear Quest, HPSM, ServieNow
Languages: C, C++, SQL, HTML, J2EE
Operating Systems: Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP, UNIX.
Applications: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, SharePoint, Cognos, Salesforce.Com, Remedy, Track IT, Mapics, Service Now, Microsoft Frontpage, Lotus Notes, Norton Ghost, Crystal Reports, Jasper Reports, Help Systems, PCAnywhere, Compuware
Databases: Microsoft Access, Oracle, MS SQL Server, My SQL, DB2, Oracle Forms and Reports, Crystal Reports, Toad, SQL Developer, Business objects (Business Intelligence Software)
Web Tools: Adobe Web design suite (Golive, Photoshop, Imageready, Illustrator), Macromedia Dreamweaver, AppDynamics
Deployment Tools: ServiceNow, IBM UrbanCode Deploy, ROVR, IBM WSRR (Websphere service registry and Repository), CMP (Cloud Management Portal),BMC Service Desk Express
Confidential, Erie, PA
Business Analyst / IT Analyst
- Deliver IT Services Management (ITSM) solutions based on ITIL best practices that focus on the people, process, and technology and information perspectives of providing integrated organization wide business solutions within the IT infrastructure. This includes all aspects of ITSM best practices and methods from analysis, through architecture and design, to planning, implementation, and support for IT department of Erie Insurance.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of the process "Service Desk and Incident Management” andcarries out the respectivereporting procedure in Infrastructure delivery department.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis in order to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking actions.
- Scheduled and conducted walkthrough with Subject Matter Experts SME's to lead process design sessions to develop Future State definition.
- Schedule and conducted workshops with vendors/partners/SMEs to document detailed work flow, including manual case exchange process if applicable
- Results-oriented Joint Application Development (JAD) Facilitator and meetings coordinator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Liaised with ITSMServiceNow development teams in the effective implementation of solutions to meet clients' business
- Developed and implemented ITIL best practices processes and procedures in Infrastructure delivery department.
- Undertaking research for the root-causes of Incidents and thus ensures the enduring elimination of interruptions.
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements
- Developed and presented to leadership a monthly Problem Management review on activities, metrics and KPIs.
- Collaborated with cross functional teams and vendors to create a quality root cause analysis to minimize repeat failures.
- If possible make temporary solutions (Workarounds) available to Incident Management.
- Reviewing all "on-hold" problems and known errors
- Creation of Problem Tickets for all the Repetitive Incidents
- Reviewing progress and results of Problem Tickets with client and (senior) management
- Supporting the implementation of corrective actions Apply Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework knowledge
- Reviewed and recommended changes to IT Leadership Team and support processes to ensure a continuous improvement of the Incident and Problem Management processes.
- Make sure that RCA of a problem is being provided by the competency.
- Conducted training sessions for the end users and documented various training manuals
- Responsible for the daily production control meetings of major local and global incidents in assessing customer impact and awareness for reducing adverse business impact.
- Coordinate and facilitates problem resolution by engaging a variety of support teams
- Escalating issues for resolution, to avoid reoccurrence or close problem.
- Facilitate communication with clients, team members, suppliers, etc. To ensure the actions and changes which may affect them are known.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Sr. Project Coordinator / Business Analyst
- Responsible for managing deployment activates once Project is hand over to deployment team by Project Manger
- Responsible for assigning tasks to Implementation coordinators (On site and Off site)
- Responsible for tracking progress of deployment activates and gathering updates from Implementation Coordinator
- Coordinate with Project manager and stakeholders for any road block during the pre-production testing and Production deployment
- Participate and coordinate all major Production releases
- Gather updates from project team and Implementation coordinator for production and Post-production activities and measure successfulness of the deployment
- Created, updated and executed Release Plans, Release Schedule, & Release Summary
- Creating and executing Implementation test plans
- Execution of implementation testing, back-out testing and business checkout assistance
- Creation and resolution of defects, incidents, & problems related to implementation activities.
- Working closely with Project ICs and other Release ICs to consolidate various release documentation including Implementation Plans, Staffing plan, back out plan.
- Execute and follow up with projects and Release teams for quality assurance tasks including Production Readiness Reviews, Implementation Approval Package and Implementation Readiness Reviews.
- Validation of Change records tasks.
- Assisted in setting up test environments associated with Implementation Testing including defect resolution.
- Facilitated meetings and delivering status updates to various leadership based on implementation progress
- Providing status updates to various leadership related to implementation tasks and overall Release progress.
- Partner with Planning Change to identify key dependencies and develop Release plans at work effort activation.
- Created project closer report after deployment
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
- Gathered Requirements and developed Business Requirement document for multiple enhancements and Technology requestsforms for sizing and planning.
- Conducted JAD sessions to develop business solution that application meets the business requirements, resolve open issues, and change requirements.
- Involved in communication with the Network Group/DBA Group and Application maintenance groups to understand the different file formats.
- Tracked project timelines and resource utilization.
- Placed resource requests to resource managers.
- Developed Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD).
- Conducted GAP Analysis.
- Involved in construction of different test case formats for each application for Unit, Integration and Regression testing and re-testing.
- Involved in communication with the Infrastructure Group/DBA Group and Application maintenance groups to get the test and pre-prod environment updated to the latest version of enhancement.
- Worked with developers to develop and document technical specifications of the system.
- Recording defect logs in JIRA, and communicating directly with Development lead, Tech Lead and Business Users.
- Assistedin User Acceptance Testing and provided user trainings with emphasis on application features and enhanced functions.
- Assisted in developing training materials for new technology, user features, and process improvement.