- 8+ years of diverse experience in multiple areas of Project Implementation including Project Management, Business Analysis and Business System Analysis, Requirements Management, Process Improvement and Quality Assurance in the finance industry.
- Extensive experience with Capital Markets and products (such as Trading life cycle, Fixed Income, Derivatives Swaps, Options, Contracts & Warrants), Asset Management, Risk Management, Equities, Bonds, Mutual funds, Retail /Investment Banking and mortgage.
- Achieved expert level knowledge on Anti - money Laundering (AML) such as BSA, OFAC and hands on knowledge on Basel and Dodd Frank Compliances.
- Utilized common SDLC / PDLC models - Agile & Water fall Methodologies to plan scope and agreed-to processes as projects move out of initiation and into later stages.
- Extensive experience in facilitating and conducting Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions and Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with business groups, senior management and IT groups.
- Demonstrated expertise in writing Business Requirements Package Documents (BRD), Functional Requirements Documents (FRD) & SRS's.
- Created and maintained Use Case diagrams, Test case diagrams, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, work flow diagrams, state chart diagrams and data process flows using UML Tools like MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Developed Data Mapping (Tibco Source-to-Target Mapping) and gained knowledge of Data Warehouse.
- Obtained broad Experience in UAT testing, System Integration Testing (SIT), on-functional Testing, Regression Testing. Wrote simple SQL Queries to produce data streams to support ETL processes.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills. Effectively works in cross-cultural environment in diverse teams. Performs well in pressure-environments & either independently or as a team player.
SDLC/ PDLC: Waterfall and Agile Scrum methodologies, UML, JIRA, Confluence, JAD, ETL.
Microsoft tools: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Access, MS VISIO, MS Windows XP/VISTA/7/8,Adobe Acrobat Suite, MS Project, MS Share Point
Tools: C,C++,SQL, HTML, IBM Informatica, IA information Analyzer, Axure RP
Sr. Business Analyst / Product Owner
- Worked with senior management, experienced traders, and other stakeholders to define project scope, plan and requirements.
- Implemented Agile Scrum methodology for the project to manage functional and business requirements.
- As a Product Owner, collected and gathered requirements to contribute to the Risk/Return Analysis, and Portfolio Optimization and Diversification.
- Accumulated customer requirements from various end users through user stories, surveys, interviews and JAD sessions and analyzed the requirements.
- Documented business and functional requirements associated with change requests (PCR’s) and connected requirements with Use cases.
- We had to enhance one tool for market analysis and for requirement gathering I did extensive analysis on Capital market instruments such as Stocks, Bonds and Derivatives.
- Implemented Client tracking system to keep track of capital market instruments for updating of web-based trading floor.
- Created prototypes of the GUI environment using Axure RP to be used by the developers during the design phase.
- Designed and created Excel sheets to provide market analysis charts to be integrated with the application.
- Conducted Gap Analysis during the review of the compliance items for improved future audits.
- Implemented Order to Cash life Cycle (OTC) for Order management Process, Scheduling Process, Pricing process, Shipping Process, Receivable Process and cash management Process for their clients.
- Created test plans and scripts, facilitated and performed user acceptance testing and tested strategies with development and testing team.
- Effectively communicated user acceptance test results between users and development team and provided recommendations for change control requests (CCR).
- Created Data warehouse and data marts using ETL tool Informatica also performed Data mapping to extract data from previous version of online Trading floor to load into newer version.
- Extensively used SQL queries to pull out data from Data warehouse, compare data tables and used SQL joins to get data from data tables to create new trading floor.
- Formalized and analyzed other related trading tools and functions including Market Order, Limit Order and Daily Trading Volumes.
- Involved in preparing a simple and detailed User manual and assisted training session of the new and improved system.
Environment: Agile Scrum methodology, JIRA, Confluence, UAT, UML,MS Office(Word, Excel, Power Point), SQL, MS Visio, MS Access, JAD sessions, ETL, Informatica
Sr. Business Analyst
- Managed projects within a division or department and portions of large cross-partner, departmental, or divisional projects throughout the life cycle.
- Managed project risks by effective communication to stakeholders with appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Lead system integration analysis, requirement analysis, design, testing, and support and debugging activities with key business and technical stakeholders including architects, developers and analysts.
- Lead 3 analysts in the system integration analysis, data analysis and requirements elicitation for the implementation of various producer /consumer system(s) adaptors to publish/consume data in/from enterprise data services hub in the form of canonical data format.
- Facilitated JAD sessions or interview users to determine their needs or engage in either requirement soliciting methods. Lead complex data collection and analysis activities.
- DOORS Administration Support - Supported project teams to manage requirements, baseline, and traceability and implement Change Requests. Helped development teams to Export design document to DOORS and generate RTM and other applicable deliverables as required by SDLC checkpoints.
- Implemented CTS (Client Tracking System) to managed Loan origination process.
- Lead data modeling and research alternatives for the development of business requirements. Performed data analysis with high complexity in support of ad-hoc customer requests. Developed SQL and reports for analyzing and presenting the data.
- Reviewed and managed complex business process information and data scenarios, Performed impact analysis, GAP analysis for new processes or changes to existing processes including process redesign to improve on the current methods, apply analytical skills, and produce thoughtful and strategic recommendations for review with the business partner.
- Demonstrated ability to see patterns, identify root causes and combine disparate ideas to maximize value. Highly focused on efficiency and process improvement.
- Actively participated and documented lessons learned prior to the project close-out. Maintained lessons learned as part of the organization repository accessible to the entire team for reference.
- Reviewed and managed application controls to identify gaps, ineffective, poorly designed duplicative controls.
- Incorporated requirements traceability through design, testing and user acceptance phases.
- Managed all phases of testing including development of test plans, scenarios, data, and test scripts for facilitation of System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Analyzed the test environment for usability and user interface design including Defect tracking, recording, and management to ensure defect correction completion.
- Managed RAID log and helped Project Manager completing weekly status reports.
- Managed Artifacts on the Share Point site.
Environment: MS Office(Word, Excel, Power Point), MS Project, HTML, UAT, SQL, MS Visio, MS Access, ETL, Informatica.
- Developed a thorough understanding of existing business process through Document analysis, shadowing business users and by reverse engineering of the current system. Gathered necessary requirements for the analysis and documentation of the present system by analyzing existing processes and their relationship with other processes and types.
- Bridge between Business & Technologies teams.
- Regular follow ups with all the application teams for their respective tasks and overall Project progress.
- Facilitate Weekly Meetings to monitor & track project status & publish minutes of meetings to all teams clearly stating the completed tasks & next Action items.
- Conducted and participated in brainstorming sessions with Stakeholders to determine feasibility of proposals and proposed develop alternate plans for the project.
- As a Business Analyst of the integration/interface team prepared use case models and documentation based on Business Requirements gathered through interaction with various stakeholders.
- Successfully brokered collaboration and negotiation between business stakeholders and the technical team to ensure they make sensible priority decisions.
- Converted various business and user requirements to functional and non-functional requirements, business rules and constraints.
- Participated in SCRUM meetings on a daily basis. Managed the Product Backlog and worked closely with the product owner.
- Organize & participate in Sprint Planning meeting, Sprint Review, Sprint Testing, Sprint Retrospective & daily stand up meetings.
- Actively assisted in the solution demo provided to the Product Owner.
- Defining test cases, creating test scripts, analyzing bugs, interacting with QA / tech teams in fixing errors and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Assisted Quality Assurance Team with system testing programs to cover various scenarios, with respect to functionality to ensure the system met both business and functional requirements.
- Suggested innovative and creative solutions to improve current business process by proposing solutions to think outside the box.
- Ensured timely completion of project tasks and deliverables with a very high degree of quality by prioritizing tasks appropriately and resolving issues along with the project manager.
- Worked closely with technical team to ensure requirements were fully understood, prioritized and validated.
Environment: Agile Methodology, JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft tools.
- Identified and documented business requirements from Current Account Group, Saving Group, Mortgage Group, Tax Group and created Use cases, Use case Diagram, Work Flow diagrams, flow diagrams using MS Visio.
- Identified Functional specification and documented them into a Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Created Detailed Business Requirement Document for Automated Management, Automated Financial Reporting and Automated Process Notifications to relevant departments.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, business users and other stakeholders for open and pending issues to develop specifications.
- Designed Use Case Diagrams, UML diagrams, and Sequence diagrams in MS Visio.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and production rollouts, and the defects detected were tracked and managed using HP Quality Center.
- Conducted data analysis and data validation by writing SQL queries using TOAD for Oracle database.
- Assisted Project Manager and development team to scope and prioritize development releases.
- Prioritized project efforts, project plans, process flows, Use Cases and System requirement specification and analyzed the Business requirement and site specifications.
- Interacted with the client and the management teams to understand the requirements and report the status of the testing efforts on their specifications.
Environment: Microsoft tools, SQL, UML, UAT, HP Quality Center and TOAD for Oracle.
- Functioned as a liaison between end users (Business Stakeholders) and IT teams, also assisted PM with coordinating Joint Application Development Sessions with users and IT teams.
- Worked with cross functional teams in order to establish comprehensive business and functional requirements; then translated those requirements into software design specifications using various notations of UML.
- Built a strong relationship with the client group, internal and external, to understand, document, and deliver the analytical and reporting solutions required.
- Involved in decomposing the functionality of existing systems that will be replaced by the new system.
- Worked with developers and the Quality Assurance Lead to understand the Use Cases and functional requirements.
- Conducted Requirement Analysis and Gap Analysis.
Environment: Waterfall, MS Project, MS Office tools (Word, Excel and Power Point and MS Visio)