- 3 years of working experience as a Business Analyst with a track record of managing complex IT projects in the Financial Services domain.
- Business requirement gathering from various sponsors and stakeholders by understanding business goals and priorities through research, formal - informal sessions, JAD sessions with teams, stakeholders and end users.
- Performing GAP analysis on existing system and suggest solutions for a new system based on business needs.
- Drafting business requirements and functional requirements in the form of BRD’s, FRD’s, and SRS’s etc. with great technical detail to support actual implementation of project. Hands-on experience with MS Visio and use case diagrams for creating data flow/process flow diagrams such as flowcharts, activity charts, sequence diagrams as per UML.
- Facilitating User Acceptance Tests and other testing procedures when required. Testing phase of the project included producing test cases and scripts, manage progress and debugging.
- Identifying issues/risks on a timely basis and confronting the stakeholder for mitigation.
- Extensive experience in developing and enhancing applications for financial purposes in the advisory sector.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Technically competent and goal oriented with problem solving skills. Excellent team management and leadership skills. Additionally, great presentation skills in regards to communication with both business and technical teams.
Project Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile (SCRUM)
Business Modeling Tools: MS Visio
Requirement Management Tools: Caliber RDM, Caliber RM
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP QC-ALM
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Xp, vista7, Mac OS X
Databases: MS SQL Server
Tools: MS PROJECT, SQL, SharePoint, MS Office, MS Excel
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Worked with MUFG America affiliates SMEs (subject matter experts), transfer pricing group as well as compliance department on requirements gathering through JAD, email survey and one-on-one interview.
- Identified, understood and documented business needs for soon-to-be implemented request submission and cost center management tool. Performed Gap analysis between the new system and old SharePoint site.
- Wrote the Business Requirements Documents of all the Business Processes on the BRD template.
- Project methodology used in this project is agile, as a part of it created the Sprint Backlogs in Rally Scrum Sprint Planning Sessions based on estimation from planning poker and released backlogs.
- Conducted Sprint Retrospectives and Reviews and maintained velocity chart to track the progress.
- Used Microsoft Visio to create UML use case diagrams on transaction request submission and beneficiary adding and removal.
- Further created workflow diagrams, activity diagrams, and sequence diagram.
- Completed data migration by moving various files including transfer pricing monthly variance report and manual calculation spreadsheet into an enterprise-wide shared folder.
- Assisted in creating and executing Test Cases/ test scripts and documented all issues identified during the testing phase (UAT) and ensured that all defects were discovered.
- Hosted WebEx meetings with test participants to coordinate completing regression test before deployment.
Environment: MS Office, MS SharePoint, MS Outlook, MS Visio, SQL Server, Jira, HP-ALM, ATAPS
- Authored business requirements document and Use Case documents using various UML based methods like Use Cases, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the requirements and concepts.
- Created Traceability Matrix between Requirements and Test cases.
- Acted as a facilitator between users, stakeholders and IT team
- Responsible for end-to-end project lifecycle management from idea, requirement elicitation, data gathering and analysis, cost benefit analysis, documentation, design prototyping to testing and implementation.
- Coordinated with other development and business teams helping with team projects.
- Organized and facilitated sprint planning, daily stand up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, release planning, demos and other Scrum - related meetings in absence of Scrum master/ product owner.
- Designed and implemented SQL queries using joins, unions, outer-joins and aggregate functions to extract data from different databases for timely reporting and validation.
- As part of the unified development process coordinated with analysis, design and development team to iteratively refine the design and identify risks.
- Assisted the QA team to develop test cases and worked with HP-QC tool to perform testing
Environment: Microsoft Office (MS word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.), SQL, MS Visio, HP QC -ALM, JIRA.