- Detailed Oriented Business Analyst with 9+ years of partnering with Business owners and Technology teams to accurately capture, translate, and document business requirements into specifications for application systems and operational solutions.
- Through work experience and additional training, I have acquired technical skills and business intelligence; and a deep understanding of the impact that application technology and computer automation can have on product quality, operational efficiency, and overall business competitiveness.
- I have repeatedly made positive differences by effectively communicating written descriptions of business needs and business program functionality, program and process diagrams, data flow diagrams, workflow diagrams - and driving verbal interactions culminating in project approval by consensus.
- Defined business requirements and successfully re - engineered business processes for various industries/sectors like Healthcare (providers and Payers)and Retail.
- Excellent Business writing skills in writing Business requirements document, Use Case specifications, Functional Specifications, System Requirement Specifications (SRS), Test cases, Test plans, GAP analysis, Traceability Matrix, Workflows and Unified Modeling Language (UML) such as Activity diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Class diagrams and Sequence diagrams.
- Experience in coordinating sessions with stakeholders for documenting requirements, pain points, solutions and communicating with developers and business users for implementation, acceptance testing and sign off.
- Experience in facilitating and coordinating Joint Application Development (JAD) and Joint Application Requirement sessions (JAR) with excellent inter - personal and conflict resolving skills.
- Successful experience in communication skills both written and orally. Implementation of strong decision-making skills. Extensively involved in all the phases of SDLC, requirement analysis and Graphical user interface (GUI) business specification, development, enhancement, quality assurance, testing methodologies and implementation.
- Strong Project Management skills to understand the project scope, objectives, and timelines with MS Project and explain them to various teams and prepared the “As is” and “To be” documents to help identify the benefits and project requirements.
- Hands on experience in the role of a Scrum Master/Business Analyst. Expertise in creating Product Roadmap, Product Backlog, Requirement Specification Documents, Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Sprint Review meetings, Backlog Refinement meeting and Story writing workshops.
- Experience in writing SQL queries to generate reports, ad - hoc queries and to analyze data to requirement.
Confidential, Minnetonka, MN
Business Analyst/ Scrum Master
- Managed the team and ensured that synergies across all the projects in the program are achieved and inter project dependencies are addressed effectively.
- Engaged with stakeholders and conducted workshops to elicit business requirements.
- Conducted GAP Analysis of the AS-IS and TO-BE processes to identify and validate the requirements.
- Responsible to translate stakeholder needs to business requirements, creation and review of functional design, user interface design and UI prototypes/mockups.
- Worked on GUI development: created screen-mockups to review the requirements and provide feedback on the screen design, created ad-hoc screen mock-up to review with the users.
- Assisted the Product Owner in maintaining product backlog, plan release back-log and participate in iteration planning session with development team. Work across multiple agile team to support enterprise level epic.
- Worked with Product Owner to define product features and write epic user stories on monitor and track business value delivery.
- Translated requirements into user stories using INVEST model and wrote Acceptance Criteria for user stories.
- Acted as an interim Scrum Master for two agile teams, Introduced new method such as user story mapping to accelerate development, increase quality and remove major impediments. In eight weeks, reduced time to ship by approximately 30%.
- Facilitated the Scrum Meetings, Sprint planning, daily Scrum meeting, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, Velocity Planning, burn downs.
- Prioritized the sprint backlog and coming up with techniques/tools to efficiently manage Sprint backlog, Sprint Demo, System Demo.
- Facilitated the cross functional teams for all dependencies.
- Maintained Task Boards to provide/have more visibility to Sprint Backlog.
- Making sure the team updates the effort spent on the stories.
- Facilitated the Biweekly Scrum of Scrums and Weekly Scrum Master meetings to get feedback and suggest improvements to enhance performance
- Responsible for communicating program performance to program management office - which includes areas such as on-boarding, training, sprint plan, deliverable signoff, monitoring velocity, backlog, project cost management.
- Leading teams in implementing Scrum to maximize velocity. Worked with Product Owner to ensure highest value features are delivered at agreed time.
Environment: Waterfall, Scrum, Rally, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, SharePoint 2010, RTM, Balsamic.
Confidential, Norfolk, VA
Business Systems Analyst
- Coordinated with the stakeholders and project key personnel to gather functional and non-functional requirements during JAD sessions.
- Studied the existing business process and created AS-IS workflow to illustrate the existing system.
- Created Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) document, Entity relationship Diagrams, RTM, Decision Tables and Use Case Modelling.
- Responsible for the full HIPAA compliance lifecycle from gap analysis, mapping, implementation and testing for Medicaid Claims.
- Gathered and analyzed requirement for HIPAA 5010 and ICD 10 changes.
- Analyzed and documented the changes in the compliance rules for adverse action redesign.
- Involved in up-gradation of HIPAA 4010 transaction to HIPAA 5010.
- Analyzed CMS comparison documentation highlighting changes of ICD10 diagnosis and procedure codes.
- Worked on different EDI scenarios for batch processing.
- Worked on EDI transactions: 270, 271, 837 and 835 to identify key data set elements for designated record set. Interacted with Claims, Payments and Enrollment hence analyzing and documenting related business processes.
- Ensure day-to-day EDI transmission, Reject tracking and Reconciliation.
- Run EDI Reconciliation reports daily and document in MS Excel.
- Was responsible for data mapping of HL7 messages into relational database.
- Assisted in monitoring ancillary data transactions and addressed problems with HL7 messages.
- Integrated Requisite Pro to provide all teams visibility and maintain tractability among requirements, use cases and change requests.
- Maintained and monitored project progress and status through MS Project.
- Managed all the requirements, making requirements available to all team members.
- Created requirements analysis and design phase artifacts using Requisite Pro and MS Visio.
- Syndicated with various cross-functional teams for building business use cases.
- Data mapping, logical data modeling, Data Flow Diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle and Sybase.
- Responsible for co-coordinating business meetings and generating monthly status reports etc.
- Assisted QA team with Test Plans and executing Test Cases.
Environment: Waterfall, SQL server, Windows XP, Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, UML, Business Objects, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Excel.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Guiding the Health IT project by creating project plan, analyzing budget, allocating and coordinating between internal resources and the vendor.
- Manage the implementation and enhancement projects of business and clinical applications in different departments of the hospital system.
- Optimization of clinics by analyzing the gaps in workflow and achieving manageable use of electronic health applications.
- As a Business Analyst, studied the application thoroughly to understand the functionality and trained new team members as they joined along the process journey.
- Responsible for designing future state processes for integration of applications (EHR) with Meditek and drafted High level business requirement.
- Involved in creating BRD’s and Gap Analysis, Design, Development and testing of the interfaces.
- Created Data Mapping document for integration of every application with Meditek including EHR.
- Developed Use Cases, Use Case Diagram, Flow Chart, Data Integration Document etc.
- Responsible for Mapping and configuring existing ITA business processes within selected CRM solutions.
- Mapped EHR data with other applications.
- Worked on Rational Requisite Pro to handle various requirements including FRD, HLR, Non Functional requirement, scope statement and user requirement.
- Extensively worked on backend testing and has very good knowledge of writing SQL queries to verify the test data, create test data and manipulate test data.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using HP QC.
- Extensive experience in Regression testing, creating regression test suite and selecting test cases for automation.
Environment: Windows XP/2000, Oracle, PL/SQL, Mainframes, .NET, MS-Project, MS-Office Suite, MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, Clear Quest.
- Interacted with department heads to finalize business requirements, functional requirements and technical requirements and also created Business process model.
- Performed Requirement Analysis by gathering both functional and nonfunctional requirements based on interactions with the process owners, stakeholders and document analysis, represented them in Requirements Traceability Matrix RTM.
- Facilitated requirement gathering workshops and interviews to identify, translate and document business and user needs into detailed, testable, and verifiable business, functional requirement specifications.
- Captured preliminary requirements for search and visualizing of the experiment information.
- Facilitated JAD - Joint Application Development sessions to identify business rules and requirements, Documented them in PRDs a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people.
- Conducted UAT to confirm that all derivative products can be successfully processed through stages of the SDLC.
- Coordinated various kinds of Testing - UAT, including regression testing, system testing, integration testing, functional testing, and alpha beta testing.
- Used HP Quality Center for updating the status of all the Test Cases, Test Scripts that are executed during testing process.
- Managed workload, schedules and coordinated status review meetings with project managers, business managers and team members.
- Ensured successful UAT testing, training and end user sign off.
Environment: Windows 7, Java, Oracle, Waterfall, Scrum, Rally, MS Paint, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, SharePoint 2010.
Jr. Business Analyst
- Responsible for creating and reviewing business requirements, functional specifications, project schedules, documentation and test plans.
- Conducted GAP Analysis to understand limitations of the existing system and contributed to design of future system; assisted in modeling the AS-IS and TO-BE business workflow.
- Assisted in drafting the Business Requirement Document (BRD) by collaborating with technical teams and stakeholders.
- Facilitated JAD sessions, Questionnaires, Document analysis and Interviews with the stakeholders for the requirements elicitation.
- Documented Business Requirement Document and Functional Requirement Specifications.
- Created high fidelity mockup diagrams to understand the work flow in user interfaces.
- Created and maintained Use Case documents based on the system’s requirements explained the business process flows and created detailed diagrams such as Use Case diagrams, Data Flow diagrams (DFD’s), Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Entity Relationship (ER) diagrams and Work flow diagrams using MS Visio.
- Used Business Process Management (BPM) for managing and improving the business process efficiency.
- Created ER Diagrams for one-to-one and one-to-many mapping relationships using SQL Server.
- Used MS Access and Excel to extract, administer and manipulate large data.
- Performed SQL queries using joins and nested queries to fetch data from MS SQL Server.
- Prepared and maintained the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Performed Risk Management in the project by maintaining a risk register to identify and mitigate risks in the project development process.
- Involved in reporting status, milestones, and project plan tracking to project manager and product owner on a weekly basis
Environment: Waterfall Methodology, MS Project, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint), Mock-up screens, UAT Testing, SharePoint.
Business Development Executive
- Analyze large datasets to provide strategic direction to the company.
- Perform quantitative analysis of product sales trends to recommend pricing decisions.
- Conducted cost and benefit analysis on new ideas.
- Scrutinize and track customer behavior to identify trends and unmet needs.
- Develop statistical models to forecast inventory and procurement cycles.
- Assist in developing internal tools for data analysis.