- 20 years in the industry managing large scale IT infrastructures and network projects across multiple platforms an analytical, result driven technology manager with over twenty years of experience leading complex projects from inception through completion.
- Detail - oriented programmer and architect with 20+ years’ success devising innovative and tailored solutions to meet ever-changing business requirements within diverse industries.
- Advanced skill with leading-edge programming tools complemented by proven ability to assimilate and rapidly utilize emerging technologies.
- Skilled in aligning end-user needs with long-term resolutions to complex IT challenges.
- Excel in analysis, design, implementation, performance benchmarking, optimization, and deployment.
- Data Center Facilities
- Disaster recovery
- IT Project Management
Confidential, Fremont, MI
IT Architect / Business Analyst Consultant
- Successfully implemented and designed of hardware and software to perform the migration from POWER6 to POWER8.
- Evaluated and selected new Enterprise Backup System (EMC Data Domain).
- This saved the company thousands of dollars and increased the efficiency of our backups.
- This initiative also enhanced our disaster recovery implementations.
- Automated over 100 jobs across different platforms and operating systems with the implementation of enterprise job scheduler.
- This initiative saved the company thousands of dollars and increased accuracy of reporting.
- Formulated and defined project scope and objectives through research and business benefits analysis.
Confidential, Grand Rapids, MI
Independent Life Insurance Agent
- Performed needs analysis for individual Life Insurance to include Final Protection and Mortgage Protection).
- Configured a customer centric solution and delivering to the customer for acceptance.
- Completed all necessary applications and associated forms with attention to detail and submitting for underwriting.
Confidential, Grand Rapids, MI
Project Manager/Systems Architect / Business Analyst
- Deployed a Pharmacy Point of Sale solution for a major Midwest retailer ensuring that the server met the required specifications and interfaced with all the in-store facilities.
- Successfully delivered an 18-month project on time and on budget.
- Directed a 12-person team for a large project migrating from HP-UX to AIX for a National Mortgage Lender for.
- Coordinated all technical activities, managed the project schedule, evaluated project risks, and reported to management on project status consistently identified and cleared roadblocks, assessed impacts to the schedule, and communicated to all stakeholders.
- Expert with Agile Principals and SCRUM Methodology and review of User Stories and Acceptance Criteria with Business Partners along with Training and Implementation for large projects, including development and facilitation of training the end user.
- Facilitated the migration of a critical enterprise application for a global manufacturing and distribution company from a legacy, IBM AS-400 environment to an open source Linux based environment.
- Served as primary project manager and system architect, successfully integrating the organization's high-level business goals with the most effective technology available at the time.
- Worked directly with the company senior management, including the Director of Marketing, and Director of Technology to draft a project scope and high-level project plan.
- Subsequently, worked closely with IT staff to breakdown the project into key component steps with measurable milestones.
- Kept communications consistent and flowing among the project members and served as a consultant on a large array of technology issues.
- Directed as technical lead on a database initiative for a major university to determine OLTP vs DW requirements.
- Collaborated with a team from DBA’s to Business Analyst to determine proper workload definition and system sizing.
- Executed a financial application selection and implementation for a US Automobile manufacturer leading the database team through requirements analysis, detailed database analysis, integration, and implementation.
- Successfully created Project Scope worked within Time, Cost, Quality restraints, to deliver and implement a solution.
- Established a benchmark initiative for a multi-state retail organization to identify and resolve performance based issues with ERP system.
- Completed a ERP sizing project for a global manufacturer spearheading technology team through requirements analysis, detailed selection criteria, and implementation in an accelerated time frame.
- Performed Fit for Purpose workshops to examine the wide range of considerations necessary to discuss in selecting a platform for given workloads and applications.
- Worked with cross functional teams to determine factors such as Time Horizon, ISV Support, Nonfunctional Requirements, Geographical Considerations, Strategic Direction and Standards, TCO Model, Skills, Politics, Platform Architecture, Technology Adoption Level, and Deployment Model.
- These workshops encompassed successful interaction with the Director of Technology to Application End Users.
- Executed multi-year project to move a SAP Infrastructure running on SUN hardware and Solaris to IBM POWER and AIX encompassing working with executive level personnel to plan a project that incorporated detailed migration and sizing issues.
- Managed a team of remote systems administrators and local teams to initiate, plan, execute, monitor control, and close to a successful end within time frame and on budget.
- Consolidated and migrated several AIX servers to fewer servers including understanding the business impact of each server and associated applications, substantial planning and coordinating of efforts across organizational lines.